DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

1st Iron Man Review

Emperor

Awesome from a geek perspective, not awesome as the movie goes. But the post-credits scene was a HUGE geek tease. Almost made up for teasing us with War Machine and then not following through.

Hulk apparently has more input from Ed Norton, given that he took the script home for the weekend and rewrote the whole damn thing.

And let it be known that Spider-Man 3 sucked as hard as it did precisely because of Marvel's input. If Avi Arad had kept his nose out of it, there would have been no Venom or Gwen Stacy to waste space in that movie. Granted I'd rather have had Venom than Sandman, but that's neither here nor there.

Yeah, it's friggin sweet. And the end is mostly a teaser for geeks. Nothing really special for those who don't understand. Oh, and staying for that teaser was hard, I really had to pee by that time and there was like 5 minutes worth of credits. :P

Alright... lets rank comic book adapations. 

1. Batman Begins

2. Superman

3. The Crow

4. Batman

5. Spiderman

6. 300

7. Iron Man

8. Xmen

9. Sin City

10. Blade

I only place Batman Begins above everything because I find myself watching it EVERY time it is on TV.  Superman is a classic and sometimes forgotten when talking about comic book movies.  The Crow is one of my favs for some reason.  I think Spiderman had better character development than Iron Man.

• Community Administrator

I would rank your list slightly differently, but at least we agree on #1.

2. Iron Man

3. X-Men

4. Spiderman

5. Sin City

6. The Crow

7. 300

8. Superman

9. Blade

10. Batman

I saw Iron Man on Saturday, and overall I liked it quite a bit.

Cons - The beginning was kind of slow for a non-comic buff who had no idea where the story was eventually going to go. Gwenyth was boring. The middle-eastern bad guy was overdramatically evil in a way that did not work for me.

Pros - Once it got started, it was lots of fun. The action sequences were good, and the scene where he takes the final suit out for a spin while on the phone with his army buddy was exciting and had just the right touch of comedy.

• 3 weeks later...

Well whatever it is you are pointing out....I don't see it...It doesn't look like Caps shield to me.

Saw this last Saturday.  Enjoyed it alot.  It was very interesting to see Bridges in that role...lol.  I didn't read a lot of Iron Man growing up so I wasn't familiar with Pepper Potts.  But I, and my wife, thouroughly enjoyed the movie....we didn't stay though...what exactly did I miss?  A teaser trailer? 

• Community Administrator

Tony Stark was approached by Roland Cox, I mean Agent Coulson of S.H.I.E.L.D, and I believe he was inviting Tony Stark to the Avengers, I don't really know I never was into those lines of comics, but I do know that Captain America, and Thor are involved..

Archived