DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

30 shows you'd bring back from the grave

Mendorah

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20176618,00.html

Discuss.

OMG! I can't believe someone nominated Kindred the Embraced! I LOVED that show!!! It was so cheesey and rather badly acted in parts, though. C. Thomas Howell, wow he was terrible! But 3 (wait, maybe 4) Whedon-verse actors had roles on the show. It was unfortunate why they cancelled, but I can see the reasoning. How could you just Re-Cast the prince? Seriously.

I would have loved one more season of Angel, but I don't know if it cold have stayed fresh for much longer after that. I'm happy with David Boreanaz on Bones.

My So Called Life. Wow. yeah, that was a shocker to be cancelled.

There's a lot of these shows I never saw. Some I never heard of.

Any additions, other than Firefly which is an Obvious and I'm sad it didn't get mentioned!

EDIT: changed link to first slide

I just put Kindred in my netflix queue as I have never heard of it except in passing.

My So Called Life, Wonderfalls, AR, Brimstone, Carnivale, Drive and ROME are the ones I can get behind.  I loved Brimstone as a kid.  Wonderfalls deserved better. 

• Community Administrator

1. Quantum Leap

2. Journeyman

3. Dead Like Me

4. Married with Children

5. Star Trek: The Next Generation, or DS9, or Even Voyager.

6. Gargoyles (hey its not a tv series, but rather a 'cartoon' but its better then half the shit on tv today! ;) )

Thats all I can think of right now... Though, I wouldn't mind seeing

7. W*A*L*T*E*R on tv. "W*A*L*T*E*R, was the spin-off of the tv series, M*A*S*H, involving the further expliots of Walter O'Riely, or RADAR. ;)

Oh, I could put,

8. Fire Fly

9. Eearth 2

10. yadda yadda yadda

On the list, but I haven't really seen the orginal firefly series, so I can't say whether it should come back, but now that I think about it.

11. Farscape Defiantely should come back. :P

Have seen all, would have liked more of:

Freaks & Geeks

Rome

Veronica Mars

Wonderfalls

Have seen some, don't care much about:

Angel

Early Edition

Carnivale

Once & Again

Have NOT seen much, would like to see more of:

Drive

My So-Called Life

Arrested Development

Have NOT seen, never paid attention:

Popular

Farscape

Jake 2.0

Gideon's Crossing

Joan of Arcadia

Jack & Bobby

Never even heard of:

Sports Night

Grosse Pointe

Covington Cross

Eyes

Brimstone

Skin

Boomtown

Kitchen Confidential

Century City

Max Headroom

Homefront

Reunion

Kindred

Rome

Firefly  (a must)

Family Guy, at least they listened on that one

Veronica Mars, even if the show's quality was dropping off

I wouldn't have minded another season or two of 4400

I haven't seen it all yet, but Wonderfalls makes my list. *Thanks Luckers*

TNG had a full run, but I could use a new Star Trek fix.  Enterprise does NOT count.

Daria  is it possible to crush on an animated character?

Farscape is another I wouldn't mind seeing more of

I liked seaQuest when I was younger, but that may have been naivete.

Sliders, though in fairness I haven't seen the last season.

Threshold  that show had some serious promise.  Grrr.

thanks SD I forgot about Earth 2, I'm adding that to my queue.

I've recently watched all the episodes of Sliders Tenshin, You can watch them online, so if you don't want to go through the wait time on the disks, thats an option.

But, I'm torn about the final season...

They replaced, Quin, and his Brother on the last season! (Mind you, Quins brother just arrived on the scene!)

So the last Season only has Rembrandt, (The black singing guy) and Meggie (who's been on board for like 2 seasons prior to that).

Really, the last season was a bit of a disapointment. They only 'sorta' finished the plot line involving the other female who got dropped off, and in someways, that was awesome, and in another, disapointing, and the 'ending' was very... shall we say.. Unfinished?

In some ways, as a fan of sliders, i'm glad I 'finished' the series, yet I'm disapointed by the last seasons... suckiness...

As for Earth 2. The show had MAJOR POTENTIAL. However, i'll warn you now, a few episodes are out of place, and, the final episode, is like a GIGANTIC cliff hanger, that feels like they just cut the show's funding there, and never picked it up again. :( Its literally like they cut it, mid season.

Guest Far Dareis Mai

I really enjoyed Kitchen Confidential, so I was bummed when they canceled it.

My So Called Life was right when I was in middle school-ish, so I was obsessed with that show.

Angel needed at least a sixth season, I feel like it got robbed, though I liked Buffy better. :P

Firefly was robbed, so sad it wasn't mentioned.

Totally agree with Daria--I watched it nonstop. 

Arrested Development, Freaks and Geeks, Joan of Arcadia were all shows I enjoyed, but would watch other shows before them.

I liked seaQuest when I was younger, but that may have been naivete.

LOL, I watched SeaQuest, but it was because Jonathan Brandis was HOT. ;)

*loves on Sin for Gargoyles*

*loves on Tenshin for Daria*

*loves on Whitestar for both!*  :D

Gargoyles is semi-back, though, in comic book form. Likewise for Buffy and Angel, courtesy of Joss Whedon and Brian K Vaughan. All official continuations of their respective canons. It's good to be a geek!  ;D

*loves on Sin for Gargoyles*

*loves on Tenshin for Daria*

*loves on Whitestar for both!*  :D

Gargoyles is semi-back, though, in comic book form. Likewise for Buffy and Angel, courtesy of Joss Whedon and Brian K Vaughan. All official continuations of their respective canons. It's good to be a geek!  ;D

Wait.. Wait.. wait...

Your telling me, someone actually made a comic book of gargoyles, that was actually Cannon?! Last I heard they were all 'non-canon' and nearly as bad as the last season of Gargoyles, which is considered by most fans, noncanon. ;) (btw, if you saw the last season of Gargoyles, Does Lisa not act and even look like, The princess in Aladin, specially with that hair flopping thingy she does with her hand? I can't fathum who let the aladdin team animate Gargoyoles! :P)

Yeah, series creator Greg Weisman has been writing a canonical season 3 to take the place of The Goliath Chronicles. We're waiting on issue 8 now. You should go out right now and buy every issue you can find so that SLG can afford to keep putting it out. Tell your neighbors!

Yeah, series creator Greg Weisman has been writing a canonical season 3 to take the place of The Goliath Chronicles. We're waiting on issue 8 now. You should go out right now and buy every issue you can find so that SLG can afford to keep putting it out. Tell your neighbors!

But... But..

If I start reading comics, I'll start buying/downloading comics/magna, and then my free time that is already very tiny and filled with 20000 games, and 200000 anime, is going to get even tinier! I'll... have so little time! Comics is a very dangerous slippery slope! Next thing you know, I'll be watching the hard stuff, called soap operas. :P

I just put Kindred in my netflix queue as I have never heard of it except in passing.

Empy, I can't remember whether you liked Moonlight or not.  They are very similar in that they had HUGE potential to be great Vampire themed shows, but several times the acting just Failed.  I still enjoyed it, though.

ok so i know theres a lot of hard core sci fi people out there, dose anyone els miss babalon 5? i also agree that there needs to be a new star trek, enterprize sucks and its the only on unlss you want to stay up till 2 am when voyeger comes on.

Well, Enterprise is actually on Sci-Fi Channel Every monday, it even had an all day, Sunday Marathon.. (I'm not sure if they are continuing there enterprise on sci-fi or not.. I vaguely heard something about them dropping it after its 20th replay...

Anyways, if you were talking about Voyager, well, that comes on Spike Tv It hink, 3 times every day. (for 2 hours, 2, 1 hour episodes in a row.)

I believe it initially comes on around 1pm, and then again like 1 or 2am. The AM one is either episodes played during the PM earlier in the day, or the pm the next day.

I kinda liked Early Edition, but I wouldn't revive it, because Kyle Chandler is bad ass on Friday Night Lights. I'd like to see more Arrested Development and Rome. I used to watch Popular when I was a kid and it was alright, but I doubt I'd like it if I watched it again now. Kitchen Confidential is on TV over here now, and it seems kinda funny. Too bad it got cancelled. I did not like Joan of Arcadia at all. Shoo!

I also would like to know what the hell happened to those Black Donnellys.

Firstly, Enterprise is NOT star trek.  It just happens to use the races and technology from star trek. ;) 

Secondly, I suspect the new Star Trek movie will serve as a gauge for the level of interest in a new series, in a generations era.

Is Moonlight that new one with the two vampires, and the blond chick?  I just remember the snarkier vampire being from Veronica Mars.

reyler, there's something magical about seeing Michelle Pfifer as cat woman as I read about being loved on.  :P

Firstly, Enterprise is NOT star trek.  It just happens to use the races and technology from star trek. ;) 

Just because it butchers canon, the very concept of star trek, and you lose interest in it a little after that 'time travel people came back to destroy everyone' arc...

ok so i know theres a lot of hard core sci fi people out there, dose anyone els miss babalon 5? i also agree that there needs to be a new star trek, enterprize sucks and its the only on unlss you want to stay up till 2 am when voyeger comes on.

I also miss B5, though it had a good run and told a complete story so I wouldn't be upset if it never came back.  Actually if Season 5 and the "Lost Tales" are any indication, I'm glad they stopped where they did.

Archived