DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I am going to freeze to death

JenniferL

Elgee we've got down to 0 c before, but it's VERY rare ;) usually the lowest we'd get is about 2. Then again we probably would average 6 or something in winter, I don't really know for sure. So I guess I'm talking out of my butt aren't I? ;)

it's too hot here, I'll swap for a nice 16c day, anyone? wanna swap?? anyone?.... :D

I'd LOVE to swap with somebody too, I frickin hate summer ;) mostly for the flying cockroaches, but I hate being sweaty with clammy (yet perspiring) skin all day too.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elgee we've got down to 0 c before, but it's VERY rare ;) usually the lowest we'd get is about 2. Then again we probably would average 6 or something in winter, I don't really know for sure. So I guess I'm talking out of my butt aren't I? ;)

Totally understandable that you'd talk out your butt, seeing as you live Down Under ... *collapses in giggles*

uhm ... sorry ... *grins*

aaanyhoo ... we have some HUGE flying cockroaches up north too, especially in the Parktown are - they call them Parktown Prawns  ;D

I'm living in mid-Alberta and it's been a nearly solid month and a half of below -20 Celsius.  There's been a lot of days where the windchill is below -30 Celsius.  It's gotten to the point where -20 isn't feeling that cold anymore when there's no wind.  Blah.

In past years we've gotten a week here and a week there where it drops below -20, but this year it's dang cold! 

I sure hope spring comes earlier this year seeing as winter's been so tough on us. 

Yeah, same here. I'm between Red Deer and Calgary. ;)

It's 47 degrees in my house right now.

Needless to say, I am not there.  I have taken my laptop over to a nearby coffee shop to wait for the repairman that Segurant has finally called.

He is mad at me because I made him leave the house. Apparently he had some half assed idea of hibernating through it. Since I don't like spending my entire weekend asleep, I nixed that. Seggie, predictably, is bored. He didn't bring his laptop, so he has to play Tetris on his phone.

One of my past employers had a philosophy of shorts for 3 seasons, pants for winter. This means on the day at the hour which the season changes is when he'll change from shorts to pants on the first day of winter, and from pants back to shorts on the first day of spring. He'd wear his shorts all winter too, but his wife won't let him.

This of course means any heavy snowfalls that happen in fall or spring... he wears socks that go nearly to his knee's when he goes out to clear up the snow.

Archived