DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Slinky-slank mafia

Sooh

1 minute ago, SinisterDeath said:

But wouldn't a wolf want to act like a town and "hunt" for a "wolf" to not draw suspicion? 

Sounds to me like acting like a townie doesn't mean anything. Lol

I think Darthe is being sardonic, but the overarching argument is something like "if the townies are all being townie it forces the wolves to also act townie to not 'draw suspicion' but also increasing the chances they mess up along the way because they have to pretend like they don't have all the information already"

Of course, this leads to townies getting mislynched "if they were really town they wouldn't be acting so townie!" and stuff like that so something something flexible strategy

30 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

I'm 99% sure you had concerns of me in the MU game we played nope I'm objectively wrong there, you came around to me being town fairly early and never really moved on from that.

Was this cat mafia that you, me, hallia, and Liz played?  I was trying to reread parts of that game and it reminded me how much it hurt my brain with all the FPS.

1 minute ago, Cory Caboose said:

I think Darthe is being sardonic, but the overarching argument is something like "if the townies are all being townie it forces the wolves to also act townie to not 'draw suspicion' but also increasing the chances they mess up along the way because they have to pretend like they don't have all the information already"

Of course, this leads to townies getting mislynched "if they were really town they wouldn't be acting so townie!" and stuff like that so something something flexible strategy

A little but I am half genuine in wanting to curb some of the messiness happening.  Maybe that’s unfair of me, but I don’t feel like I have good reads and this would help.

7 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

Were you in the game where Rags posted a picture of Gemma Atkinson and I lockcleared him?  He was mafia, so that was bad, but it was also exponentially more townie than anything else Rags ever posted so zero regrets.

Rags ripped this straight from the bcb playbook

6 minutes ago, TrippedOnReality said:

Was this cat mafia that you, me, hallia, and Liz played?  I was trying to reread parts of that game and it reminded me how much it hurt my brain with all the FPS.

Yes.  Last games I recall playing with her was Darthe's game where everyone was very mean to Chris/BFG/Iron, cat mafia, and the HP game from 2018 and her scum games (DM game we played on MU, Cory's lawyer game).

I don't remember how she approached me in Darthes because I was scum and therefore did not read the thread.

1 minute ago, Darthe said:

Lol DM has as much stuff below the forum as they do in the actual thread.  Did we lose ISO as well?

If you go to someone's profile, click on their activity, then click posts on the left side.of the screen.  It's not perfect but it's better than nothing.

2 hours ago, TrippedOnReality said:

Do you think he's more likely to do the helpful villager bit as a wolf?  The first game I played with him he got yeeted D1 and I think we clashed a ton.  The second game I was the cop and he was my N0 and he posted like once.  

I missed this @TrippedOnReality

Honestly I don't have a great answer. I'm not really trying to meta-read Darthe this game, he was a little too dynamic for that tool to work great even back the day and a long absence won't make me feel any more confident that's he's gonna act this way or that way in any role. All I can really say is he seems really down to earth this game and interested in driving it forward and getting people talking & I'm willing to quiet any doubt and let him work.

Ngl I was worried you were going to be a wolf @Cory Caboose and felt Darthe’s early Homelander gif towards you was the beginning of an epic showdown that was thematically perfect for that situation.

But you seem pretty okay now that you’re digging in. Calling my read lazy is fair and if I seem subdued its probably a mix of rust and herb tbh :Jordan: 

Your approach to the Hally consensus read is a new angle that I think wouldn’t really benefit you as a wolf as compared to following said consensus. I’m not sure whether the AJ/Hally tinfoil is based more on me or her but I would say you’re getting ahead of yourself either way. I’m not sure if I said this ITT but I know I definitely thought it to myself at least but my track record reading her when I am Town is not the best so I’m not unwilling to sponge others per se

1 minute ago, Cory Caboose said:

Honestly I don't have a great answer. I'm not really trying to meta-read Darthe this game, he was a little too dynamic for that tool to work great even back the day and a long absence won't make me feel any more confident that's he's gonna act this way or that way in any role. All I can really say is he seems really down to earth this game and interested in driving it forward and getting people talking & I'm willing to quiet any doubt and let him work.

Fair enough.  I do think the first game I played with darthe he took kind of a...quirky...approach to the game hence the clashing, so I could see the "too dynamic" thing being fair. 

8 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

Aww this is the Nicest thing you’ve ever said to me

6 minutes ago, whiskey delta said:

Ngl I was worried you were going to be a wolf @Cory Caboose and felt Darthe’s early Homelander gif towards you was the beginning of an epic showdown that was thematically perfect for that situation.

But you seem pretty okay now that you’re digging in. Calling my read lazy is fair and if I seem subdued its probably a mix of rust and herb tbh :Jordan: 

Your approach to the Hally consensus read is a new angle that I think wouldn’t really benefit you as a wolf as compared to following said consensus. I’m not sure whether the AJ/Hally tinfoil is based more on me or her but I would say you’re getting ahead of yourself either way. I’m not sure if I said this ITT but I know I definitely thought it to myself at least but my track record reading her when I am Town is not the best so I’m not unwilling to sponge others per se

Cory has some wolf equity but it’s small imo.  I mostly think it’s just me paranoid about how good that guy can be as a wolf.

6 minutes ago, whiskey delta said:

Cory has some wolf equity but it’s small imo.  I mostly think it’s just me paranoid about how good that guy can be as a wolf.

1 hour ago, Zander? said:

In a world where at least say 3 of You me Chris Dice AJ and Derf are Villagers and Hallia was a Wolf I dont feel shes feel real comfortable and it would be noticeable.

@Darthe

I would have liked to see a little more from him on Cory/AJ or anything else that happened earlier today, but I thought this was a decent take on Hallia and it kind of mirrored my own thoughts early about her saying she was glad there were so many people in the game who read her well.  

I think him laying off SD is probably ~good, but I have no idea if mafia!zander would push there or not given thread state.  I do have some vague impression that mafia!zander is more likely to bus a teammate, but fact check me on that.

I felt pretty good about our interactions last night and his back and forth with you over voodoo. so I'm fine giving him a town lean for now.