DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Traitors

Bob T Dwarf

I haven't seen much about those who are currently and actively betraying the Light.  Since I don't believe for a second that I've identified all of them, I hope others will add to my small start.

I'll start with Rand's attack on Rahvin.  At the time he makes his snap decision, only Asmodean, Moiraine, Egwene, Aviendha, and Mat are with him.  So far as the books tell us they are the only ones he tells about what he intends to do.  His orders regarding the Aiel are general.  He will be leaving.  He will take men, but no women.  That's it.

Yet, the next morning, when Nynaeve captures her, Moghedien knows exactly what Rand is up to.  How?

Asmodean is too terrified of what any of the Forsaken would do to him on sight to have been the traitor.

Moiraine goes to her room, both to prepare for her confrontation with Lanfear, and to write her two letters.  She didn't do it.

Mat foolishly blabs it to Melindhra, but then has to kill her before she can pass it on.  So the info didn't come from Mat.

Egwene returns to her room.  And stays there.  It wasn't her.

Aviendha, on-the-other-hand, declines to spend the evening with Egwene.

"I must tell Amys what I have promised to do tomorrow.  And I must be in Rand al'Thor's sleeping chamber when he comes."

So, Amys was the only outsider to learn of the plan.  She is also a Dreamwalker.  She could easily meet with Moggy and pass along information.  She is also the primary Wise One insisting on Egwene always being accompanied when she visits T'a'R.  Why?  To protect Egwene from the unseen pitfalls there?  Not likely.  Mollycoddling isn't really the Aiel way.  But, having her under wraps does insure that she won't stumble across anything she isn't supposed to see.

Conclusion:  For reasons unknown, but maybe having to do with trying to insure that Rhuarc's tribe is the 'remnant of a remnant,' Amys is Moggy's spy among the Aiel.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice catch Bob.  That would make sense because Ingtar became a darkfriend to save Sheinar, it would make sense that some wiseones would become darkfriends to ensure theirs are the 'remenant of the remananent'.  I dont know about Perrin but as far as I know the only viewing of a wiseone min has had was Melaine.

I really loved Amys ever since she was introduced. If she turns out to be a DF I might just scream.

Bob, you are making me scared to even touch AMOL. :'(

The eraser end of a pencil works pretty well for turning pages  ;)

Have you considered gloves?  :D

As much as Ingtar's 'outing' was shocking...for Amys to be a darkfriend would be beyond shocking... I won't say it's impossible because that is simply not true...but I do not want to believe it...

However, lets also consider that Moghedien is the best of the forsaken at hiding and watching the actions of others...she could have been hiding in plain sight around Cairhien...

However, lets also consider that Moghedien is the best of the forsaken at hiding and watching the actions of others...she could have been hiding in plain sight around Cairhien...

Or she could have been spying on the Wise Ones in TAR, and if Amys told someone in TAR, Moghedien could have heared it there and therefor know about the plan. I doubt Amys is a Darkfriend, and I would be truly dissapointed if she turned out to be one.

Or she could have been spying on the Wise Ones in TAR, and if Amys told someone in TAR, Moghedien could have heared it there and therefor know about the plan.

Moghedian mentioned something about how the Wise Ones dreams were warded but it was easy to break.

There could have been little green men from Mars, too, IF we're willing to indulge in enough idle speculation.

Let's stick to what the book tells us.  And, the book only mentions Aviendha telling Amys.

Gee, Bob, sorry to throw a wet blanket on your theory.  The book DOESN'T tell us that Avi only told Amys, only that she intended to tell Amys.  What actually happened is a mystery.  Maybe Avi didn't tell her at all...

In general, I'm in favor of leaving as many options open as possible.

But, when the author is kind enough to leave us a clear trail of bread-crumbs, it seems rather silly to fail to follow it to where it leads.  Especially on nothing but speculation that it might lead somewhere else.

This trail of breadcrumbs leads to ????  But, to be fair, your interpretation is the most logical that I can come up with.  And I wouldn't be upset if the Aiel had a major DF, even Amys;  the Wise Ones have been too goody-goody up to this point; too over confident in their own "rightness", whether they are with the Shaido or Rand.  IF she is a DF, I hope she gets her come-uppance from Egwene.

Or she could have been spying on the Wise Ones in TAR, and if Amys told someone in TAR, Moghedien could have heared it there and therefor know about the plan.

Moghedian mentioned something about how the Wise Ones dreams were warded but it was easy to break.

I dont remember moghedien talking about being able to break through anyone's dream ward...

And, I'm sorry if I seemed harsh.

I was just trying to demonstrate that since this is fantasy, technically anything is possible if you're willing to speculate creatively enough.  Even that the Creator, for reasons unknown, whispered it into Moggy's shell-like ear.

Archived