DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Slinky-slank mafia

Sooh

1 hour ago, Verbal32 said:

Simple, I wasn't leaning one way or the other on you, and like I explained earlier - a non-town lean (even if it's null) results in being part of the POE for me.

Okay, that’s fine enough I guess. Do you have specifics though that you liked/didn’t like? You’ve quoted me a few times talking about you so I know you’re seeing my posts but you aren’t actually saying anything about them. Maybe it’s a time thing but I’d like to have that convo

1 hour ago, Darthe said:

Not really, unless you're new.  Common sense plays shouldn't earn brownie points at this point imo, and both things you're getting townread for are things I would distinctly do as a wolf.   IDK, maybe it's just me but these seem more explainable if you're a wolf because they both serve to give you town-cred despite not feeling natural for townies to do.

Who is asking for brownie points I didn't wanna be a d-bag

1 hour ago, Darthe said:

So you knew this rule but not that D1 had no hammer?

Yes, because Zander was complaining IN THREAD about this rule and not the other

1 hour ago, Darthe said:

Very very very slightly townie.  Leelou's usually kind of rough around the edges, and I've seen some of that snark this game, so she's in her meta tone-wise, though it has been a bit diminished.  She isn't typically one to try and lead in these games but even so I'd like to see more from her.  Most importantly, she hasn't actively tried to do anything to push her agenda on the thread which is how she used to wolf.

I’ve got her and Clov in my POE and I don’t think they are teamed so one of those two might be it for me today. With the new claims already shaking up my inner circle, I would say Hallia is back on the table for me too.

Regarding pushing agendas, I think part of that could come down to what Cory said earlier. Wolves don’t control the thread but it’s mostly been villagers pushing each other. Her checking first to join the Clov wagon yesterday sort of fits into that theory imo. I want to see where she’s gonna vote.

6 minutes ago, whiskey delta said:

Okay, that’s fine enough I guess. Do you have specifics though that you liked/didn’t like? You’ve quoted me a few times talking about you so I know you’re seeing my posts but you aren’t actually saying anything about them. Maybe it’s a time thing but I’d like to have that convo

I feel like I can follow your POV and explanations easily, even if I don't necessarily agree with your conclusions.  Example:  your Leelou read.  I'm feeling good about her, and it's because of how she made me do homework - that's townie behavior (from her).....and you have her in your POE.  So we don't have to agree for me to follow your mindset.

The net result of that is null so far.

1 hour ago, SinisterDeath said:

He was pretty loud D1. Would a wolf target a loud townie if they're putting a wagon on a known town?

Assuming a Wolf/Vig attempted to kill Darthe, is it safe to say you can't actually confirm whether such a hit took place (Meaning you don't get any info about if it actually saved him), you can only assume it since you protected him?

This is the correct take away yes. As Darthe mentioned it’s possible the wolves and Verb both shot Zander so this could be a misclear but I’m kind of okay rolling with it for now 

1 minute ago, Darthe said:

It's interesting that over half the game isn't voting.  Vote clov 

Was Clov the one that was saying SD was definitely town?  I wasn't active at that time, but I thought I read something like that in my catchup.  If true, then I'd be interested to know his alignment - it would help me draw further conclusions on SD.....but I can't move my vote there yet.

In a direct comparison I would say I’ve liked SD’s posts D2 much more than Hallia/Leelou from a content perspective. He’s caught up in the PR mechanics but I think the process could be genuine and I’m more lenient on that than I would normally be probably knowing he’s still learning 

4 minutes ago, whiskey delta said:

@Hallia what is your read on me now? I don’t mind that you followed Cory because I think you’d do that as a villager but that was a day ago and you’re still there and I have been posting a lot more since then too. Let’s chat?

Heyo

I've got a minute and tbh no one seems inherently scummy.  I don't really know who to go on ATM.  I feel verb/Cory lock town bc I believe their reads and bc of that darthe is also town imo

I tbh keep waffling on you and clov.

2 minutes ago, Hallia said:

Heyo

I've got a minute and tbh no one seems inherently scummy.  I don't really know who to go on ATM.  I feel verb/Cory lock town bc I believe their reads and bc of that darthe is also town imo

I tbh keep waffling on you and clov.

sheep me.

• Community Administrator
4 minutes ago, Verbal32 said:

Was Clov the one that was saying SD was definitely town?  I wasn't active at that time, but I thought I read something like that in my catchup.  If true, then I'd be interested to know his alignment - it would help me draw further conclusions on SD.....but I can't move my vote there yet.

These are all the posts I could find with search that might be relevant...

On 7/10/2022 at 7:43 PM, Clovdyx said:

JFC I can't believe I'm going to say this.

I'm absolutely not voting for Sinister today, and I highly, highly encourage everyone take the same stance.  No part of me feels good about this read but unless the team is just straight up completelyAFK!Verb, brandnewb!Voodoo, and Sinister, I don't see how he's ever mafia here.  He'd have to not only have committed to the sickest derpclear of all time, he'd have to have a team that somehow isn't giving him ANYTHING to work with.

I'll reevaluate if we're both alive late, but I don't think I've ever seen someone take these kind of lines as scum - inexperienced or not.  And if I'm getting leveled, I promise, I'll make up for it by pretending it's 2015 again.

18 hours ago, Clovdyx said:

I didn't have a marginal scumread on anyone.  The two lowest "reads" I had when I left the thread were Verbal and Dice, who were literally completely null.  I had an argument for every other player in the game being ahead of them.  Going from memory since I closed notepad, but it was basically

Sinister

Voodoo

----

Darthe

You

Tripped

---

Hallia

Leelou

Zander

Cory

----

Verb

Dice

<nobody>

Using my standard never going to lynch/don't want to lynch/whatever/actually lynch these people groupings

On 7/10/2022 at 7:17 PM, Clovdyx said:

Sinister's point about wanting to keep Verb around because they're both admins and wanting to be able to play together makes enough sense to me, but I have no idea how to take his posturing that Verbal might have gotten a good role to punish other players. 

One relatively inactive scum defending an inactive teammate with whatever's available?  

TMI on Verb's alignment?

A legitimate thought from someone fairly inexperienced about how roles go out?

Effifino

On 7/10/2022 at 2:42 PM, Clovdyx said:

1: Protect Darthe, remove Zander.  Darthe's thoughts and conclusions have mirrored mine a lot, and I think being able to back off Voodoo to re-evaluate despite being pretty firm seemed really townie to me.  There's probably some stupid tinfoil about them being teamed, but I stopped being afraid of the monster under the bed years ago.

Remove Zander just to keep the thread manageable 🙂 Or more seriously, it was never going to be Darthe or AJ, and I think Leelou has been reasonably comfortable in the thread and uncertainty on certain players seems reasonable enough to me.  I also think I'd be able to read her more accurately than I will Zander.

2: Protect Voodoo, remove Dice.  Protecting Voodoo is the easiest choice of this entire "game" for me - he's been here and contributed and while I didn't think it was a shining example of textbook townplay, it's 100% what id' expect from an inexperienced player.  I'm not going to crucify the guy for being new.  As far as Dice, meh, I have nothing positive or negative to say about any of Dice/Verb/Sinister IRT their alignments.  Dice just seems to have been around a little more.  My methodology for sorting wasn't great for this group.

3:  Protect Trip, remove Cory.  I think.  This is the hardest, because each had small things I've liked and some small things I didn't.  Darthe has made several comments that I think I can sum up as comparison between her involvement/presence and her impact.  I totally get that thought process, but that's how she plays - she's very inquisitive by nature and would rather mentally work through people to slowly piece it together than attack the thread head on (a la a Zander-type player).  I didn't like her earliest posts, but nothing she's said since has rubbed me the wrong way.  I'd love to see more actual content from Hallia, especially because I think she's more of an off-the-cuff player than we've seen, but I also don't expect her to just come up with reads if she doesn't have them.  I do like her attitude this game and would generally echo Tripped's comments about her being feisty versus snippy.  Beyond the lack of substance - which applies to like 10 of us, myself included - the only thing that seemed wrong was her saying I generally seem townie to her and I semi-resolved that.  As for Cory... his initial response to her big post felt off to me in tone, but nothing he said was wrong, and I liked his effort towards Hallia.  I'm 100% fine letting him do his thing for a bit and seeing how he opens the game up.

and if anyone was curious, my methodology for grouping was 

Reveal hidden contents

On 7/9/2022 at 10:21 PM, Clovdyx said:

This hypothesis has never been tested, as it is predicated on Town!Clov being alive mid-late game, and I'm not sure that has ever happened.

If I had to guess, the number of posts is probably pretty consistent between alignments, though I'd say getting involved particularly early is probably a little frequent in my mafia rands than town.  It's really more reflective of game state than anything - town!me might try to drive up some activity but isn't going to force it.  As mafia, I'd probably try to use what's there more because

This.  Also I'm less concerned about consequences of my play as town (though, ironically, I think I can get way more leeway from other players as scum).  

But mostly this.

Do you have any reads/thoughts on really anything that's happened?  I realize it's been mostly lighthearted and super shallow reads, but I'd really like to have something for your slot before I dip.

On that note...

Same.  I'm literally not going to be in the thread Monday at all before deadline, and that's the case if I'm still alive D2.  I can play from about 5 EST - 11 EST during the week, so I'd love to see anything from Dice/Cory/Voodoo/Verb/Sinister - especially the latter three.

If anybody has thoughts on any of them, you're probably scum TMIing it I'd love to work through them with you

On 7/10/2022 at 2:26 PM, Clovdyx said:

I have a thought organizing experiment for anyone who willing to play.  I broke the roster up into three groupings.  Pick the person from each group you'd be happiest swinging today and the person whose elimination you would absolutely never support.

1: darthe/whiskey/leelou/zander
2: dice/voodoo/verb/sinister
3: cory/clov/hallia/tripped

At the risk of stating the obvious, no, you can't pick yourself for the person you want to eliminate the least.

46 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

He'd have killed another town, but then he'd have to suffer through another 60 pages of zander...

I don’t hate the outcome we received tbh. Zander was going to really fudge my reads (sorry Z!) so him dying and Cory/Verb’s claims have suddenly opened the game up. I think we’re getting very close to this solve.

5 minutes ago, whiskey delta said:

In a direct comparison I would say I’ve liked SD’s posts D2 much more than Hallia/Leelou from a content perspective. He’s caught up in the PR mechanics but I think the process could be genuine and I’m more lenient on that than I would normally be probably knowing he’s still learning 

What do you think about my point that he spewed me town b/c he was acting like he knew my alignment already?  Rookie mistake, or scum slip?

Initial gut reaction was a slip, but I acknowledge that sometimes mistakes are just mistakes, even for town (my shot on Zander, for example, lol).

10 minutes ago, Verbal32 said:

2 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

Actually after seeing that I think a Clov w flip would actually make SD more likely town

Tripped was ahead of me on that one

Agreed - that's what I was trying to say above.

2 minutes ago, Verbal32 said:

What do you think about my point that he spewed me town b/c he was acting like he knew my alignment already?  Rookie mistake, or scum slip?

Initial gut reaction was a slip, but I acknowledge that sometimes mistakes are just mistakes, even for town (my shot on Zander, for example, lol).

Eh I've said like 4 things like that in this game already and realized it after I posted them.  I'd rather you have a read on his 100+ posts.

3 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

Actually after seeing that I think a Clov w flip would actually make SD more likely town

Tripped was ahead of me on that one

Im kinda leaning SD town no matter what Clov’s alignment is

its somewhere between Clov/Leelou and Darthe/Hally imo. If there’s a third I hope I’m dead before that point