DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Post your Pic!

Ozhammer

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator
blue heeler? my grandparents had a couple of those.

Aww yea, thats the one! Blue heeler! My dog that passed away several years ago was a mix of between 3-5 different breads..

I know for fact that 2 of them were blue heeler, and collie. *though, my mother said it was a miniture collie? which I've never heard of, supposedly it was a blue heeler, collie, and mini collie...*

Kelpies and Blue Heelers are Australian Breeds.

Kelpies are descended from Collies, and bred with other dogs. They have lithe bodies, short hair and a fox-like head. Caddies pup was a good example, though the traditional colour is a chocoaltey rusty colour. They are very intelligent, and are used primarily as sheep dogs in the bush.

Blue Heelers have an even more mised history. They have collie, dalmation, bull terrier and several other breeds in them before they were perfected. They are nuggety little dogs, compact and muscular with thick heads. They are also called Australian Cattle Dogs. They are built for endurance and are tough little buggers.

Here is my Bluey, though he doesnt have too much "blue" or gray in this pic cos it was his winter coat.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e76/sledgeross/zbjuntitled3.jpg

Both breeds usually have short hair and are active, intelligent breeds with independent and loyal natures so as to survive the vastness of the Australian Outbacks harsh conditions. They symbolise the Aussie ethos in alot of ways, loyalty, honesty and full of character, without anything fancy.

wow, that head on the dog is uncanny to my old one :P.

Take that head, and a body similar to this

http://www.isabelclarkpaintings.com/border_collie_bob.htm *and same color* but with much shorter hair, at most about 1/4 inch long, but not as short as the othe picture.

Also, add some lasers that shoot out of the paws..

pew pew pew.

yeah, oz, the pics if found of australian kelpies seemed to have one of two kinds of markings.

the pattern the cadsuane's had was wicked similar to my hobo's, and their roots are wholly different. mine had not a drop of collie or any of the other breeds you mentioned.

from the size estimates i saw for the kelpie, i think my guy was a bit bigger than the average kelpie. when he was put down, he weighed in at about 90 lbs, though he had been packing on the weight in the months leading up... normally, he was about 75 lbs.

and that was your guy's winter coat, you say? i cannot help but laugh, man. the grass was green around him, man! i know, there's a pretty big difference between australia and southern quebec, but still. hahahahahahahahaha.... when my guy lost his winter coat, it was like having a new carpet, no matter how much i brushed him. i would fill grocery bags with the shedding.

yeah, it's really only in the markings, and basic body proportions. i noticed even from the averages i saw on one site that the kelpie is more of a small-medium breed.

but i could take pics of kelpies on the net, and find an almost identical pic of my guy, it just was funny to me. you get the same rough appearance when you mix a rottweiler and a german shepherd, as i said earlier.

funny story, when i first got him as a pup, i remember this drunk trying to tell me that i had a purebred german shepherd on my hands, and that i was only told it was a wolf cross so i would buy it. cuz, y'know, that makes so much sense. people are always wanting to buy mongrels over purebloods. totally.

Kelpies are dont big dogs though mate, the pure breeds any way, so that a fair assumption.

Yeah, that photo was taken last spring. It takes a while to grow out, and the little buggerv wonr stay still for more than 3 seconds to brush him!!!

Guest Majsju

Well, it's that stage in every man's life, when we realize that "Hey look, I can grow a beard!" :D

Oz! No! bad! *slaps oz on the nose like a dog*

No! you aren't supposed to post pics of things like that! Now, be born of the opposite gender, enlist in baywatch, thats a different story!

Btw, wasn't griggle gonna post a bikini pic?

well, i promise i'll post mine when i'm back in england....either that or i could point you to ....

no that's too odd....i'm giving the internet dating thing a bit of go.(so i've got my profile online...) very strange experience, although was quite chuffed to reach number 12 on the most popular profile list...

OK...gotta say that the pic of Maj surprised me too for reasons that I won't go into because I don't know all of the rules here yet...suffice it to say that it's a compliment.

Figured I would go ahead and post my own pic as well.

Also this probably won't be viewable for 24-72 hours because I just opened the account today. I will probably re-post it once it's showing the actual pic again.

Edited to add actual link as a link won't work unless you can click on it...duh duh duh...did I mention that I can be pretty blonde sometimes...LOL (no offense meant to any blondes out there)

www.face-pic.com/tweetyrider

Later and peace,

Archived