DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

favorite element?

lord of the dawn

Good point, but maybe its not necessarily nothingness but rather the absence of Spirit.  One could call it Death, I suppose....

In a world full of balance for the pattern to work, everything has an equal opposite.  Or does it?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see Death is the separation of body and spirit.  When you die, your body still sticks around for a bit before decaying.  Whatever your concept of "Spirit" is, there must be an opposite for it to exist in the Pattern for it to be balanced.

What would be the opposite of Spirit?

Yup. The opposite of Spirit would be physical, kind of how one's astral body is balanced against their physical one.

In simple terms, it's how the world balances out against TAR.

-----

Favorite element is Air for me, though Spirit would be better to prevent you all from Breaking something <.<;;

Right, and I'm just a simple gleeman.  You all have powers that are far beyond anything I could understand, of course.  Please, ignore the ramblings of this weary showman.....the suggestion of a sixth element in opposition is not only preposterous, but could bring the White Tower breathing down my....forgive me.

*Smokes pipe and knuckles mustaches.*

*Breathes down Myndrunner's .... * ... you called ?  ;D

Maybe Spirit is the pivot around which the other 4 elements revolve? An equal meeting ground for Saidin and Saidar, perhaps?

Ah, now you both are talking way over this poor ol gleeman's head.  Those bloody Forsaken use a power that I couldn't possibly understand. 

*takes a deep puff on his pipe, seemingly lost in thought....*

Suppose, for a moment, that the wheel is neither good nor evil, just balanced.  It couldn't have the White Tower by itself so it spit out some ta'veren and then soon....voila! An equal yet opposite Black Tower is created.  Perhaps, this same reasoning could be done in regards to the elements.....*takes another puff*

....I'm only saying that perhaps the absence of an element, or in this case, the absence of Spirit, could be an element in its own right.  Spirit has been used as much by the Forsaken for dark purposes as you Asha'Man and the Aes Sedai used for the light.  An anti-spirit element, or black element if you will, could be used as much for good as for evil; so, one who channels a weave using such an element does not become a Darkfriend, or a Chosen for doing so.  It is the intention of the weave that makes them so. 

There is so much more to learn once you all start channeling with this sixth element!

*looks around and grins, then takes another puff on his pipe*

I do say, my friends, this Two Rivers Tabac is good stuff! 

Yes Demi, that is the Power of which I speak.

Mr. Gleeman, if you notice the spokes on wheels, it is possible to have a wheel with an odd number of spokes, as long as they are spaced evenly to distribute the balance of weight.

Archived