DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Brandon Sanderson will finish AMoL

Lord_Naryb

Still, I think certain things (like a wind emmerging somewhere {and not being The Beginning} and blowing over, around, and through a few of the more important POV charecters in the first few chapters, and Mr. Jordan's surprisingly mild {yet picturesque} vocabulary of expelatives) would be nice touches.

I agree completely.

Just a quick note to thank you all for your good wishes.  I just wanted to let you know that I have now seen the notes, and while I can't say anything specific without breaking my NDA, I will say that the notes are in far better shape than I had expected.  Mr. Jordan's staff are very skilled, and they have complied an outline for me that goes scene-by-scene.  After reading through it, I'm confident we can produce a book that Mr. Jordan would have been pleased with.

I am very glad to hear that. I think everybody is wishing you good luck here at Dragonmount. And they're probably also hoping you'll slip up and say who killed Asmodean at some point, too. I would like to hear if the ending was just outlined or actually written, though I imagine you'll tell us in an interview fairly soon.

You've got a lot of pressure due to this legacy of Robert Jordan's that you'll be completing, and all of the fans waiting with bated breath for the final book. I'd just like to say that, and I think I speak for most people in saying, if you need to take longer than fall of 2009 to write it the best you can we'll be fine waiting.

Good luck. And just imagine how much this'll be increasing your sales, so many people are going to get one of your books to see how your writing style differs, and just for a good read from someone they now know of.

Having read this thread, your stories and the interview, I've been left with nothing if not a good feeling for how the book will turn out. I'll also be going to the store tomorrow to see about getting the Misborn books. Your sample chapter's have me hooked.

I definatly agree with Barm. I don't have any reservations about you writing the book. I can't think of anyone that could do it better.

I'm glad to hear that the beginning and ending scenes were both completed, or at least very close to completion. I know that I, for one, will be looking for when his writing ends and yours begins, though not critically.

I definatly agree with Barm. I don't have any reservations about you writing the book. I can't think of anyone that could do it better.

I'm glad to hear that the beginning and ending scenes were both completed, or at least very close to completion. I know that I, for one, will be looking for when his writing ends and yours begins, though not critically.

You may know that I do bonus material for all of my books.  I like to do annotations which work like the director's commentary you might find on a DVD.  However, with this book, I don't know that I'll feel comfortable doing that same kind of commentary.  It's not my book; it belongs to Mr. Jordan. 

So, if I'm allowed, I'm thinking my bonus material for this book will bet to release on my website a chapter-by-chapter discussion of what Mr. Jordan left me, and how I chose to adapt it.  That way, readers like yourself can search the novel and find the parts Mr. Jordan wrote and see the last pieces of writing by the Master himself.

It will be up to Tor to approve something like that, however, and it probably wouldn’t come out until the paperback is released.

That would be very interesting. I'm sure I'm not the only person that wonders just what type of information is in his notes, as well as the depth of detail and just how much you'll be able to get guidance from them, as well as how much you'll have to do filling in the holes from one event to another. I hope that you will get approval from Tor for that.

How fantastic is this...Brandon Sanderson posting in the forums.

Thank you so much, Brandon, for all your insight into the project already. Good luck, I have a feeling you will do a super job.

Just remember...lots of "blood and bloody ashes" from Mat please. ;D

Not to mention braid tugging and at least a scene devoted to Bela the Wonder Horse (I know he really killed Asmodean)  :-X .

I'm glad to ehar that you are a Perrin fan. He is one of my favorite characters mainly because I can see my wife and I in the Perrin/Faile relationship. So do Perrin proud!

"Good luck. And just imagine how much this'll be increasing your sales, so many people are going to get one of your books to see how your writing style differs, and just for a good read from someone they now know of."

I definatley agree. I already went out and bought two of his books. i also have great faith that if harriet hand picked him he is the right man for th job and will do RJ proud.

Not to mention braid tugging and at least a scene devoted to Bela the Wonder Horse (I know he really killed Asmodean)  :-X .

I'm glad to ehar that you are a Perrin fan. He is one of my favorite characters mainly because I can see my wife and I in the Perrin/Faile relationship. So do Perrin proud!

Does your wife know this?

As to Bela and Perrin: I wouldn't mind if half the book was made up of their scenes :D

I am sad that it took until now for me to finally join these forums. To be quite honest, the name Brandon Sanderson didn't ring a bell for me until I read in the press release that you (he - the grammar here depends upon who I am speaking to, haha) had written Elantris. And that's when I remembered who you were and that I had picked up an auto-graphed copy of that book from the B&N in Jordan Landing in Utah.

At first I was a little skeptical, as I'm sure most fans were at hearing that the monumental task of finishing the WoT series was handed to another author. But after reading the press release as well as the interview conducted by Dragonmount, I am not as worried as I was. In fact, I am not worried at all. I am so happy to hear that the task has been handed to someone who enjoys and cherishes the books as much as we all do. I'm sure you will do wonderfully and I have the utmost faith in Harriet's decision to have you finish the book.

And if I must say so...never before have I been so proud to live in Utah as I am now. >.> (I am not yet used to the snow.  :'()

So, I just wanted to say good luck and I look forward to reading the final book when it is published.

-Sora: The character not many remember >.>

Archived