DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Love as thou wilt!

I think I must be the only person in this world who absolutely did *not* like these books. I found them long, boring and the main character drove me nuts. So yeah.. I read the first book, got about half-way through the second and that was all I could manage.

I know this is an old topic but I just now got to it LOL. Maria I sorta agree with you. I liked the books but I didn't care to much for the main character. I did LOVE her love interest can't think of his name though starts with J. *laughs* Anyway he made the books interesting enough for me to read two of them and after that I lost intrest. Now i'm to busy with school to pick up much more then my textbooks.

Well Tessa LOL I thought she was almost one dimensional. Okay I know that sounds weird but she never really broke out of what her character was and did. Now the guy she was with was all over the place he left his orders behind so he could be with her since he loved her so much. He was also her bodygaurd and did what he had to. I don't know she just didn't really connect to me. In the first one pretty much all she wanted (till she slept with the one guy in the cold wilderness) was to sleep around to me that just kinda wasn't what I wanted to read in a book. I wanted her to be more and she wasn't. Does that make sense? LOL

Phedre doesn't really come out of her shell until the second book IMO. She is fleshed out a lot more in that book, and even more in the 3rd (which I'm currently reading). The second two books definitely draw me more than the first one did in regards to her.

• 4 weeks later...

This series is like my favorite series of all times. I loved it so much in fact, the couple, that I haven't and probably won't get up the courage to read the Imriel series... I just can't pull myself away from the other two.

The third book was so good that I cried throughout the whole thing... Not entirely, but almost!

• 5 weeks later...

I just went out and bought Kushiel's Chosen, Kushiel's Avatar, Kushiel's Scion, and Kushiel's Justice.  Now I don't have to wait to get each one after I finished reading it like I had to with Kushiel's Dart.  My last day of school is today!!!!  So I'm reading over the summer...

This will probably be my next series to read once I finish yet another re-read of Kristen Britain's Green Rider series, which is a fantastic read, in my eyes. Go and read it if you haven't done so already. Then I need to find Confessor, as well as the two remaining books in Trudi Canavan's The Black Magician Trilogy...

It looks like my summer reading list is laid out nicely in front of me!  8)

I actually liked the Imri trilogy (the second one) more than the Phèdre trilogy, much for the reasons mentioned above. Imri is so -human- in those books, and you can see how he grows and feels and is very unperfect. :D Of course, I can't wait for the last book, which I should get sometime during the next week! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived