DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How did you discover the WoT series?

No bookstores or recommendations for me! I was looking on the internet for fantasy pictures and I found the pictures of Nynaeve and Egwene on a site. I looked at the site and I saw it was with powers and places and all of the fantasy-stuff so I decided to read one. Haven't stopped since then, haven't read anything else since then (almost 2 years ago)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got into the series with New Spring about two years ago. It actually took a while for me to like the book though. I'm pretty sure i bought it in february or march of that year and didn't get past chapter two until i found myself stuck in a van for 16 hours in june. since then i've read to crown of swords (finished it last night)and started the path of daggers today.

Well I was on some form of holiday at the time a few years ago, I'm pretty sure it was a camping trip in Queensland. Anyway, it was raining so me and my parents dropped into the nearest interesting looking shop, a used bookshop. I found it all a bit uninspiring until Mum picked out The Eye of the World and showed it to me. I grudgingly agreed to buy it (can't be enthusiastic about their suggestions :twisted: ) even though the shop owner said they were good up until book four. I loved it. :) Currently on yet another re-read on the series.

My younger brother got me started on WoT sometime around 2001 or 2002 when I took a year off from college. I didn't have many friends still in the area so I spent a lot of time reading in the evenings after work. I'd already read LotR + Hobbit, The Magic of Xanth, The Blue Adept trilogy, and both of Eddings' trilogies and was looking for something else to read in that genre. My brother handed me tEofW and I've never looked back. The funny thing is, I am now an avid WoT fan and he stopped reading them after LoC, he says there's too much politics in them for him now.

For those of you looking for something to read until the next WoT book comes out, I highly recommend Piers Anthony, esp. his Magic of Xanth books (the first 8 or 9 of them anyways) and the Blue Adept trilogy. Not nearly as complex as WoT, but I found them to be extremely amusing and entertaining.

Guest cwestervelt

Sometime between the release of The Shadow Rising and The Fires of Heaven I had the series recommended to me by a librarian.

She had noticed a couple of the other books I had read, and thought I'd find them interesting. She was even nice enough to let me take The Fires of Heaven with me on a 4 week vacation shortly after it came out even though there was a fair amount of demand for the book. It wasn't much after that I went back and purchased my own copies. Since the release of Lord of Chaos I have been buying them as soon as they are released.

My siblings have been reading this book ever since they were in the 7th grade. they told me never to read it, that it would ruin my life forever, but that is always a good reason to read a book, I started end of January (2006) and have just finished (beginning of june 2006)this is my favorite series in the whole wide world-but the 8th book was preaty boring.

I was in 8th grade a while ago and one of my friends stole the books randomly from the traveling bookstore for the sake of just stealing something in 8th grade. I thought they looked good so i went and bought them and Im glad of my friends random choice to steal them.

After reading LoTR, Rot3K and Dune for about 10th time each (well, 2nd for Rot3k :) ), I was searching for a new series back in 2000. I buy Legend at the library for the Stephane King's Pistolero storie but when i read Jordan "New Spring", i got completly hooked by Lan Mandragoran character. I then read the first 3 books in french (my native language) but when i discovered that they made two releases in french for each release in english AND that the french translation were about 10 years behind (i think they just release the last half of Fire of Heaven), i ordered all the book in english from Amazon.

I believe I was in 8th grade, so it must have been in '92/'93, when I was in a book store buying a Dragonlance novel or a Death Gate Cycle novel, when I saw a slender book for free. It was the a portion of the WoT and ended as the group was entering Shadar Logoth. I've been an addict ever since. Any good therapists available?

I remember, the summer of 1990, after my son was born.

I was an extremely voracious reader until 6th grade when I got bored with school and quit reading. Then after meeting my husband in college, I started reading some of his books lying around. I read jean Auel's seris and I was so enthralled, I started reading everything.

Fast forward to summer of 1990, I had just finished Plains of Passage by Jean Auel. We were in the book store looking for something else to read, and this older man started talking to us. He looked like Santa on vacation. He suggested Robert Jordan. We bought tEotW, and it turned out to be a pretty good series. Fortunately I continue to find better books to read than what I first picked up.

i worked at a nasa base as a satellite flight controller and found i had untold hours to spend reading anything i wanted. my favorite genre is sci-fi fantasy and i have a small library already. i decided to go to the public library and read their books for a while and in the winter of 91-92 i ran across EOTW and got hooked. i started buying the hardbacks as soon as they came out 5 books ago and own all of them, as well as other series.

i read orson scott card's mormon flavored alvin maker series in between releases as well as the christian sci-fi series left behind.

i mentioned this somewhere before...what we are currently reading should be spin off tales from the original WOT series. i don't know how rj can sustain it this long and the writing has suffered at points because of this. i am reading the 10th book again currently and it is an example. was there a ghostwriter? the first 5 books told the story and this book is what could be the 7th age and how the AS have endured. gunsmoke wasn't on this long. :lol:

i am sure rj himself would have liked to end this a few years ago. however, it is celebrity and money in the bank.

by chance in the library at school when i was 13. so about 8 years ago now. read the first three, then my library didnt have any more of the books. then i forgot it, until 4 years later... i'm embarrased to say it, but i dont actually own all the books :oops: i have 2,3,5,7,8,9,10 and 11 and i have "misplaced" my LoC and New Spring.. cant find them anywhere... i really have to buy them again soon.. and 1 and 4.

when i was in 7th grade (94-95) i had a huge crush on a girl with whom i would often discuss Xanth novels. right before the finals i saw that she had started reading eotw. the next year we had lost contact and a friend of mine turned me onto WOT and after seeing the cover of eotw i realized that this was the book my crush had been reading at the end of last year. i never got got to talk to her about it, but i have spent the past decade reading WOT and am worn down waiting for the final book. I thought TDR, LoC, PoD, about half of winter's heart, and CoT were boring and many parts were probably unneccesary. my favorites are TSR, CoS, and KoD.

last year it was liek a week b4 harry potter 6 was comin out and my mom really wanted me to get a book so i asked a dude at mycnally and he said tht he really liked WoT so i was just like sigh thinkin tht id trash it in 2 days but i got into it som much i put off harry potter till end of july lol

im right now on tFoH and i really am tired of it though (my mind always starts to drift places other thts in the story and i end up readin the same page 4 times b4 i get it) so i took a break and started readin eldest lol

im comin back to it though

Gawd, it had to have been like, 6 years ago or something like that a guy my dad worked with found out i was into fantasy books and he loaned me the EotW and I read it, it took me a month because of school, but once school let out, it took me 3 days to read it. I went out, bought the rest and finished them before summer was over. since then, one every release, i reread the series. I'm currently re-reading again to read big number 11! :D oh, and i read the first prequal. I've had to buy two replacements for book one because i've read it so many times! :D

I bought EotW sometime in 2002 or 2003, because I'd heard good things about the series. I was on my way to my high school graduation (2003) when I first picked it up to read it. In the car with me was a friend who had read the series and was urging me to give it a try. She started flipping through the book, and ended up on page 400-something. She told me that that was where you really started getting into it. And I just...really couldn't imagine reading 400 pages of something that I wasn't "into." I did give it a try, but it didn't grab me.

Blasphemy, I know. Please forgive me.

Then, a few months ago, I was at my parents's house for winter break. I was looking around my room for reading material, and found EotW and the first book of His Dark Materials, neither of which I had read yet. I picked up EotW and was hooked immediately. I don't know what happened back in 2003. Anyway, it took me until the beginning of this month to finish the series (with NS stuck in after book 7)...and here I am :D

Well i used to hate to read about 2 years ago, so my mom got me a book to read, witch was WoT for chritmas. I didnt start reading it until like 2 or 3 months later, but when i finished i had to had to!!!!!!! get the next book. That coming from someone who hated reading means the book is really good. That is why i am now here after 2 years of reading and surfing i finally found this place.

And i am so glad that i did.^_^_^

A friend of mine said it was a great book, long, long time ago. By the time, it was very hard to find it here in Brazil, and i didn't want to borrow it from my friend, cause the book was so damaged that it would surelly fall apart while in my possession and I would be in deep, deep trouble.

So, I was not able to read it. After that, i completely forgot about WoT, till some day, 5 or 6 years ago, I found it on the "foreign" part on a bookstore. I remembered and bought it. The next I saw, I was totally addicted to the series...

Archived