DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How long did each book take YOU?

• 3 months later...

I started during summer vacation when I was 14.  I read one every two days until I had to wait impatiently for the hardback of PoD.  I re-read the series at least once a year.  My EotW, TGH, and TDR are all held together with rubber bands.  Sniff.

My budget is fairly limited. I didn't have the cash to buy all 11 books and once I started, I couldn't stop. Hence I was forced to read the story on the comp. Had to download the story which is pretty much illegal I guess and an insult to RJ too. I am presently in the process of buying the books one by one. So far I have Books 4, 5 and 11 as actual books and hope to complete the collection by the end of the year.

:'(

1 day each now, though I guess it took about a week on the first read through of them all. When I read something I usually devote a whole day to it, and I already read fast, I'd knock down 100 pages in an hour or so. Ah the benefits of skipping everything Perin related now. ;D

While I can read a book in 2 days, usually starting it one day and finishing it the next, I didn't have enough consecutive free time to read all of the books that fast. I read books 2, 3, and 4 all inside of a week (total for the three books) because I was sick and in bed and had nothing else to do anyway.  I started reading the series (I've only read it once) in mid February of this year and I finished in mid May, so it was 11 books in three months, so that's about a book per week.  But there were faster books and slower books.  The last book took two weeks all on its own, a week of it without me reading at all, because I didn't want to be done reading.  Once I finished that book there wouldn't be any more story to read and I was postponing the end.

I think if I tried to reread all the books in succession I could probably do it in two months, but then I'd not spend any time online for those two months and my laundry would get backed up. :D  For reference sake, I'm 26 and a stay at home mother of three kids, age 7, 4, and 2.  Which leaves me less free time than you might think since I don't have a "job".

Archived