DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Anyone here in the SCA?

JenniferL

I am Aengus Mac Seain, Late of the Kingdom of Midrealm, and also apparently late to this conversation thread.

I would be but I find their rules about warfare to confining^^

Yeah, but it's for insurance purposes, so I can understand it.

• 2 weeks later...

*laughs*

More likely the latter. But, it is The Society for Creative Anachronism. We're a Medieval Re-enactment group covering 600AD to 1600AD.

sca.org for more info

So who goes to Gulf Wars besides me and Ire (apparently)?

Based on my darling warder's participation, I'm going to have to go with "Sexual Compulsives Anonymous," as well. Perhaps they had to come up with more PC words to go with the name once people started asking questions... *grins*

www.gulfwars.org

It's an annual week long event for the SCA, based on a war between two or our member Kingdoms, hosted inside a third Kingdom and put on in part by yet a fourth Kingdom.

If there is something to be done in the SCA then it will be on display at Gulf Wars, from fighting to Hawking to weaving to dancing... just  you and 4000 of your friends.

*nods* I can always tell when Kyn goes to Gulf Wars... if he doesn't remember to tell me that is. I usually end up with a lot of explained bruises...

*points to her bicep* Which reminds me... explain this!

Well, there he was in the woods battle, surrounded by the royal guard of the east. He fought bravely and got through twenty of them without a mark before he tripped over his own feet and ran into a tree.

Archived