DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Slinky-slank mafia

Sooh

2 minutes ago, whiskey delta said:

thats fine but failure to adjust to new info can sometimes be indicative of wolfiness. How does Dice/Z flipped town or what I said about Hally not claiming a PR vs a townie wagon effect your thoughts?

Oh trust me, it's indicative of something, but it ain't wolfy.

Can we redefine "PR"? It's a special villa role right? I guess my first thought is, if I'm understanding correctly, no one should claim a PR, right? Isn't that just going to make them a snack target? I just thought Hallia and Cory came out swinging pretty quick at start today.

1 minute ago, VooDooNut said:

Oh trust me, it's indicative of something, but it ain't wolfy.

Can we redefine "PR"? It's a special villa role right? I guess my first thought is, if I'm understanding correctly, no one should claim a PR, right? Isn't that just going to make them a snack target? I just thought Hallia and Cory came out swinging pretty quick at start today.

PR is power role like doc, cop, etc. In that case Hally was looking like the lynch for the day and the thought process here is if she was scum she would claim a PR to save her skin or out the actual role she claimed to put a target on them. 

• Community Administrator
21 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Did I ask for you to find it helpful? 

My read on Hallia hasn’t changed because my vote on dice has nothing to do with if one is town the other is scum. I haven’t had a problem with her presence. It had more to do with SD/dice and how dice handled Hally’s and my agreement of not liking what SD posted and that post pushed SD lower on my list at that point. That plus the way SD town read Dice early. I am still a bit uncomfortable with SD and how yesterday went down and with the little jab at Verb once day opened. 

Before posting actual reasons for thoughts on AJ I need to check some things in the thread, but probably won’t happen until the morning when I’m using my laptop. 

Dice was Villager. Do you trust Dice in believing I'm a villager?

Also, I think Darthe is solid Villager. 

3 minutes ago, VooDooNut said:

no one should claim a PR, right? Isn't that just going to make them a snack target?

For the most part yes, people with power roles should try not to make it obvious / say it out loud. There are times a power role might considering claiming though but its a judgment call.

Let's say a role has given you relevant information to something going on in the game - you are cop and you peeked a mafia member - stuff like that can be good to reveal especially when town needs direction. There are edge cases (like if you are a cop and you peeked someone town but they are getting voted out) where you need to weight the risk of revealing your role vs the value of the information it will provide.

5 minutes ago, Darthe said:

Zander dying actually spews townie for Hally over his last couple pages.  Cory had him pocketed, which I didn't realize at the time.  He's obviously not a "no info" kill, though sometimes too much info equates to the same thing.  Were they legit doc/cop hunting?  I sorta doubt it, or if they were they did a poor job of it.  So that makes me think he was killed just to disrupt a town-core, which means we're at least trending on the right path somewhere and he had better reads than I did (or they were worried of me being docced).  TBH if verb is a vig he needs to clear that up asap.  If they shot me, the doc can reveal and proc themselves, and then the game gets cleaner. 

I think any combo of wolf goes for Zander, he's incredible

1 minute ago, SinisterDeath said:

Dice was Villager. Do you trust Dice in believing I'm a villager?

Also, I think Darthe is solid Villager. 

I mean, no? I don’t know how to handle you with all the self-voting yesterday, it’s clouding my judgment.

2 minutes ago, Hallia said:

It's exasperating when people either just say gut or vote me without giving a reason.  At that point what's there to say beyond ok ty for your vote, uh, you're wrong but how can I refute what isn't there

Yeah I feel you on that. Coaching accusations feel similar. No way to disprove my words are my own. Kinda weird, but oh well.

5 minutes ago, Hallia said:

It's exasperating when people either just say gut or vote me without giving a reason.  At that point what's there to say beyond ok ty for your vote, uh, you're wrong but how can I refute what isn't there

I get that frustration.

I’m awful at reading Clov/Cory. Do you think either is scum here? 

5 minutes ago, VooDooNut said:

Yeah I feel you on that. Coaching accusations feel similar. No way to disprove my words are my own. Kinda weird, but oh well.

So this is game 2? Who was in the first game besides Dice and SD? Sorry if you’ve said before there has been a lot going on.

4 minutes ago, VooDooNut said:

I think you're doing ok fwiw!  Even seasoned players get tips from their Mafia cohorts so it's nothing to feel bad about (regardless of alignment, for whenever you are Mafia if you're not)

Just now, Leelou said:

I get that frustration.

I’m awful at reading Clov/Cory. Do you think either is scum here? 

I was on the fence about Cory but idk how much is that is just not having played together in so long.  I feel more like he's town this day, he's engaging more than pretty much anyone

Clov we need something from today idk when he's gonna pop in

3 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

Ppl accusing you of being coached are really just saying "wow, it blows my mind a newer player can make such great posts, ive been playing for years and i'm still not as good as voodoonut, he must have help!"

Wear it with pride!

I appreciate that perspective, but I think people are seeing more in my posts than is actually there.

2 minutes ago, Leelou said:

So this is game 2? Who was in the first game besides Dice and SD? Sorry if you’ve said before there has been a lot going on.

Yeah, so it was:

Me,

SD,

Delta

Dice

Zander

and Shad

Wolves and villas aside, I'm really enjoying playing with you all.

2 minutes ago, Hallia said:

I think you're doing ok fwiw!  Even seasoned players get tips from their Mafia cohorts so it's nothing to feel bad about (regardless of alignment, for whenever you are Mafia if you're not)

I was on the fence about Cory but idk how much is that is just not having played together in so long.  I feel more like he's town this day, he's engaging more than pretty much anyone

Clov we need something from today idk when he's gonna pop in

Agreed on the last point. Same goes for the rest of the living players not here yet.

5 minutes ago, VooDooNut said:

I appreciate that perspective, but I think people are seeing more in my posts than is actually there.

Yeah, so it was:

Me,

SD,

Delta

Dice

Zander

and Shad

Wolves and villas aside, I'm really enjoying playing with you all.

Is Delta/AJ playing any differently this game? 

52 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Did I ask for you to find it helpful? 

My read on Hallia hasn’t changed because my vote on dice has nothing to do with if one is town the other is scum. I haven’t had a problem with her presence. It had more to do with SD/dice and how dice handled Hally’s and my agreement of not liking what SD posted and that post pushed SD lower on my list at that point. That plus the way SD town read Dice early. I am still a bit uncomfortable with SD and how yesterday went down and with the little jab at Verb once day opened. 

Before posting actual reasons for thoughts on AJ I need to check some things in the thread, but probably won’t happen until the morning when I’m using my laptop. 

I like this post because of the snark in the first sentence.  You're less inclined to do this as scum.  I didn't like one of your posts D1 that seemed to be contradictory, but this makes me feel better.  🙂