DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I am going to freeze to death

JenniferL

Yay! having a day off from work in January.

Boo! having it off during the coldest month of the year and the heater is on the fritz.  It's 61 degrees in here, which is quite a bit colder than I like to keep things.  I'm curled up with my laptop, a space heater and I've been eating soup.  I would be baking something, but if I tried to make bread it wouldn't rise properly and I'm completely out of eggs.

And yes, I know 61 is ridiculously warm for some of you. I don't care. I live in Georgia. Winter is something that happens to other people.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, my day got off to the worst possible start when I found out that my great uncle had passed away. But it got decidely better this afternoon on learning I am to get a pay rise for passing the first three of my accountancy exams.

Didn't you have a fireplace?

Yeah, but we've never used it. I'm pretty sure a bird has been nesting in the chimney this year, so I think it would be a bad idea to use it. 

The heat was off all day. It's 56 in the house right now.  It's holding steady, but it's still far too cold for my taste.

I'm sorry, but your post offered me no advice on how to survive the coming Freezapocalypse in my bedroom tonight. Since I'm in a survival situation, I had to discard your post.

now if I could BURN it, that would be something...

Didn't you have a fireplace?

Yeah, but we've never used it. I'm pretty sure a bird has been nesting in the chimney this year, so I think it would be a bad idea to use it. 

Then why don't you get a chimney sweep in?  ::)

Last night, we set up a space heater in our bedroom to take the chill off. I'm terriefied of leaving it running it all night, so it went off after an hour. And we put like ten blankets on the bed after running them through the dryer to pre warm them. And we shoved a towel under the door to keep the heat from seeping out. It was so warm!

And then the heat came on by itself in the middle of the night and I thought I was going to smother.

Can winter be over now?

Archived