DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Where is Demandred?

Leafburner

I sort of like the idea that Demandred isn't revealed, but reveals himself. Remember rj assertion about the situation of the light. If all the forsaken simply get discovered and forced out or whatever, it kinda makes the dark a bit innefectual.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that Demandred is most likely with the Borderlanders. We have two quotes that are direct clues to his where abouts. The first is Sammeal saying that the events to the south seem to be Demandreds work. We have sence found out that Semirage is there, and as the two have an alliance of sorts he may have induced her to make it seem to be his work. This would benefit Semi as it would further hide her location.

The second quote is from Graendal at the forsaken coffee hour in Winter's Heart: "And you've just been hoping to blunder into [Rand]!" At this point in the timeline I believe that the Forsaken all have some idea of where everyone is, they can no longer be seen to be competing for power as Moridin wants a united front to ensure success. The only two groups who could be described as blundering about for Rand are the Borderlanders and Perrin. Perrin is obviously not under the control of a Forsaken, and even if Demandred was with him, but hiding as a soldier or something I do not believe that Perrin would have survived KoD.

algspkr, I don't see how your first point helps you. Sammael says that Demandred is working in the south, hence he's really in the north and Semirhage is making things look like he's in the south? That's a pretty big leap to draw a conclusion. I mean how do you work that one out? You could figure Sammael doesn't know what he's talking about (since he is a bit of a moron), but I'm pretty sure that Semirhage isn't even in the south at that point since the Seanchan haven't taken Ebou Dar. And even if she's working with Demandred NO Forsaken could be trusted to make all of their work look like another forsaken's, they'd want the credit for the Chaos they'd created.

I would like to see Robert Jordan do something with Demandred that truly shocks and surprises us. My hope is that Logain turns out to be Demandred. There is of course the little problem of how Logain (gentled and in Aes Sedai company) could get to Shayol Ghul through a gateway at the beginning of LOC, but there are possibile explanations.

This would be great because everyone expects Logain to be one the good guys who does something heroic for the light, like take out the "evil" Taim. In my scenario, Taim would turn out to be a "good" guy (meaning he is actually on the side of the Creator), but he is just riddled with character flaws--and has probably been influenced for the worse by Logain.

Min's viewing of Logain attaining glory and a crown are things he does and achieves for the Dark One.

This theory is for sure not likely, but it would definitely be an interesting and provoking plot twist.

For another theory, I could see Demandred using Masema as one of his proxies--that would fulfill the "events in the south" quote and has surely spread chaos in Randland. I was tempted to say Masema is Demandred, but I don't think so.

What do you think? Does anyone know of anything that absolutley precludes Demandred from being Logain?

Guest Majsju

Well, RJ saying that we havenm't seen Demandred's eventual alter ego onstage is a pretty strong evidence against Logain. To start with...

Amongst other things, his personal history. With all the other fakes, the people who are knowledgeable of such things have expressed surprise at their appearence. Elayne mentioned not having heard of Gaebril, Thom mentioned how he knew most of the lords of the land but had never heard of the High Lord Sammon etc, yet Cadsuane displays deep knowledge of Logains history, moreover, she was involved in capturing him, and that occured before demandred was freed.

Then there is the unlikelyhood of a forsaken letting himself be severed. Remember that it would have had to have been Demandred all along since Cads ter'angreal would have detected and broken and disguise woven, and Logain WAS gentled, Suine did it herself in front of all Aes Sedai. No, Logain is not Demandred.

Well those are pretty good reasons for why my theory can't work--dang! But I'm still hoping for Logain to turn out bad and Taim good. I don't remember Cadsuane talking about Logain's past, so I'll have to find that part and read it again.

Hi guys .. this is my first entry in any forum .. so be kind! I've been wondering where Dem has been hiding out.

Perhaps it's stating the obvious but I think that Demi is mentoring/manipulating Taim. Perhaps Masema too though I think this is a little out there, Masema was cracked from the first.

Well, at least you didn't say that Demendred IS Taim, that would have gotten you scolded. :lol:

As for monitoring Taim and the BT, it's not believed very likely. Since Osan'gar we know was in the BT, most people find it hard to believe that two Forsaken would be working in the same place.

i think there is only two possiblities where he is.

1) he is with the borderlands that are in andor. cause why would so many of them leave the blight for a wide open attack?

2) in shara to go get some of those channlers and make them dreadlords or something along that line.

Remember when Sammael was trying to save his ass and told Grendael that "the south has Demanadred written all over it,"? The only thing south of Illian is Trelmaking. The only thing that has happened down there was in the "Knife of Dreams" when everyone committed suicide after the Dragon cleansed saidin. Mass suicide sounds like the work of the Great Lord no matter what the prophecies say.

I think he's in Murandy, possibly as the King there. That places him in the southern area, the King there has never been met, is building an army, is close to Caemlyn to steal seals, and a few other things.

I don't think any of the Forsaken would bother being in Shara, Shara doesn't seem to have much of anything to do with this series. We don't exactly have a Sharan army coming from the East anytime soon.

As for the Borderlands, I don't really believe the DO needs a Forsaken there. He's got the Blight bordering the area, and plunty of trollocs to take out the small countries there. I think he wants to get the bigger countries under his control. The ones far away that he doesn't have close at hand. Since there appear to be NO Forsaken in the North, it would seem odd for Demondred to control all four of the countries there.

But it would most certainly be possible that a Sharan army is making its way across the waste right now.

It has been deserted for quite some time now. An army could easily have penetrated. An army of channelers, trained to kill. And if a Foresaken is with them, why they could travel directly onto the middle of the battlefield and take out whoever they wanted. An eerie thought and it would make spectacular reading. I guess that's why I'm not ready to discount a possible appearance by the Sharans in AMoL.

The borderlanders left enough of a force in the Borderlands to hold back anything short of the Last Battle, which they wouldn't have been able to hold back anyway. If i was them, i probably would have done the same thing.

I too think Demandred is in Murandy... Mass suicide of a bunch of pacifists who believe channeling is a sin seems kind of pointless. And the Sharans would be somewhat... difficult to control. They are run by a shadow council of channelers, and probably strong ones at that. Ones well familiar with the use of compulsion and all that. To control the Sharans in any significant way, he would have to control all the Ayyad. Mesana in the tower, only brought desension, there is no reason to do that to the sharans since they would never be involved anyway.

But it would most certainly be possible that a Sharan army is making its way across the waste right now.

It has been deserted for quite some time now. An army could easily have penetrated. An army of channelers' date=' trained to kill. And if a Foresaken is with them, why they could travel directly onto the middle of the battlefield and take out whoever they wanted. An eerie thought and it would make spectacular reading. I guess that's why I'm not ready to discount a possible appearance by the Sharans in AMoL.[/quote']

The three-fold land isn't empty. Just.....significatly less full. I think Rand just took the warriors and their following with him. There were a few lines in the middle few books about Rhuarc leaving a wife behind, I think.

And while Rand did take all of the warriors, it has been pounded into our heads that all Aiel can fight. Something tells me they won't just sit passivly while an army of channellers marches across the Three-fold Land. Besides......could an army march across there? With only the water they thought to carry beforehand?

Perhaps with rhuidean to make a stop point, but its pointless anyway, the Wise Ones would have been in contact with the Wise Ones left behind, wether through dreams or through travelling. That Rand wouldn't have been warned seems... unlikely. That a forsaken would be able to control a monolithic society like the Sharans... who are ruled not by one but by a shadow council of the Ayyad... likely with other ayyad influencing descisions and controlling people through all levels of government.

Demandred was a general and tatician in the AOL and supposedly a good one. So where have we seen these skills show up where they weren't there before (a person not previously known)?

I don't think he's in the borderlands, the characters we've been introduced to from there

all have history .. no new main character has suddenly appeared (that I can recall).

I don't think he's in Shara, it's not had enough profile .. except for Graendal's display for Sammael (LoC?) and even he didn't know what she was

trying with that (I love the way we talk about these people as if they are real!!).

What about Seanchan? Drastic things happened there in KoD. But Semi had her hand in there didn't she? At least at some point.

Murandy? Possible. But who?

An Aiel? Interesting but I don't think so. The people and their customs would be too foreign

to him.

Tarabon?

He must be playing an active part somewhere .. he couldn't stay out of it .. but maybe he's

playing it from the shadows .. like leading the trollocs against the manor house for example,

but making it look like sammael's work. that could be him. The more I think about it the

more I think this could be the case. Demi could be playing the field, causing havoc where-ever & when-ever he can. Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

Firstly, we have never encountered in person Demandreds disguise... if indeed he has one. Demandred supposedly loves using proxies, it may be that he has no alter ego.

Its not in Seanchan, Semirhage has been the power in Seanchan since, i believe, the 6th or 7th book, possibly before.

I personally think that he is influencing Murandy.

He is prolly, just pulling strings through DFs, and other such tools.

Manipulating things personally, is very dangerous, like the Forsaken who was with Egwene, and the other Forsaken who have been attacked by Rand, when they built up a personal power base.

Sometimes its better not to do things personally, too much risk involved.

Archived