DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Slinky-slank mafia

Sooh

1 minute ago, whiskey delta said:

That’s kind of the point though. How is your test productive if you don’t live to see it through? Like I don’t honestly believe your rational here.

If leelou is town I’d consider you outed scum at this point. That’s pretty much where I’m at read wise.

Okay, dude, I know I'm a rampantly egoistical narcissist and unfairly believe that I'm better than everyone in the roster, but I'm fairly certain the game doesn't end for everyone else if I get binked.  If NOBODY can use information in the thread... well... 

Robert Downey Jr Shrug GIF by MOODMAN

As far as the bottom, that's completely fine.  I'm not at all convinced you're actually town, and if you are, there's still no part of me that cares about your read on me.  And I say that as someone who loves playing with you/working together.

I mean ily too but we both know how this game goes. It’s nothing personal ❤️

So despite having others that you were less sure about that (Zander/Cory) who likewise were probably not in any real danger, you decided to bury your vote on a previous TR in the hopes it might gain info for you/the greater good?

Just so we’re clear here. I mean, maybe. Maybe. I still think it’s kinda weak but maybe.

I mean ily too but we both know how this game goes. It’s nothing personal ❤️

So despite having others that you were less sure about that (Zander/Cory) who likewise were probably not in any real danger, you decided to bury your vote on a previous TR in the hopes it might gain info for you/the greater good?

Just so we’re clear here. I mean, maybe. Maybe. I still think it’s kinda weak but maybe.

Absolutely nothing personal ❤️

I will concede Cory might have worked (though Cory got more townie as the day went on, not less).  There was zero percent chance I would have parked a vote on Zander.  I already said I wasn't reading most of his posts, and you know as well as I do he would have posted another 300 times if I voted him.  That's the exact opposite of what any of us want lol

3 minutes ago, whiskey delta said:

Did you get any info?

Actually I don't remember anyone discussing the vote, her as a candidate, and the only posts I explicitly remember from her (I know there were more, I'd just have to go back and reread) were about her being busy with work stuff and her saying she wasn't sold one way or the other on Cory/me several times.

Which is weird, because traditionally everybody thinks i'm a super easy player to read and can just clear me right off the bat.

10 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

Actually I don't remember anyone discussing the vote, her as a candidate, and the only posts I explicitly remember from her (I know there were more, I'd just have to go back and reread) were about her being busy with work stuff and her saying she wasn't sold one way or the other on Cory/me several times.

Which is weird, because traditionally everybody thinks i'm a super easy player to read and can just clear me right off the bat.

I said I could go Hally/Leelou at one point but I don’t think I would have switched by the time EOD rolled around. I’ll say that I ~get your reasoning for thinking she trended down (I felt the same) but given how scum need reasons… you catch my drift. The justification is there but in the grand scheme of what your alignment is I don’t think its incredibly conclusive without knowing Leelou’s alignment also

1 minute ago, TrippedOnReality said:

Chris, if you have time, can you look through my pairs list and see if i'm off base on any or if there are any you think should be added?

I skimmed your pairs list when I came back into the thread, but looking at it again... these are the ones I feel very comfortable agreeing with you on:

AJ/hallia

hallia/darthe

darthe/voodoo***

SD/Verb

SD/Chris?????

cory/hallia??

Chris/leelou

I'm including the two with me in them not because I think you're right - you probably are, but IDK? - but because I believe YOU should believe them.

I saw your reasoning on Hallia/Leelou and AJ/Leelou and while I'd guess you're probably right on the conclusion, I don't know either is so strong I'd eliminate the possibility.

These three I'd have to go back and read to see if they make sense to me

Voodoo/SD

SD/leelou

voodoo/hallia???

I remember VooDoo and SD having a weird relationship, but I'm just not wanting to speculate as to how two very inexperienced scum players that are interesting fellows so far would interact.  I don't remember anything about SD/Leelou, and I'm inclined to agree with your take on VooDoo/Hallia but would want to read it with context.

One's I were very interested in your thoughts on were Cory/AJ and Cory/Darthe.  I know you said last night, so I get why they aren't as strong, but I wasn't sure if you thought the interactions between them on D1 - namely Cory and AJ - were gameplay or authentic.

*** if VooDoo were a more experienced player, I could actually see Darthe playing off him the way they've engaged.  I will give Darthe the benefit of the doubt he'd be less rough around the edges with VooDoo given it's the guy's second game.

I said I could go Hally/Leelou at one point but I don’t think I would have switched by the time EOD rolled around. I’ll say that I ~get your reasoning for thinking she trended down (I felt the same) but given how scum need reasons… you catch my drift. The justification is there but in the grand scheme of what your alignment is I don’t think its incredibly conclusive without knowing Leelou’s alignment also

That's fair enough.  Humor me, though - you've already said her being town makes me scum.  Let's say she actually IS mafia.  By my own admission, that was no by means an attempt to get her lynched.  What, if anything, does that mean for my alignment?

4 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

I remember VooDoo and SD having a weird relationship, but I'm just not wanting to speculate as to how two very inexperienced scum players that are interesting fellows so far would interact.  I don't remember anything about SD/Leelou, and I'm inclined to agree with your take on VooDoo/Hallia but would want to read it with context.

One's I were very interested in your thoughts on were Cory/AJ and Cory/Darthe.  I know you said last night, so I get why they aren't as strong, but I wasn't sure if you thought the interactions between them on D1 - namely Cory and AJ - were gameplay or authentic.

That's ~fair on VooDoo/SD.  I think my thought process when I initially made the pair was that there interactions with and around each other just really weird for teammates, but you make a valid point.

I think the SD/Leelou thing was partially about how SD was sussing leelou/hallia team and partially about how leelou was interacting with/around him in the thread around *certain* things.

oh, so you noticed I didn't have Cory/AJ or Cory Darthe in my list.  The short answer is, I don't know.  the longer answer is I haven't played with either of them enough and I don't think I've ever seen them play together so I have no idea how they would play as a team/not a team.  I feel like Cory/AJ today felt more authentic?  But I really have no idea.  I don't think Cory would have a problem pushing AJ right out of the gate as a teammate if he felt it was a good opportunity to distance?  That said, I feel better about Cory than AJ.

As for Cory/Darthe, I felt like Cory was legit pissed at Darthe for making him claim.  But I have no idea if Cory/Darthe would come up with that plan in wolf chat?  I do think it's possible it's T/S but I also think it's self resolving with the claim, and I was independently town reading them so I'm kind of trying not to worry about it right now. 

13 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

That's fair enough.  Humor me, though - you've already said her being town makes me scum.  Let's say she actually IS mafia.  By my own admission, that was no by means an attempt to get her lynched.  What, if anything, does that mean for my alignment?

I wouldn’t want to blast you into the sun presently for one.

I would probably say I don’t think a scum!Clov finds that particular thing a good move with a partner because it could always come back to bite them and relying on WIFOM is dubious. Really this read relies on Leelou being town, which I feel pretty decently that she is.

Past you, I really don’t have another solid suspect that I couldn’t call straight POE so if you’re Town then idk. I kinda want to figure this out now and not later too before the game is on the line.

2 minutes ago, whiskey delta said:

I kinda want to figure this out now and not later too before the game is on the line.

Give It To Me Want GIF

That's not the direction I planned to go when I searched "don't care," was actually thinking a Smokin' Jay Cutler "doooooooooooooooooooooooooooon't care" type thing, but this works even better.  Plus I got a sick one for the next time somebody brings a really stupid theory to me.

12 minutes ago, TrippedOnReality said:

I think the SD/Leelou thing was partially about how SD was sussing leelou/hallia team and partially about how leelou was interacting with/around him in the thread around *certain* things.

I can see that.  I only feel marginally better guessing what he'd do with an experienced teammate versus a new one, but Leelou's response -> that is pretty good grounds for disassociation.  And mostly I just really think he's town independent.  As zander might say, LoLoLoMoLoLoLo.

oh, so you noticed I didn't have Cory/AJ or Cory Darthe in my list.  The short answer is, I don't know.  the longer answer is I haven't played with either of them enough and I don't think I've ever seen them play together so I have no idea how they would play as a team/not a team.  I feel like Cory/AJ today felt more authentic?  But I really have no idea.  I don't think Cory would have a problem pushing AJ right out of the gate as a teammate if he felt it was a good opportunity to distance?  That said, I feel better about Cory than AJ.

As for Cory/Darthe, I felt like Cory was legit pissed at Darthe for making him claim.  But I have no idea if Cory/Darthe would come up with that plan in wolf chat?  I do think it's possible it's T/S but I also think it's self resolving with the claim, and I was independently town reading them so I'm kind of trying not to worry about it right now. 

I think Cory and AJ would probably both take opportunities to lightly shade one another so they look disassociated - I don't think either would either take the initiative to make the other look bad, and I thought there was enough to mark them teamed being unlikely (but not impossible) D1.  Even ignoring Cory's claim, I think their D2 start is pretty much never from them as teammates.

I have a lot of thoughts about the Darthe/Cory interactions today but actually thought they had teammate equity while I was still in the thread D1, even though Darthe was really townie and Cory had a few good things going for them.  I, uh, might revise that take based on the first three or four hours of today.

6 minutes ago, whiskey delta said:

I mean you can call me stupid but I’ll just say the same if your end result is that I’m a wolf lol

Id like to see where you’re at with the rest of the roster and perhaps without the code speak so we can all understand 

I literally told you - I was planning on getting something like this 

tenor.gif

I still have WIM, but rn this thread feels dull.  Wish we were playing this IRL, we'd do some shots and lynch someone and have a great night.  

Could any of you by chance make some big mistake we can lynch you for?  That'd be nice.

7 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

I have a lot of thoughts about the Darthe/Cory interactions today but actually thought they had teammate equity while I was still in the thread D1, even though Darthe was really townie and Cory had a few good things going for them.  I, uh, might revise that take based on the first three or four hours of today.

Do you think they are both town?