DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How long did each book take YOU?

I am on book five and it took me about six months. Don't get me wrong I love the series it is just that I don't have much time. But you guys tell me how long it took all of you to get through them. A book a week? Or a book a month? Longer less let me know. If I had more time then I would read them all day long if i could, would you?

I had had these books sitting around for about two years, as I purchased them on the advice of a friend when I saw the first 9 books on sale for $60 (Canadian dollars). I had some cash saved up and was about to move so I quit my job the month before I moved so I could get out camping with friends before I left. I decided to start reading them two nights after and , well by the time I moved I had purchased book 10 and was halfway through it. It probably took me 5 1/2 weeks to finish books 1-11 and the prequel. But I had the time, I probably read 16hrs a day til I was finished.

It always takes me about 3 weeks to read each one. Writing my own book and raising kids doesn't leave the spare time I used to have.

The first time I read EOTW, I think it took like 3 days. Couldn't put it down...but that was a long time ago.  :)

adbanner.jpg

Guest Dreadlord

What kind of book are you writing, Dragon21? I want to write a fantasy myself, I have drawn a lot of inspiration from RJ

If I have classes or something it'll take me about a week or week and a half to finish one book. I try to read 100 pages today on average.

Now if it's over Winter Break and I don't have anything to do I can finish a book in 2 days.

What kind of book are you writing, Dragon21? I want to write a fantasy myself, I have drawn a lot of inspiration from RJ

My book is also a fantasy. Should be released in the next couple of months actually. I have samples in the scribes chapter house, and I see that you have requested to join us today. Look forward to reading your stuff when you post. We offer helpful critiques there.

adbanner.jpg

Just out of curiosity, all of you who say you read every book in 2 or 3 days.....you must be young, and don't have jobs right, or at least live on your own, with no families to take care of?

:)

I could never read a 800-1,000 page book in 2 or 3 days anymore (only when I was young and didn't have all these responsibilities)  ;D

Of course, I still consider myself somewhat young, only 29.

It's Goo here, WOW took most of you guys only a week or less per book !!!!!! Man never would of thought. I still in HIgh school though and can only Really read on the weekend so about a month or more for me per book. I'm gonna start reading some more and try and finish the series by May or sooner. Probably later though...

I hate TV so instead of doing that at night when most people are watching prime time I'm reading or on the internet. Plus if I get really into a book then on the weekend I can read for 8 in the morning till my eyes just won't stay open (usually around 3-5 am). Having said that, I'm also a really slow reader. So it will generally take me 3-7 days depending on what I've got going on and if I start or finish it on a weekend.

I'm also a slow reader, but an avid one. Probably the fastest I've ever read a book was the last Harry Potter. I got through that one in a weekend, but it was because I was going to go back to work with a bunch of kids that I know would have ruined it for me if I didn't get it read.

The other problem I have is I read more than one book at a time. Right now I'm reading a action/thriller at my first job. A fantasy to and from work (Bus or walking) Usually a different one at my second job then the same one to and from work when I get home.

I would guess I read a Wheel of Time book in closer to a month.

1st time I read through it took me about 3 months but I was in school i couldnt read as fast as i normally do cause i ahd to make sure the teacher didn't catch me. and i had to wait a few weeks for CoT to become available in the library. That being said when i first read the books i also basically read every waking moment and ignored school and homework and stayed up till 1 a.m. reading though and I was in 8th grade so i didnt really have alot of responsabilities to take care of.

Each individual book really depends on what's happening, who the main characters are. Books with lots of Rand, or Mat, I can speed through because i love them. Perrin and Elayne, not so fast. I only read in the evenings and any other spare time, I dont have time during the day, at work.

Reading the entire series has been affected by the spaces between books, and other commitments.

For example on my first read I read 1-6. Then book 7 came out so i read 1-7, then book 8 came out and i read 5-8, then book 9 and I read it standalone. Book 10 i tried to read standalone but couldnt remember the characters. so I waited for 11 and then, when I thought i was about a year off 12, started reading from 1. How that backfired!! I'm on 10 now, and have been reading since about July, but changed jobs in October - in my previous job i would read at lunchtime and got through 1-5 in about 3 months.

then my cousin was going to throw away the first 4,

Did you kill him for this transgression? Haha,joking. I usually give the first three or four away to people who enjoy fantasy and have never read these books. I've probably given away the first books 5 times, currently I do not have the first four for this very reason.

I got started on the books in early January and read the first two books over two months (Jan. and Feb.) Then I read a book every week, to week and a half until I was finished (around mid May).  Towards the end I was sitting in bed every night and reading by lamp for 3 or so hours every night.  Ironically aside from New Spring I read the Shadow Rising the fastest even though it is if I remember correctly the longest, but two eight hour car rides in a week helped.  New Spring was easy and only took me two and a half days.  I envy you Bob T. Dwarf.

Started LoC on my birthday last year finished in 1 mo.  Same for CoS, PoD, WH and Xroads.  Before that, I know I finished Fires of Heaven memorial day weekend, but can't 'member when I started.  I think all the ones earlier took longer than a month, but last year i adopted a heavy read everywhere plan.  I am never w/out a book in my pocket (I guess that makes me a Loial reader...) and usually read while eating.

Archived