DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome Home Felicur!!

Kara_J

Welcome to the Band of the Red Hand..the awesomest Org on DM!

I'm Kara J, currently CG of the Infantry and chief Mod of our very own RP section. I'll tell you more about it once you've settled in. I'll be seeing you at the Barracks but in the meantime lots of important Banders will be PM'ing/emailing you all the info you need.

Whilst we're waiting for them to do some work..how's about you and I kick back and relax with the finest drink known to man and beast...the Guinfantry! Have yourself several but be sure to keep hold of your shorts....as soon as the MG gets here with the official spiel you'll get blown away and it's a tad embarrassing when your shorts don't keep up ;)

So Bottoms up and here's to a fine Infan...er..i mean Band Career!  ;D

Hi Kara J, thnaks for the welcome, happy to be home! :)

*raises eyebrow, smiles* Guinfantry...sounds good...*checks pocket for the trusty piece of string he never leaves home without*...ah it's there...all good...let's see what this stuff tastes like.

*takes a glass, raises it* slainte (irish for cheers)...nice to meet you...:)

Slainte Felicur *raises a Combat Cognac in return salute*  :)

I'm Tay, the Under-Commander (2nd in command after Corki). Welcome to the Band, best Org at DM so great choice on your part! Our XO, Lady Brid, will be along to welcome you soon I'm sure. Meantime, if you need any help just shout.  :)

*straps the Recruit into a chair* S'ok... Official Spiel *trumpet fanfare* is on it's way... best to take precautions as Kara said.  ;)

Always good to meet a fellow celt, we have a few Irish and Scots members, not to mention a Manx lad... why don't you tell us a bit about yerself laddie?

Hi Tay, *slainte* Great to meet you.

*not sure exactly how i'm supposed to drink this delicious Guinfantry while strpped in chair, but guesses it would not be the best question to ask so simply smiles*

A little about myself...27 years old, from derry (town in northern ireland), been a big fan of WoT for the last five to six years. Lived in spain for the last two, teaching English, and doing that at the mo since in Ireland since I returned at the beginning of July. Interested in most things...music, sport (especially football), partying, chatting to people, and write a lot of poetry and short stories.

*Groans* I hope it was real life info you wanted...

*Reties the rope so that Felicur has an arm spare to drink his Guinny*

Yep Real life info is good...or made up info..or random info...whatever, whichever you choose.  ;)

You'll have fun with us for sure! ;)

*smiles, thanks Kara J* thats better now, drinking arm free again.

I'll have to give the character some thought, haven't rp'ed or anything in the last few years, gonna be a abit rusty.

Cool, looking forward to it! :)

Btw, i can see more boards now in the ORG, shoudl I just ignore them for the time being?

No, it means you've been added to the usergroup :)..have a look around dive in and post and get to know the members. The board titled "Fighting with Jak'O th'shadows is the RP section....or rather my Domain MWAHAHAHA....ahem sorry... the Campfires are the BotRH private boards and now you can see them you should sign in on the roll call and get your first points towards rising up the ranks :)

Oh a new Recruit, fabulous! Welcome Felicur!

*hands the new Recruit a Guinny or 5*

I'm Mystica, one of the Infantry Blademasters and currently Redarm (the Band's police force ;) ) too. I'm also the Editor in Chief of our newspaper, the Hornsounder, which is monthly published right here on this board as one of the stickies on top.

Hopefully you have all your belongings and bits and pieces securely tied fast, for when Corki provides you the Amazing Spiel, it will blow your socks off!

Looking forward to getting to know you and seeing you around the Infantry Barracks :)

Have a fantastic time and welcome home!

Yep, I added you to the usergroup so that you could see the private boards  :)... sorry about tying your drinking arm up  :o silly me  :D

Real life info is great. My mum used to live in Derry, long time ago. :D Only been to Co. Tyrone myself.  ;D

Kara J,

Thanks, I've been reading through the info and that on the boards but I'll sign up when I go back in.

Hey Mystica,

Nice to meet you. Like I said above, i've been reading about teh ORG, what we do around teh boards etc, and it all sounds really cool. Looking forward ta getting my hands dirty. :)

LOL Tay, then you will understand how painful it is for me to have a gf from Tyrone...oh well, we all have crosses to bear! Thanks for hooking me up.

Btw, guys can I post on the band voting threads here oir do I ned more experience?

Yep I do, I was there to visit my boyfriend's family at the time... back in my university days lol.

Go ahead and vote in the music threads... just jump right in.  :D

Sure seems that way Myst! :D

Welcome Felicur to our fantastic Org. I'm Nyn, the current Captain-General of the Archers. You seem to be inundated with Guinny, so here's a few new things to try. *hands over a mixture of flaming shots, Combat Cognac's and our Banner-General's own recipe, a Fantastically Explosive Drink*

Now Corki should be along at some point to give you the Official Spiel, so like the others I suggest strapping yourself down because it'll blow you away. Bridmorgan, our XO should also be PM'ing you with info on how to get started with your Raw Recruit schedule. Do visit the range, but please watch out for DL, she can be tricksome sometimes. ;D

Hi Nyn,

Great to meet you, and thanks for the drinks...a Irish guy could learn to love the place quite easily!!  ;)

Don't know how much free time I have today, but I'll pop in and look around tomorrow if I run outta time :)

Wow, I'm getting better at this!  Finally beat Corki to the punch!  Get to sit and watch the Official Speil!!  I see you've had some of the drinks that we have.  You'll eventually get some of that Cavalry swill called Bandy, but at least you've had some of my own creation, Combat Cognac!  Mmmmm goes down so smooth!  Like lava off a volcano!  But you haven't had the Original Band of the Red Hand Drink yet, at least I didn't see one offered.

*Ties the recruits arm back up and puts on a hat*

drinhatr.jpg

There, now you don't need an arm!! 

*Puts two Battle Brews in the hat and puts the straw in Felicur's mouth*

Now that that is taken care of, I myslef should introduce... um... myself to yourself.... uhhh, yeah!  I'm Deathdealer, but I'm also Footman or Footy.  Wait, I'm also Grim, Mr. Pink, Foo Foo.  Actually, I'll answer to anything.  It is a pleasure to meet you!  I truely hope that you decide to stick around as this is one of the bestesterest...ested...erest  Orgs here.  We've even got awards to prove it!  But the key thing is to find what tickles your fancy, or fancies your tickle.  We've got the Org Game to play on the off board site, we've got the Quest (please feel free to jump in whenever you want on that one), we have resturant and music, and travel, and concert reviews.  We have three (maybe soon to be four) different Regiments to choose from, we have our own monthly newspaper put together by my very own Bonded!  But most importantly (and I say this with all the sarcasm one may muster while typing), there's me!! HEY!  I think I'm important at least!  Without me, I wouldn't be here!

Welcome to the Best Org Evah, Felicur!!  Looks like you're going to fit right in!  :D  I'm Brid, XO of the Band.  Now what does that mean I bet you're wondering.  Well I'll tell ya.  It means I'm 3iC behind Corki and Tay and most importantly I'm in charge of Raw Recruits, which means you.  Isn't that the most exciting thing you've heards so far?  ;)  If you check your PMs you find a new one from me telling you what to do next.

Now let me get unofficial.  *flyingtacklehugs the Irishman* 

Ahem...sorry bout that.  Can't resist the accent.  ;)  Irish girl myself, just born on the wrong side of the Pond.  :D

Now hold on to your knickers...the official Spiel is a coming!!

Welcome to the Band Felicur!!  I'm DJ the Banner General of the Cavalry.  It's great to be seeing you here.  I hope you enjoy your time with us, and I'm sure you will because this is the best Org around!!  *hands a barrel of bandy* It's the best drink around except for M-G Brew.  I look forward to working with you during your week with the Cav!

LMAO folks...this irish guy has died and gone to heaven; drink, music, travelling, having fun, a bit of literature...what more would you need ina n ORG?

Seriously, guys, thanks for the warm welcome. Deathdealer, the hat was a great touch!!!  Muchly appreciated! :P

Looking forward to getting to know everyone during the different stages of my training and I hope I can do the ORD proud!

Cheers,

Felicur

LMAO folks...this irish guy has died and gone to heaven; drink, music, travelling, having fun, a bit of literature...what more would you need ina n ORG?

That's why it's the best org on DM!  :D

Glad you're loving us already ;)

Sorry about the delay in showing up! Blame living in the deepest, darkest depths of Wales where internet hasn't arrived yet. Okay, okay! I can't be too rude about Wales, but blame not being able to get to a computer with internet over the last few days. But I am counting the days down until I get back to London and good internet access.

So without further a-do, here is the Official Spiel. I hope you have strapped yourself in for a journey of a life time!

*official spiel*

Welcome Felicur! An email explaining important information about the Band is currently sitting in your inbox! Take a read! Also check your PMs too! ;)

Basically, the Band of the Red Hand is the Travel and Music ORG at DM! By signing up for the Band, you have joined the successful Raw Recruit Scheme. By signing up for the off board site, you will be able to experience the whole process to the maximum! The Executive Officer, BridMorgan will assign you to one of the three Regiments (Archers, Cavalry, Infantry) for a week, where you will be given various tasks to perform, hoping that you will get a picture of what time in each Regiment is like. After a week with each Regiment, you will be asked to pick your final choice of a Regiment.

While being a Raw Recruit, there is nothing stopping you from earning points like any other Band member. Points lead to promotion within the Band. Below is a list of possible ways to earn points:

- writing reviews on places to visit/holidays you have been on

- writing reviews on music albums and gigs

- writing restaurant reviews!

- replying to other people's reviews and asking questions

- composing Jak O' the Shadow verses

- getting articles published in our monthly newspaper, The Hornsounder

- posting in the monthly roll call in the Band's private boards here at DM

- any DM project we may have, which includes our Quote Project (speak to Amavia and Angyl)

- and much much more I cannot think of right now!

If you complete your time as a Raw Recruit within 3 to 4 weeks, you will get a special award (called the Raw Recruit Stripe) which you can add to your siggy as well!

While being a Raw Recruit, you get 3 free strikes. This enables you to break Band Law 3 times without being punished by the Redarms, the Band's very own police force. If they see any Law breaking, they will either drag you up for a trial or give you a fun spot fine to do (usually 100 lines of something witty). Channeling is a major no-no in the Band. As is spilling Battle Brew, our beloved drink! Once you have used up your 3 strikes, or join the Band's ranks officially, you will face the full force of Band Law like any other Bander does!

Of course, we are not all about working 24/7, as we do let our hair down now and then! We are famous for our bar brawls, which happen frequently!Keep an eye out for one! We also like jokes, tales, funny pictures - things that will make us laugh!

We also have many games - at DM, which can be found in the stickies, or the Lottery set up in our Dicing with Jak O' the Shadows board, which you will see once you have signed up for the private boards here at DM. There are also several games on the off board site as well! Also, take the lessons to learn our ORG Game, based on the luck of dice! You get the selected weapons of your Regiment, and can fight anyone in the Band! We'll give you a practise fight so you can get your bearing until you are ready to challenge a Bander. Also look out for our festivals of various games using the dice roller and ORG Game. There are many staff members for the Game who will be willing to help you out.

Once you have been added to the list for the private boards here, you will also be able to participate in our lottery game, which takes place in the Dicing With Jak O' the Shadows board. It is a lot of fun, and your winnings can buy you various goodies!

If you have a Facebook account, search for the group 'DM Band of the Red Hand'. Click to apply. Then PM/email Tay, Brid or I to say you've requested to join, and we'll accept it. I'm using Facebook as another way to communicate with Banders!

If I have left anything out (which I expect I have!), do not hesitate to ask questions! Someone will be able to answer them for you!

One last thing...

*hands Felicur a Marshal-General's Special Battle Brew*

CARAI AN SHEN AN CALHAR!!!!!

Archived