DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fall 2009

Saidar

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having never heard of this writer, my one and only hope is that he can keep the flavor of RJ in the last book.  I hope they burn the notes about who killed Asmodean* evil laugh*.  Come on, anticipation?  They do not need to release the prologue to keep people interested. 

Welcome to the boards Shoulderthumper!!

I only started reading WoT a year ago in august. I still remember my dad say I should read tEotW so I could tell him if he should buy the whole serie (we were able to get the whole serie pretty cheap). So I started reading and I remember the that I didn't understand a thing about LLT and I thought it would be a boring book but then the Trollok attack came and it got interesting. So I told my dad to buy them  :)

So since august I've been reading one book a month and now I'm waiting... I'm rereading them all and probably I'll be rereading them a second time until aMoL is released.

My wow moments:

tEotW: Trollok attack, a Fade appearing infront of him in the inn (name?), the fight of the Green Man, the fight of Rand against Ba'alzamon,...

TGH: the attack in Fal Dara, the Machin Shin part in Cairhein, the fight against the Seanchans,...

Wow, I'm a newbie compared to all of you...only started reading them this year in March or May. One of those two.

I think my favorite moment was when Nynaeve went to the Malkieri people and said "My husband rides from World's End toward Tarwin's Gap, toward Tarmon Gai'don. Will he ride alone?" and then after she leaves they all start shouting "The Golden Crane flies for Tarmon Gai'don!" I actually cried at that, and that's the first time EVER when reading a book. :'( I also like the part when Tuon completes the marriage and Mat just stands there gaping for ages. That just made me laugh cos I could imagine it so well. :D

I started reading WOT in 2000 the summer after I graduated from high school.  I thought it was a trilogy or maybe 4 books!  At that time there were only 8 of them out so I re-read as I waited. All told I have re-read the entire thing at least 6 times.  My favorite scene is when Rand busts out of the box practically wuivering with rage.  Those Aes Sedai are lucky he did not still every last one of them! 

BTW I already know who killed Asmodean.  It was Graendel without listing the reasons why let me just say out of all the forsaken (the only ones who would produce such a fearful response from asmodean) she is the only one who expresses with certainty that Asmodean is dead.  Everyone else is either told by the Dark One (Demandred) or speculates that he is hiding. 

I'm almost the newest here! I started reading them the summer KoD came out. I can't remember the actual year, just that I was worried about having to wait for the next book, only o find it on the Library self.

My WOW moments are anywhere that a character goes through an intense emotion. It just all seems more real then. The example that sticks out most is when Perrin find out his whole family is dead. I always cry along with him. and I'm not afraid to admit it!

Quote:

[i think my favorite moment was when Nynaeve went to the Malkieri people and said "My husband rides from World's End toward Tarwin's Gap, toward Tarmon Gai'don. Will he ride alone?" and then after she leaves they all start shouting "The Golden Crane flies for Tarmon Gai'don!" I actually cried at that, and that's the first time EVER when reading a book.][/i]

That's definately my favorite scene. And I also shed a few tears.

Was introduced to the series in 1998 been a fan ever since.

Good scene from TSR

Urien steps out from the rocks and then calmly stands his ground with three Shienaran lances coming straight for him.  Ingtar shouts halt to the lancers but Urien doesn't move except to nonchalantly wave the dust away from his face. 

I can always picture those events in my head.

I started reading in December 1990 while on break from college, a couple of months after TEoTW was published.

Started reading in like 1996 or 1997--I don't remember...I was pretty young and it took me forever to finish them (but I loved every minute of it...well, mostly).

Biggest wow moment--definitely Mat saving Elayne from the Ghloam (spelling? lol).  I still think about that scene randomly sometimes (weird I know) -- and I think "Wow, that's awesome."

I also love the Gawyn/Egwene parts. haha

I know Brandon knows who killed Asmodean!  No fair!!!  So, I'm guessing we get to find out.

Began reading the series ~1993. I actually started with tDR. Read about 3-4 chapters and stopped until I could get books #1&2. I preordered the hardcover editions until aCoS. By that time the series was progressing at a glacial pace and I ran out of patience. I lost interest in the series for awhile and picked it up again after CoT paperback edition was published. I'm very pleased to find out that the final book will be published and I can put this series to rest.

The scene which has always affected me the most is Rand, Lanfear and Moiraine at the Cairhien dockside battle. The aftermath when Rand reads her letter and then is immediately confronted by Sulin breaking her spears to force him to relent and take the Maidens with him to fight Rahvin. I've always believed that this series of events began his transformation into the fatalistic, pseudo hard-hearted, unrelenting jackass he's become. This was Jordan at his very best.

Guest Dreadlord

my fave WOT moments...

The battle with the seanchan. Rand: "You cannot strike at me! I am the Dragon Reborn!" Lews Therin: "You cannot defeat me! I am the Lord of the Morning!"

When Rand kills Rahvin with balefire, bringing Mat, Avi & Asmo back to life.

The cleansing! The first time we saw Demandred in action, if only briefly. He still should have killed some people though.

Finding out Dashiva was Osan'gar, and learning that the forsaken were being reincarnated.

All of the Great Hunt. Id say that that book was prob my fav overall because the ta'verens begin to build themselves up, and fain is the main bad guy for a while. Fain is a smart bad guy.

This series is a work of art

Well I started reading the series about 5-6 years ago and have re-read it maybe 7 times since. I am filled with happiness knowing that the series will have an end.

My favorite scenes are as follows...

Thom saving Rand and Mat from the Mythdrral(sp)early in the series, I forget the name of the town.

Rand's fight(more like a chase really) with Asmo. He channels weaves unseen for hundreds of years without even thinking, I think thats where you can see LTTs influence a lot more.

When Rand gives permission for Narishima to go and collect Callandor(I was thinking good job moron first Dashiva now...) alas I was wrong and its good to see Rand trusts someone who for all terms and purposes isnt crazy like every other companion of Rand.

• 1 month later...
Guest Dreadlord

Another of my favourite scenes is when Mat is fighting the Shaido and he is planning for a confrontation with Coualadin. He tells his officers (I cant remember which now) to get the men to shout "Protect the lord Dragon!" in an attempt to enrage Coualadin and lure him to attack.

And also when Mat begins to have the ideas for war such as the repeating crossbow and what should end up being the cannon

Guest Blood Requiem

I started the series in 2003.  Parts that really stick out to me are severing the tie between Mat and the SL dagger and Rand breaking through the Aes'Sedai illusion in Caemlyn.

Guest leebarr

for me about '98. my fav scene is Nyn going to the borderlands and getting Lan an army. up until this point i hated Nyn now she not so bad

1999 for me, I'm pretty sure.  It could have been early 2000, though.  I got PoD in paperback but WH in hardback.  It was after I moved to California in 1998, but before I got married in December 2000. 

Favorite scenes are the pretty typical, big climatic ones.  Choeden Kal, Dumai's Wells, Rahvin balefired in Camelyn, etc.  I also enjoy any scene with Galina being tortured, because hey, she deserves it.  I also enjoyed Perrin's coming of age in the Battle of the Two Rivers.  It was good to revisit the minor characters and extras from the beginning of the series.

1996. Read through Books 1-6 in paperback and 7 in hardcover and enjoyed them all. Then waited for PoD and nearly gave up on the series, but grimly held on through the Bad Years until Knife of Dreams restored some of my lost faith. I'm now pretty interested to see what happens in the final book.

Favourite scenes? "Kneel, or you will be knelt." And the Seanchan fleet sailing into Ebou Dar's harbour and Mat's reaction, which can be basically summed up as "F***!" And then a wall drops on him.

Hello everyone, im new to posting but i have been reading these forums for a long while.

i started reading WOT in 2002 and have read the books once a year since.

As for the favorites moments:

a) Moiraine's Manetheren speech

b) As If the World Were Fog (Tuon's POV)

c) Semirhage's tortur POV

d) Mat escaping from Tar Valon with Thom. It was good to finally see Mat's character developping on his own.

e)Mat's bargain with the Sea Folks

f)Perrin saving the two rivers and unwillingly becoming Lord (all that substory)

same for Mat's part with the Band of the Red Hand's creation

Guest Dreadlord

Yeah its a good bit that, where Logains face doesnt change but he starts hammering the shield she has in place, while denying being Healed. Its a good scene that one

Archived