DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter (...everyone dies) *SPOILERS*

loki redfern

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it would take me weeks to read the book because I have a lot of test lately, but somehow I finished it in less then a week!

It was a good book. I am glad I was right about snape. It just wouldn't have felt right for him to be evil, he just didn't act liked that.

What worries me is that when they make the movies they would cut most of snape's and Dumbledore's background stories to make time for the battle scenes.

about the death toll, it was necessary to make the fight 'real' although I don't understand what Colin Creevey was doing there since as a Muggle born he was suppose to be arrested or something like that, long before the battle.

You know, that's a good point. The Creevy brothers were muggle born.  How did they get to Hogwarts in the first place?  I knew there was something bothering me about that.  Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong though, but didn't Harry ask him that, and Ginny said that he snuck in when the DA message went out?

Another good question pertaining to the final battle.  The plan was to shuttle all the students to the Hog's Head and then let them evacuate from there.  All well and good for any of the kids who've actually managed to get their apparition licenses, but what about the majority of the kids left?  There couldn't have been enough adults to do side-along Apparition for all those kids and still get back in time for the battle.

I'm pretty sure that, altho I think that it said apparation, that it said something about the floo net too... :-\ maybe..And the only way JKR would let them do the movies is if they followed closely enought to her books (she said this in her interview...). So I think that atleast Snapes memories will make it in, if not all the stuff that makes Dumbledore look bad..... That was a bad way to say that.. :-\

I thought it would take me weeks to read the book because I have a lot of test lately, but somehow I finished it in less then a week!

It was a good book. I am glad I was right about snape. It just wouldn't have felt right for him to be evil, he just didn't act liked that.

What worries me is that when they make the movies they would cut most of snape's and Dumbledore's background stories to make time for the battle scenes.

about the death toll, it was necessary to make the fight 'real' although I don't understand what Colin Creevey was doing there since as a Muggle born he was suppose to be arrested or something like that, long before the battle.

When they make the movie they better cut out all the moving around and camping from place to place, that would make plenty of room for the Dumbledore/Snape background story.

OMG, I can't say how much I loved this book! But there are a few things I wanted to say. First, the two deaths that didn't surprise me were Lupin and Wormtail. I was sad when Lupin died, but not surprised. I've known ever since the 5th book that they would die because Sirius(I still hate JKR for killing him) and James were already dead and I kind of guessed that all of the 4 friends would end up dead.

The deaths that really got to me were Tonks, Fred, Dobby, Snape, and Ariana, even though we only heard ever heard about her. It saddened me that Tonks died with Lupin, I didn't want them both to die! I was in tears when Fred died, because of what it did to George and Percy. Poor George, because he just lost the closest person to him. As for Percy, I felt so bad because they had just put the past behind them and *bam* Fred dies. I was so touched when Percy broke down over Fred's body, it shows that he cared about the brother who had always annoyed him after all. Dobby's death touched me because he died doing the thing that was important to him: helping Harry. I felt so bad about Ariana's death, but I felt even worse about the effect it had on her brothers. As for Snape, I take back everything I said about him being evil. I was sobbing during "The Prince's Tale" :'(. When I went back and reread "The Silver Doe" it made sense and it touched me. I nearly started crying again when it said that Harry named his son Albus Severus and it said that he looked exactly like Harry and had Lily's eyes.

Neville and Molly Weasley rocked! I was cheering both of them on. I was so satisfied when it said that Bellatrix had the same look on her face that Sirius did when he died. I had a few moments when I burst out laughing, and those included Fred and George's ear jokes, the way Sirius had decorated his bedroom, and when Ron punched Malfoy.

I never wanted Malfoy to die, as he is one of my favorite characters, and I was so happy when it described how his parents were looking for him, then how they all got back together at the end.

Finally, HA to everyone who knows me! Ever since I read book 6, I've been telling everyone that R.A.B. was Regulus and that the locket in the drawing room was the Horcrux, but nobody believed me. When I read the sign on Regulus's bedroom door, I started jumping up and down on my bed, yelling "Ha, take that! I was right! In your faces!"

I knew right away who RAB was, but I totally overlooked the locket in the drawing room.  Even when I reread the books after reading book 6 for the first time I still never connected that particular dot. I'm kind of ashamed of myself. :(

Bcxanth, don't feel bad about the locket. I'm just kind of weird in that when I read books I just make random connections. I knew about the locket, but until I read "The Prince's Tale", I didn't have the slightest inkling that Snape was in love with Lily, and lots of people spotted that in book 5. I thought that somebody other than James might be in love with Lily, but I never would have guessed Snape!

I forgot to say this in my last post, but I wanted to slap Harry at 2 points in this book. He was such an idiot! >:( He had a hold of the locket in book five and he tossed it away. I wanted to slap him in book 6 when they first realized that the locket was a Horcrux, because then I immediately remembered that there had been a locket that they couldn't open in Grimmauld Place and I just knew that was where it is. When I realized that the diadem was the tiara he had put on a statue in the Room of Requirement, I wanted to slap Harry and yell "You freaking idiot!!!"

I'm rather pleased with the way JKR did the deaths and the way the characters were forced to react.  Weather she knows from personal experience, or not, she hit the nail on the head.  Just like the bit in TSR with Perrin, having to care for the living.  The only person that could be mourned was Dobby, the rest were dying in the midst of something bigger than any one person.  Some people break down (Percy), and others kept their heads, and moved on.  When I first read the story, I was upset that there wasn't more closing after the battle, but now realize it would have been funerals and grieving. 

Jumping ahead 19 years was a brilliant move.  Not knowing what Harry does for a living (not until the interview I watched) wasn't a big thing for me.  Harry was happy.  He was married to the woman he loved and had three kids!  That I can relate to.  My job isn't what is important, it isn't my life, my wife and kids are.  Harry did alright at the end there.  He did just fine.

i think ultimatley he was kinda good, but he fellin with the wrong crowd , but i think a common theme in the end was that those who cared about people, not like bellatrix for voldy cos that was power lust mainly, but like narssisa(sp) for her son and snape for harry, were the ones that saved the day. and even if snape did start of bad his love for lily, and then his caring about harry at the end made him good, and being good really isnst what side your on but the deeds you do really

and how much does mrs weasly rock..wow

i dont really think that snape cared about harry, i think he would've felt bad if he didnt cause it waws his fault that lily and james died, so he pretty much made the dissision (stupid words...grrr) that snowballed into so much ciniving,(again... drat...grr) and i know that he loved lily so he wouldve let her down if he didnt protect harry.

snape: oh! theyre dead?

dumbledore: yes severus. but their son survived.

snape: crud now i feelbad and have to protect the kid who i will not like in the future grrr *grumble mumble sob*

Question: what does Ginny do? Harry and Ron are Aurors, Hermione is in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, Neville is a professor, Luna is Luna, and Ginny ...?

I'll have to find the article online again, but I'm pretty sure that she doesn't say what Ginny ends up doing.  Personally I envision that she became a part of the Hollyhead Harpies all-female Quidditch team.

Archived