DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Episode 7 teaser trailer

Skipp

2 minutes ago, flinn said:

What is the... anyone who goes to the eye who is not the DR will die? Does that include her and Lan?

Seems like another one of those changes that just complicates things for no real reason.

I believe she is explaining that anyone who goes to the eye specifically to fight the DO will die.  Since Moiraine and Lan know they are not the DR they won't try and fight the DO.  Since she doesn't know which of the 5 are the DR if each of them goes to fight only the DR will survive. 

3 minutes ago, flinn said:

What is the... anyone who goes to the eye who is not the DR will die? Does that include her and Lan?

Seems like another one of those changes that just complicates things for no real reason.

It shows how brave and strong all of these people are - to try and stop the DO, these 7 people - before any of them have their superpowers -  are going to play Russian roulette where the survivor is the accursed DR doomed to madness and breaking, and the rest will die. But it's a risk worth taking. It makes the emphasis superHERO instead of SUPERhero.

It's basically the GoTG scene where they decide to stop Ronnan, or Firefly, when they run the gauntlet to reach the planet with the virus that reated the Reavers

7 minutes ago, Skipp said:

I believe she is explaining that anyone who goes to the eye specifically to fight the DO will die.  Since Moiraine and Lan know they are not the DR they won't try and fight the DO.  Since she doesn't know which of the 5 are the DR if each of them goes to fight only the DR will survive. 

I didn't take it like that. I think she believes anyone going there will die unless they are the Dragon, with the DR being the only one with a chance to survive. 

It just adds tension. It's not as if travelling to the Eye in the book was a safe jaunt for everyone either

Love how the Black Wind seems to be speaking to Nynaeve in her OWN voice. I hope we get to hear this from multiple character perspectives (and it's in each of their voices).

Min looks great and love @Skipp suggestion that what we're seeing with Perrin might be a viewing. That is a cool way to incorporate her viewings rather than things simply floating around people's heads. Might more visually dynamic.

1 hour ago, flinn said:

It probably serves two purposes.

1.) Give a plot/narrative reason for the others to stay behind and do other things to make the showdown at the Eye less confusing. 

2.) Maintain a degree of in-world mystery as to whether the DR is really the DR in the eyes of people in the show.   The DR proves they are the dragon 3 times before it is finally settled.  That can be pretty redundant in a film adaptation so building a little in-world are-they/are-they-not question makes sense to setup the next two.

The rather predictable response will be that many fans who were afraid that they were changing who the dragon is will continue to harp on that doubt.   But, the structure is present in the books, so it isn't all that big of a change for books 1 through 3.

These last two episodes have been filmed post covid lockdown, right?

I notice some improvements...

By the way, from the teaser it seems that Mat will not be there. So either he'll get another storyline at the  tower or problems with the actor obliged the showrunner to change the plot. I cannot really blame them (this time) but it's rather disappointing. 

104959530_Screenshot_20211212-005332_PrimeVideo.thumb.jpg.359bd7fd44c5ff7bfff12adc6bae2534.jpg

2 hours ago, Skipp said:

I think it is clear in the extras she believes she is sacrificing herself also

Edited by Ralph

Yeah, the first major lockdown happened before filming could begin on E7 and reporting suggests Barney left the show during this period. Probably had to do a lot of rewrites and some reshoots to make it work.

Also, it was pointed out in the E7 Prediction thread that there's a couple extra shots in the Instagram version of the teaser, specifically what appears to be Egwene channeling and a Trolloc in the Ways. I snipped the Trolloc, in the spoiler box in case you want to avoid it!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXgglqTgQfY/

Spoiler

635878358_Screenshot2021-12-15135253.thumb.png.853978b8582c6f7de113d08c03a8abab.png

Awesome ?

Edited by themann1086
added IG link

52 minutes ago, Ralph said:

104959530_Screenshot_20211212-005332_PrimeVideo.thumb.jpg.359bd7fd44c5ff7bfff12adc6bae2534.jpg

I think it is clear in the extras she believes she is sacrificing herself also

The extras could mean anything (and I'm not sure that they are even accurate as Rosamund as much as confirmed in a podcast interview that the ter'angreal took her into a dream shard. She definitely teased T'a'R .

But she's also giving off an "I'm never coming back" vibe. She may very well believe that she'll have to sacrifice herself to win at the Eye.

Edited by Elder_Haman

Machin Shin: hmmm, I’ll wait and find out. I always imagined it more desperate, pleading, chaotic, and excited or fervent to kill. It gave off a sense of urgency for me in the book and I wasn’t getting that from the trailer. All of the urgency is coming from the physicality of the wind but I didn’t really detect any urgency due to the sound. It Felt droning. This is probably nitpicky/can’t please everyone, I accept this, but I do think I will enjoy this more than Mashadar and Shadar Logoth. Also, Loial is leading them in the Ways in the teaser so this made me happy. 

4 minutes ago, JaimAybara said:

Machin Shin: hmmm, I’ll wait and find out. I always imagined it more desperate, pleading, chaotic, and excited or fervent to kill. It gave off a sense of urgency for me in the book and I wasn’t getting that from the trailer. All of the urgency is coming from the physicality of the wind but I didn’t really detect any urgency due to the sound. It Felt droning. This is probably nitpicky/can’t please everyone, I accept this, but I do think I will enjoy this more than Mashadar and Shadar Logoth. Also, Loial is leading them in the Ways in the teaser so this made me happy. 

You do realize you're complaining about a 2 second sound clip in a 30 second teaser trailer?