• Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

Next week will consist of;

Fantastic 4/Silver Surfer

I am Legend

Stardust

We're finishing out the Office

and maybe 1408

Silver Surfer.... I am just glad you have some other good movies on that list *g*

I agree, that movie blew, hard. ;)

I'm getting the movie Namesake later today, It looked really interesting.. saw it on the 'trailers' on the movie Once. :P

Well, I ended up making another pass in Netflix "New Releases" and added another couple dozen titles. My list is now 277. If I don't add any more, and keep a good, quick average turnover of 3 DVDs a week, I'll get through the list in a bit under two years.

Well, I ended up making another pass in Netflix "New Releases" and added another couple dozen titles. My list is now 277. If I don't add any more, and keep a good, quick average turnover of 3 DVDs a week, I'll get through the list in a bit under two years.

LOL, I only have like 20 things on my list, over half are on a VERY LONG WAIT time (VERY ANNOYING since those have been on there for... 3 months!)

Jelly I gave Torchwood a really good chance... the first 3-4 episodes... before I finally gave up on it. 

If Netflix would deliver when they say they would I would be doing about 3-4 a month.  But the last few times it has been several days after their expected arrival date.  So the turn around is usually 5 days which is crazy! 

Jelly I gave Torchwood a really good chance... the first 3-4 episodes... before I finally gave up on it. 

If Netflix would deliver when they say they would I would be doing about 3-4 a month.  But the last few times it has been several days after their expected arrival date.  So the turn around is usually 5 days which is crazy! 

On movies that aren't new releases, I can ussually recieve the movie, within 2 days after them recieving my previous movie.

Meaning, if I send in a movie on Wednesday, they will recieve, and ship out my next movie on Thursday, and recieve and watch it Friday Night.

I can recieve a maximum potential of 6 movies a week, if I don't have a list full of extremely long waits... If they are all 'available now' I get a maximum of 6. If they are long waits, and I have nothing I want to see thats available now, then I'm lookin at a 3 to 0 movies per week.... I've been in a bit of a dry spell lately, as like I said, I only have 20 movies on my list, and half of them are on a very long waiting list.... I added about 10 movies recently (half I know are really, really bad) but they were avialable... go figure... ;).

Sunshine.... one of those little talked about movies of 2007 with a pretty good cast.  It has that woman from Memoirs of a Geisha and CDHD, ummm.... that girl from the Rage in Placcid Lake and starred that guy from 28 Days Later.  Yep, I don't know their names but I had fun placing their faces.  It was also directed by the guy that did Trainspotting and 28 Days Later. 

Did I like it?  Yes.... I wish Netflix had half stars.  I hate deciding between 3 or 4 stars all the time.  I am pretty stingy with my stars, so I would give it 3 stars. 

My Rankings:

1 Star - Sucked... hated it Norbit style

2 Stars - It had a redeemable quality, but Ghost Rider still sucked

3 Stars - I enjoyed it.  I might recommend it.  Most of my movies fall here.

4 Stars - This movie will be recommended.  I liked it a lot but probably never need to see it again.  Juno, TWBB, Michael Clayton, Rage in Placcid Lake

5 Stars - Must Own.  Will watch over and over again.  Shawshank, Once, NCFOM, Godfather, etc. 

So anyway... it is a Sci Fi thriller.  It pulled in Yveva as she wasn't really interested in a movie.  By the end, she had dropped the computer and was watching it with me. 

Hey what is up with the Netflix friend feature?  Does anyone use it?

I've had that movie on my netflix queue forever. and I've YET to get it... its on my 'very long waiting list'.

<-- is sad.

Btw, I first saw previews of it, on the movie, The Fountain, which I believe had the same director. ;)

No no... the fountain was by Antonof... or something... *goes to look*...Darren Aronofsky .  I was close. 

Funny... Sunshine was on my now list.  Actually almost everything on my list is now and I have very few things on a wait list.

No no... the fountain was by Antonof... or something... *goes to look*...Darren Aronofsky .  I was close. 

Funny... Sunshine was on my now list.  Actually almost everything on my list is now and I have very few things on a wait list.

How long ago did you put it on your list? I've had that movie on there for MONTHS, at least since october...

*edit*

I just realized, why my waiting lists suck...

I have it set up, to automatically put the Bluray Version of the movie, on my list, and right now, I have 15 movies that are all BD. Apparently netflix only has like, 1 copy of them, between like, 1000 people. ;)

Oh that makes sense.  Yeah I watch it on a regular DVD.

Saddly, I have to watch the movies on my queue on BD, as they are supposed to be grahpically awesome movies...

Though, I don't know if I want to see Saw IV in HD. ;)

so i fuiger it costs about te same ammount for me to rent a movie as to buy it previwed so i have about 400 movies on my shelf.  that said i just got a cuple of new ones.

larry the cable guy helth inspector.  ok it wasent quit as bad as i thought it would be, relly,,, ok maby it was, but oh well for 5 bucks im not going to complain to much. i would give it 2 stars by empys scale

v for vendetta.  loved it. remember remember the fivth of november.  i loved how you never see V's face.  i also thought it a verry good comentary not ony on where our country may be going but a messege of hope that even if i gos there that all it takes is a few brave people to save the rest of us. iwould give it three and a halve stars

hitchhikers guid to the galexy.  my mom recumended it, so i shouldent have been to surprised to fall asleep in it. from wat i saw it was kinda intresting, but i probly wont even go back and watch it to see what i missed.

still to watch, end of the spear, ive head a lot of good things about thismovie, just need time to pu tit in and watch it.

With end of the spear, my father in law was somehow connected to the family who went down there.  I think it was through school or some religious group.

Hitchikers' guide was pretty darn good IMO, but I just was glad to actually see some of DA's sight gags. 

I found V for vendetta to be 2 parts 1984 and one part Star Wars.  It made for great popcorn munching, but was a bit over stated.

All this geek talk has put me in the mood for a two day marathon, I'm thinking either LotR or Star Wars.

Oh and we just saw Stardust.  A++  Whimsical, dramatic, funny at the right times, and wtf is up Robert De Niro.  I'll never be able to keep a straight face with Taxi Driver again.

Did anyone see Little Miss Sunshine? Watched it again last night and it always puts a smile to my face. Hehe.  ;)

I tried to watch I am Legend. Just not good with scary movies, and I had doubts about it when I went in. I think I lasted pretty long before having to go. Maybe someday I'll be able to watch it all the way through.

:-\ ...and yes I am Legend was scary to me - saddens me too. I thought the movie had a really good story.

The more I hear about Little Miss Sunshine, the less interested I get in seeing it.

But then, I am usually not a big fan of feelgood-flicks.

I don't think feelgood is really the best way to describe it.  :-X To me its more like, "Hah thats life." I'll shush anyways.

Archived