DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Will Siuan be stilled again and healed by a man?

I would really love it if Siuan is stilled voluntarily and then healed by a man. It would return her to her former strength and bring her back to a high level among the Aes Sedai who don't respect her at all now. She deserves that much at least.

But unfortunately I can't see this happening any time soon.

Thoughts?

I hope it happens, although i don't think stilling her again is necessary. Flinn could just replace the saidar woven weaves with saidin. What i really want is to see is a Elaida Vs Siuan (at full power) death match. Although it was stated by robert jordan, that even at full power, Elaida was slightly stronger then Siuan, but i guess not enough to matter in a duel. Maybe add in a fully restored Leane for the linking and overkill.

It would return her to her former strength.
What do you base that on?

It was mentioned somewhere, either in the books or in the forums that a stilled person can be restored to their former strength if a member of the opposite sex Heals them.

I hope it happens, although i don't think stilling her again is necessary. Flinn could just replace the saidar woven weaves with saidin.

I don't think that would work. When Nynaeve tried healing her, she noticed a gap that needed to be bridged. Since it has now been bridged, I don't think it can be reinforced with saidin or anything. I think the only possibility is stilling her again and re-healing her.

What i really want is to see is a Elaida Vs Siuan (at full power) death match.

Now, THAT would be awesome.

It would return her to her former strength.
What do you base that on?
It was mentioned somewhere, either in the books or in the forums that a stilled person can be restored to their former strength if a member of the opposite sex Heals them.
What we know: if someone is stilled then only someone of the opposite sex can fully Heal them. What we do not know: if someone already Healed and subsequently resevered and reHealed will go back to their initial strength or to the strength they were after the first time they were Healed. All we have is supposition.

Yes Ares, since Nynaeve was the first one ever to Heal stilling we likely have very little evidence (actually none at all) that re-stilling and re-healing would bring the person back to original strength.

But, I imagine stilling as something that severs you from the Source that creates a gap between yourself and the Source. When Nynaeve healed Siuan, she created a bridge over the gap but not as strongly as a man could. If this bridge is broken yet again, doesn;t it create the same original gap? Then woudln't a man have a high possibility of bridging it to the maximum and restoring former strength?

Just my idea....

I would really love it if Siuan is stilled voluntarily and then healed by a man. It would return her to her former strength...

Actually, I don't think it would.

Flinn could just replace the saidar woven weaves with saidin.

Think of a broken limb. When it sets wrong, you can't just reset it. You have to rebreak it first. Problem is, once you injure the limb a second time, you still run the risk of it rehealing the same way it healed before.

As stated elsewhere, Healing by the opposite sex completely Heals the stilling/gentling. Personally, I feel that if the severed individual is attuned to one particular half of the OP, the same sex wielding the same half would be TOO CLOSE to the individual's original attunement to effectively Heal. It's like if you get wounded in battle. When you sew the damaged tissue together, it's going to scar. However, if you cut the tissue BACK from the wound, you'll still probably scar, but a lot less. Similarly, I think using the OPPOSITE half of the OP "cuts the wound back" so as to Heal it properly.

My thoughts...

I don't think Siuan would be a good Keeper. Her administrational skills aside, her fingers would itch to much if placed (officially) so close to the reigns of power. As an unofficial advisor she does great.

Personally i think Tarna will end up as Egwene's Keeper. The woman is clearly capable, and it would go a long way to reconsolidating the Red Ajah back into the fold--a task that is going to be difficult enough as it is between Elaida's actions, Logain and oh yeah, their entire purpose for existing being a bit irrelevant now.

As for stilling and re-healing--i think its unlikely, but it could go either way. There is little evidence suggestive or otherwise to put it forward.

I always thought somewhat along the lines of what balefire said.  I think there is still something left to heal with the male half of the one power.  I don't think it is anyting Nyn can see, but I think if a male channeler good at healing tried to heal Siuan she would be restored to her former strength or close to it.  I am not sure what effect that time has on this idea.  I think if it was done right away, it would have worked better, but how does time effect it?  There are things in the book that lead me to believe that time does not matter if the healer is really good.  It is mentioned that Semi could still have removed one of the other Foresaken' scars, even after all this time. 

I just hope we get a chance to see a male channeler try or even to look at Siuan.  Then we would know for sure.  I too would like to see her returned to her full strength. 

A stronger Siuan would be better in terms of TG.

But, maybe Jordan had in mind Siuan and Leane being pointers to a way in which intellect and character begin acquiring enough prestige and influence to push mankind forward.

After all, using mere strength in OP to determine who gets to decide everything hasn't served very well up to now.

It was mentioned somewhere, either in the books or in the forums that a stilled person can be restored to their former strength if a member of the opposite sex Heals them. (says rand member)

It was never said straight out that opposite sex heals.... It has just happened like that every where but no one has seemed to put that together in the Wot... ie, Nyneave --> heals logain.. (full strength) she then heals S/Leane and they are at... could we say half strength? anyways not as much. And then Flinn heals the two stilled sisters and they are put to full strength. So every example is opposite sex heals fully. BUT for all we know guys healing guys might even work to full stregnth. based on the evidence i show here it would lean towards no... but that hasnt happened so we cant assume that guys healing guys wont work cause it might!

Ya bob agreed.,

I would really like to see Siuan with her full powers again. The Coup in the Tower was the most shocking moment in the whole series for me. I was looking at the Tower as the Heart of Randland and the absolute throne of power. Siuan being deposed so rapidly sent my brain spinning. I was vainly clinging to hope over the next chapter hoping that something would happen to kick Elaida's butt out of the A.Seat but alas nothing........yet.

RJ stated specifically that restoring a Stilled person of the same sex recuperates only a fraction of their power, while restoring one of the opposite sex brings them back to full power. Nynaeve's analysis on what she is doing while healing Logain makes sense in that context.

But I don't see Siuan being stilled again, no matter what. Probably Egwene will rip apart the standings and customs so strength in the Power won't matter much, since she is set to put the Tower straight. That's just my guess though.

I was just thinking on the fact that although Siuan and Leane were both stilled and then re-healed by Nynaeve, only Siuan is ever described as looking like a girl. Wonder if it has something simply to do with the ultra-womanly/seductive way Leane goes about carrying herself now which would make it hard to think of a young girl when looking at her...?

I was just thinking on the fact that although Siuan and Leane were both stilled and then re-healed by Nynaeve, only Siuan is ever described as looking like a girl. Wonder if it has something simply to do with the ultra-womanly/seductive way Leane goes about carrying herself now which would make it hard to think of a young girl when looking at her...?

Beind still causes you to revert to the age you would have been, yet still leaves you with some aspect of the agelessness--as per Samitsu's thoughts on Sashelle. Siuan would revert to around 25, Leane to around 27--and the remaining remnants of the agelessness would doubtless given them a doll-like effect, making them seem younger still--Siuan a girl, and Leane--well yes, likely the way she acts does play in on that.

This probably isn't relevant at all, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Nynaeve healed Logain, who had been gentled by women, and Siuan and Leane, who had been stilled by women.

Flinn healed three Aes Sedai who had been stilled by Rand.

We haven't yet seen any example of women Healing people severed by men, nor of men Healing people severed by women.

A good observation, but I might add that the number of people we've seen Stilled and restored is extremely limited, so we can't really draw any serious conclusions from this. It's unlikely that it influences anything though - it's too late for something like that to come into play now, at any rate.

RJ stated in his blog that a person must be healed by someone of the opposite sex to be fully restore--a woman must be healed by a man, or a man by a woman. A man healed by a man would be weakened in the same way the Siuan and Leane were.

Archived