DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Whats going to happen to Fain?

billoumm7

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dreadlord

I very much doubt that Taim is Moridin simply because I doubt that the the One Power and the True Power can be used at once, whether or not it includes tied off weaves. And if Im right on this, then either Rand would recognise Moridin as Taim when he finally sees Moridins face clearly, OR Moridin had to have been channeling a disguise as well as balefire with the True Power at Shadar Logoth, which I cant see being the case.

I desperately want to believe Taim is himself. Just plain old Taim, a channeler who went to the Dark of his own will, fully in control of himself and 100% HIMSELF! I think he is great, and if he did turn out to be anyone other than himself or that he was turned to the Dark against his will I would be disapointed.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe so, but who is...

[move]

[glow=red,2,300]MORIDIN?[/glow][/move]

It's quite clear that Moridin is Lanfear reincarnated. We've never had mention of Moridin using saidin. Only the True Power. It's obvious Jordan is foreshadowing a Lanfear-Rand bodyswap.

Maybe so, but who is...

[move]

[glow=red,2,300]MORIDIN?[/glow][/move]

It's quite clear that Moridin is Lanfear reincarnated. We've never had mention of Moridin using saidin. Only the True Power. It's obvious Jordan is foreshadowing a Lanfear-Rand bodyswap.

I hope you said that Jokeing.....

LOL. That was just me doing my best imitation of some of the uninformed posts I've seen on these forums. Though I'm sure they were joking, when a few people resurrected the "Taim is Demandred" belief, I was reminded of how blind some people can be.

Well thats good to know :-)

Guest Dreadlord

UNQUOTE

YES!!! Thats why Moridin wants Rand alive...

O man I laughed out loud when I read that

1. In a subsequent interview to the one quoted, RJ said specifically "Taim is not Demandred."  He also said he was getting flustered and near to annoyed that people would not drop it.  Ever since Taim first showed up I assumed he was Forsaken.  Bashere did not immediately recognize him and Taim has to back-pedal.  "Oh, uh, I shaved my mustache."  When Rand first takes him to the farm he makes a comment about "so-called Aiel."  Who from this Age would refer to them so?  And, of course, at the end of KoD he is seen in his red and black palace in his red and black clothes.  So I thought Moridin was the answer.  The post about their different methodology doesn't really hold with me.  Yes, Moridin is subtle.  Ishmael was only ever half-trapped.  He was pulling strings for three thousand years.  I think he could force himself to act a character to mislead others, even those on his own side.  I am also willing to admit that perhaps Taim is just Taim, but a servant of Moridin, or under Compulsion.

2.  I don't think Verin is evil.  She's had too many opportunities to betray everyone.  On the journey to Tar Valon from Falme, she could have killed Mat, Elayne, and Nynaeve and stolen the Horn.  She almost poisoned Cadsuane,  until she learned what the other woman's motives were--to help Rand.  I think she just has access to information that no one else does, her 70-year project probably.

3.  Fain's power is not fading.  If you pick a poisonous flower and then kill the plant it grew from, does the flower cease to be poisonous?  Fain's influence over others is not any sort of psychological genius, he doesn't play the Great Game with people, reading their expressions, nudging them this way or that.  It's probably like a miasma that taints his touch and his words.  It causes those he's near to trust him, but distrust everyone else.  It worked on Hawkwing, and he was the strongest ta'veren until Rand.  The thing to remember about him is that the evil that killed Aridhol started as war against the Shadow.  In Fain's POV he even thinks about it, hating Rand for what was done to him, but also hating his more ancient enemy.  That must be the Dark One.  In Slayer's POV he mentions himself as a service for hire, most recently by the Forsaken, and currently to hunt down the rogue, Fain.  By the way, I think the final showdown with Slayer with either be with Lan, to avenge betrayed Malkier, or with Perrin or Elyas, possibly in the Wolf Dream.  I wouldn't be surprised if Fain even survives everything, to give a chance for a post TG spin-off, as was intended for several characters.

By the way, I think the final showdown with Slayer with either be with Lan, to avenge betrayed Malkier, or with Perrin or Elyas, possibly in the Wolf Dream.

I think Lan has a bit more honour than to seek revenge by killing someone who was just a kid at the time, and as such had nothing to do whatsoever with the fall of Malkier.

A fight between Slayer and Perrin...Only if the Shadow ordered Slayer to take out Perrin.

OK, perhaps not for Malkier.  But it is written that Slayer is trying to kill Lan.  He stepped out of T'A'R and knifed a man and woman in their sleep.  When he lit a lamp, he saw they were the wrong people.  He think that it is too bad, he would have liked to kill his nephew and the wench.  I assumed that meant Lan and Nynaeve. 

2.  I don't think Verin is evil.  She's had too many opportunities to betray everyone.  On the journey to Tar Valon from Falme, she could have killed Mat, Elayne, and Nynaeve and stolen the Horn.  She almost poisoned Cadsuane,  until she learned what the other woman's motives were--to help Rand.  I think she just has access to information that no one else does, her 70-year project probably.

This is OK as far as it goes. Verin has her own agenda, and it could very well include betraying the Light at TG.  As for her not taking the opportunities presented to her (Mat; the Horn; Caddy) - if her goal is to be trusted and on the inside at TG, they make sense.  Asmo had a good point, though, on a different thread about no POVs from characters that later were shown to be DFs.  I need to look through that, but my recollection agrees - so Verin may not be a DF.  She could still believe that something needs to be done at TG that doesn't agree with conventional wisdom, and could make her look like a DF - I just don't think all of the set-up for her as so mysterious could be a series long red herring.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dreadlord

THREAD RESURRECTION!!!

Does anyone know exactly when Fain became the renegade? Im on a reread, currently in the first quarter of TGH, and Fain seems to be still on with following orders from the Shadow, as near as I can tell. Slayer was sent to kill him later on, yet I can only vaguely remember Fain becoming a force of his own. Is it just Fain ignoring orders that named him renegade? And when was it?

• 2 months later...

i know this is a semi-old topic but i thought it's better to use this than to make a new one.

i have nothing to prove this or back it up rigth now, but i beliveve that Fain is with the borderlanders-army going south.

maybe he is even the one who got them to move in the first place using his powers of persuasion like he did when he got power with the whitecloaks and the cairhein-rebels

Archived