DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who's here and blooming in APRIL!!!

twinflower

I'm here!

It's hard to pick just one flower but one of my favorites is the kind that grows in a HUGE bush right outside my bedroom . . . the camellia.

I'm having trouble finding camellia photos that will link here.  *sigh*  I have 2 types in my yard.  The big camellia bush has red double flowered camellias that I just LOVE.  The other 2 have a beautiful pink camellias but aren't a double bloom.

Let's try this one: 

camellia.jpg

I did find a photo for a favorite that goes way back to my childhood: the blue cornflower. 

2333117908_a8dfd62f4e.jpg?v=0

You know...*smiles and just glows*  Lor may have you all as her garden..but I'm claiming y'all as my bouquet!!!

and now because I just can't resist a little bit about the Linnea flower:

LinneaTwinflower.jpglinnea-3.jpg

A small woodland flower, the Linnea Borealis, commonly called “Twin Flower”. This flower is often hidden on the woodland floor of Northern forests. It’s also often hard to find but well worth to search. The twin, petite, pink bells dangle over a carpet of round green leaves that hug the forest floor. It is also the name of the national flower of Sweden, a small pink mountain flower that in English is known as the "twinflower".

*grins*  and yes I am a real life Linnea!!  But my truely favorite flower is:

shastadaisy.jpg

CalaLily5_L.jpg

This is a Calla Lilly. They're my favorite, even if they're primarily used for funerals and weddings. LOL I wanted a bouquet of them for my wedding day, but I had a very antique-styled dress and these were just TOO modern next to it. *sighs* So beautiful...

*grins* and yeah, some of you are in my garden. I need some new plants for some of you newbies who've shown up since the last time I did a planting. *grins*

Archived