DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Grammar Police

Zyrshnikashnu

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I was just goofing around. Didn't really mean anything by it, just saw that and found it a tad amusing.

Sorry fae if you felt I was attacking the way you say stuff. I wasn't. I was, as I said, just goofing around. If it bothers you so much, I'll just go stick a needle in my eye. How's that sound?

Though if you want proof of it, I will require a ketchup packet and a photographer.

And nope, I'm not a member. I was at one point. I just post in topics I like.

ah huh

She didn't offend me and I don't care if she was offended by the thread.

She needed to take it up with whoever referred her to the thread, not with the entire org.

On that note, the use of "irregardless" as a word friggin' KILLS me!  It's not a word and, if it was, it would be redundant.

The phrase "Free Gift" also chaps my hide.  If it wasn't FREE then it wouldn't be a GIFT.  >:(  It would be a PURCHASE!

"Drownded" is an unbelievable example of grammar that kills.  I don't know where the extra d comes from.

"Boughten"?  Seriously? 

Anyhow, there's just too many to bother with.  Talking about this is enough to make me start twitching.

I chuckle at the Americans for thinking they are special by changing out letters.

'We say the words the way they sound'

Oh, really? Do you now? Where the hell did the 'i' go in Aluminium?

Color? Of course. Please say that word how it's spelt. I chuckle at your inadequacy. I really do.

But anyway, back to the general course of this thread. Move to England. There's a whole different horde of them other here. Just spend a day watching tv and you'll notice some ditzy Essex lass spewing out all sorts of grammatical misdemeanors for you to abhor.

However, on the same note, stop being so foolish. The English language is constantly changing and evolving. What's to say that this isn't just an evolution? Just because you consider yourself so far above those who make said mistakes in intellect makes you no better. 'Proper' English doesn't exist. In England there are so many different vernaculars despite the small size of the country. I dare not think of the vastness of it across the pond. Words are born. Words die. Phrases are born. Phrases die. What we consider mistakes will eventually be considered standard English.

End of.

Archived