DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

2007 Movie Tournament Round 1 (Battle 5 - Page 4)

Emperor

Hi Seanchaners.. and those that pass by and haven't pulled the trigger on joining yet... I am bringing sexy back... or well.. the popular Versus competition.  For those of you new to this game, I will post two movies and you reply with a vote on which one you like better... or think has better looking actors... or has a better title.. really whatever tickles your fancy when voting.  The goal when it is all said and done is that we will choose the best movie from the list of possibles I pick from 2007.  Anyone can contribute, argue and vote.  Please bold your votes though. 

Got it?  Alright... lets get this competition started.

Edit: During this first round, feel free to suggest movies as well.  I may or may not choose them to compete depending on how much I like you *g*.

Winners: The Bourne Ultimatum, Sweeney Todd, Hot Fuzz, Juno, No Country For Old Men

Losers: Live Free or Die Hard, Transformers, Knocked Up, Atonement, 3:10 to Yuma

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmmm... I liked both. I prefer Bruce and the Die Hard franchise to Matt and the Bourne franchise, but this Die Hard had the Mac guy, who I think is a complete tool. However, when we went to see Bourne Ultimatum, I was stuck next to my friend's coworker that asked me out three times after I told him I wasN'T interested, and was slightly uncomfortable for a lot of the movie. This curtailed my enjoyment, and therefore I'm going to vote for Die Hard 4, because I had more fun watching it.

I'll have to go with Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, cause compared to transformers, it seems far more 'orginal'.

And definately not for the same reason as maj.

That is just because Johnny is way out of your league ;D

Guest Far Dareis Mai

I'll vote Sweeney Todd, though the Transformers get an honorable mention for being cute and stuff. ;)

First of all, a lot of you aren't bolding your answers and I expect that bastardry to halt this instant.  

And I grew up in the Transformers era so that movie was probably my favorite of all 07'.

It had Prime, Starscream, and that girl was smokin' hot.  Am I the only one who caught that?  I mean possibly the most attractive girl in a movie all year long.  And the kid with the funny name Shia, or whatever.  I find his manic brand of humor hilarious.

JD,

I'll throw in my vote for Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. I saw both movies, and while I wasn't overly impressed with it, it beats Transformers by leaps and bounds.

Did anybody see the musical?  Of Sweeney Todd, not Transformers.

Although, that'd be an interesting thought, I could just imagine the lyrical soliloquy Megatron gives when he first appears.

Archived