DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Season 2 casting announcements

DaddyFinn

2 minutes ago, Mailman said:

WTF are you talking about.

You even posted photos of the actors before they where cast for the roles and then they bulked up after getting the roles. As I have said ad nauseam if she does the same I have no issues with her in the role. All I have said is that at the moment she appears a bit slight for the role which can be rectified. 

Tom Hiddleston originally auditioned for the role of Thor I'm sure that he would not have have been allowed to go to production in that role with the physique of Loki. 

No you said Evans should not have been cast at all . So he should have spent his life suped up ? You were basing your views on a pic of AS in a period piece from 5 years ago

"If i was hiring her, just as if i was looking at hiring Hemsworth or Evans, then it would have come with a requirement to have the physical appearance compatible with the role."

So neither of them looked the part which is the reason a said thank god Sarah does the casting and not you . Henry Cavill would not be Superman either

4 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Let's just move on, instead of beating a dead horse from both ends, shall we?

Robert Deniro in Cape Fear and Raging Bull.

Christian Bale in The Mechanic and Batman.

Actors can and do change for their roles.  I don't think the actors playing Rand and Aviendha look anywhere close to the same for being Aiel.  But maybe in the show they will.  Doubtful, but maybe.  WAFO.

21 minutes ago, Humbugged2 said:

No you said Evans should not have been cast at all . So he should have spent his life suped up ? You were basing your views on a pic of AS in a period piece from 5 years ago

"If i was hiring her, just as if i was looking at hiring Hemsworth or Evans, then it would have come with a requirement to have the physical appearance compatible with the role."

So neither of them looked the part which is the reason a said thank god Sarah does the casting and not you . Henry Cavill would not be Superman either

You are wrong.

I never said Evans should not have been cast.

They altered there physical appearance to fit into the role after being cast in the roles. And as I have said over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over if Smart does the same thing I have zero issues with her casting. All i have said is from the photos seen she looks a little slight for the role.

Get over it.

• Community Administrator
1 minute ago, Mailman said:

You are wrong.

I never said Evans should not have been cast.

They altered there physical appearance to fit into the role after being cast in the roles. And as I have said over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over if Smart does the same thing I have zero issues with her casting. All i have said is from the photos seen she looks a little slight for the role.

Get over it.

12 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

42 minutes ago, Dead Warder said:

I can't remember if its a Lexmark or Xerox, but yes it's behind him somewhere in the tall grass. I think it's a compact laserjet, not an inkjet which btw, is a ripoff when it comes to inkjet cartridge refills... also I heavily digressed.

PC Load Letter?

PC LOAD LETTER?!

What the @%*& does that mean?!?!

On 4/29/2022 at 6:58 PM, SinisterDeath said:

On 4/30/2022 at 1:00 AM, Humbugged2 said:

From a still from a TV show 5 years ago

On 4/29/2022 at 9:23 PM, Dead Warder said:

439.gif.b6c03dd2e37cdaab05a985e7d8bd12a8.gif

Edited by Andra

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, DaddyFinn said:

High Lord Turak and an unnamed sul'dam. Two speculated casts also.

https://www.wotseries.com/2022/05/18/scoop-two-seanchan-are-cast-more-cast-speculation/

Turak - excellent!  Too bad Rand didn't get any sword training in S1.  Maybe they'll duel across a Stones board rather than with weapons...

12 hours ago, Andra said:

Or maybe that's who Aviendha will be fighting in Falme. ?

Fighting? Am expecting a musical episode where the Seanchan settle their differences in some sort of dance off or rap battle...They already established precedence for dress up and synchronised dance.

Throw a magical musical instrument into the mix and who knows what can happen!

12 hours ago, Andra said:

Why?

Perrin didn't get any training either.

At least we know Rand can use a bow.

Perrin in Season 1 learned about the Way of the Leaf, traveling with the Tinkers and learning about the path of non-violence.  In Season 2, we already know that Perrin will be traveling with trained warriors: Ingtar, Uno, Masema, and Elyas have all been cast.  Those people are all capable of working with him and teaching him.  Elyas about the wolves, and the others about fighting in the Borderlands: the need for a person to commit violence to protect the people he loved.  And Perrin will be with them all season. There is plenty of time for Perrin to receive training from them, and he is already an intimidating natural warrior due to his size and physical strength anyway.

I think there is a good chance he fights High Lord Turok at the end of the season for the same reason that Egwene and Nynaeve fought the army of trollocs in Tarwin's Gap.  The show is focusing very much on how (per Memory of Light), this is really about All of them. Not just Rand.  That means that the others of the EF 5 get to have the season-climax hero moments, not just Rand.  And they're doing this by splitting it up. 

So instead of Rand fighting the Foresaken/Dark One AND the trolloc army, they gave Egwene and Nynaeve the hero moment of fighting the Trolloc Army while Rand takes the Foresaken still. 
Since E&N had an early big hero season climax, and Perrin and Mat have not, in Season 2, I think they'll do the same thing. Mat is already taken care of: He blows the Horn of Valere and effectively defeats the Seanchen...certainly a big hero moment.  Rand is the only one who can fight Ishy in the sky and be revealed as the Dragon Reborn, so he definitely gets that big hero victory...possibly made even bigger by taking Callendor as well depending on how they do it. 

Which means Perrin is the last of the EF5 who needs a big hero season climax moment.  What better way for him to show him choosing, for the moment, the way of the Warrior, than by him defeating High Lord Turok and claiming his place as a Warrior?   It's how you show this conflict, Ax vs. Hammer, that they will be playing out visually through the whole series.  From Perrin hammering Ilya's wagon with a hammer and deciding /not/ to take the ax with him in Fal Dara when he went to look for Fain, to him embracing the Ax and using it to fight...White Cloaks, or Turok, or, IMO, both...that shows all that internal conflict externally on the screen.

6 hours ago, WhiteVeils said:

Perrin in Season 1 learned about the Way of the Leaf, traveling with the Tinkers and learning about the path of non-violence.  In Season 2, we already know that Perrin will be traveling with trained warriors: Ingtar, Uno, Masema, and Elyas have all been cast.  Those people are all capable of working with him and teaching him.  Elyas about the wolves, and the others about fighting in the Borderlands: the need for a person to commit violence to protect the people he loved.  And Perrin will be with them all season. There is plenty of time for Perrin to receive training from them, and he is already an intimidating natural warrior due to his size and physical strength anyway.

I think there is a good chance he fights High Lord Turok at the end of the season for the same reason that Egwene and Nynaeve fought the army of trollocs in Tarwin's Gap.  The show is focusing very much on how (per Memory of Light), this is really about All of them. Not just Rand.  That means that the others of the EF 5 get to have the season-climax hero moments, not just Rand.  And they're doing this by splitting it up. 

So instead of Rand fighting the Foresaken/Dark One AND the trolloc army, they gave Egwene and Nynaeve the hero moment of fighting the Trolloc Army while Rand takes the Foresaken still. 
Since E&N had an early big hero season climax, and Perrin and Mat have not, in Season 2, I think they'll do the same thing. Mat is already taken care of: He blows the Horn of Valere and effectively defeats the Seanchen...certainly a big hero moment.  Rand is the only one who can fight Ishy in the sky and be revealed as the Dragon Reborn, so he definitely gets that big hero victory...possibly made even bigger by taking Callendor as well depending on how they do it. 

Which means Perrin is the last of the EF5 who needs a big hero season climax moment.  What better way for him to show him choosing, for the moment, the way of the Warrior, than by him defeating High Lord Turok and claiming his place as a Warrior?   It's how you show this conflict, Ax vs. Hammer, that they will be playing out visually through the whole series.  From Perrin hammering Ilya's wagon with a hammer and deciding /not/ to take the ax with him in Fal Dara when he went to look for Fain, to him embracing the Ax and using it to fight...White Cloaks, or Turok, or, IMO, both...that shows all that internal conflict externally on the screen.

In other words, everything that was bad about showing training in season 1 is good now in season 2.

In the books that are being combined for this season of the show, all of them (the boys AND the girls) had their "hero moments."  There is no need to take one away from Rand just to invent one for Perrin.

Also, if Prophecy is being downplayed as much as you believe, why even try to film the fight in the sky?  How is that going to happen if Rand never learns how to use his sword?  Why even have Callandor?  If the Aiel are going to be in Falme, why include Tear at all?

On 5/19/2022 at 8:20 AM, DojoToad said:

Wondering if Turok will fight any of them. None of them showed any real skill with weapons. Perrin could swing the axe hard, but that is different than skill. You’re guess Is as likely as any. 

Perrin has an Axe?

21 hours ago, Andra said:

In other words, everything that was bad about showing training in season 1 is good now in season 2.

As in, there is much less time-crunch in S2 than S1 and it can be done more off-screen because there are more days together between the trainers and the trainees? Yes.  I don't know if it will happen, but there's more opportunity.

In the books that are being combined for this season of the show, all of them (the boys AND the girls) had their "hero moments."  There is no need to take one away from Rand just to invent one for Perrin.

What climatic moment for Perrin would you include for Perrin from Books 1-3?  His biggest climax moment is at the top of Dragon Reborn rescuing Faile from a dreamworld, which isn't a big 'strike for the light' moment, and also would be really difficult to film inlcude at all and will probably be cut.

Also, if Prophecy is being downplayed as much as you believe, why even try to film the fight in the sky?  How is that going to happen if Rand never learns how to use his sword?  Why even have Callandor?  If the Aiel are going to be in Falme, why include Tear at all?

I didn't say Prophecy would be downplayed. I said Prophecy might be changed and who knows what the Prophecies will be yet.  They may cut Tear entirely. They may cut Callandor.  They may do something differently.  I don't think they want to cut it all, and I think the overall big structure of the whole thing requires a moment where the whole /world/ finds out Rand Al'Thor is the Dragon Reborn at this point in the story. A Fight in the Sky is well suited to that kind of mass-knowledge.  But nothing about that advertising requires Rand to be a super-good Swordsman either.  We'll see.

Overall, these are just my guesses and my reasoning. 

Edited by WhiteVeils

1 hour ago, WhiteVeils said:

As in, there is much less time-crunch in S2 than S1 and it can be done more off-screen because there are more days together between the trainers and the trainees? Yes.  I don't know if it will happen, but there's more opportunity.

It could have been done off-screen in S1.  Maybe one or two 15-second scenes (even in the background) with Lan showing the boys some moves.  A quick comment by Moiraine approving of the training.  Done. 

Then they would have been ahead of the game for S2.

• Community Administrator
45 minutes ago, DojoToad said:

It could have been done off-screen in S1.  Maybe one or two 15-second scenes (even in the background) with Lan showing the boys some moves.  A quick comment by Moiraine approving of the training.  Done. 

I'm still waiting for the super-rafe cut where each episode is a 90 minutes.

49 minutes ago, DojoToad said:

They could have done that, but if you look at the timeline, there were a total of 11 days between the time they flee the Two Rivers (and the end of Episode 1) and the time they reach Shadar Logoth where they separate and are no longer together (End of episode 2).  There are 6 days between the time they reunite at the Ways and the time Rand leaves for the Eye in episode 8.  The maximum of days of Real Time that they had together to train was, absolutely at most 17 days...17 days of being exhausted, on the run, and being pursued by monsters or in the Ways, with Lan distracted caring for Moiraine wounded and Rand figuring out he's the Dragon Reborn. Even Lan can't teach Rand to be a swordmaster in 17 days.  That would feel ridiculous.

The only time, on screen, the could have hinted that there would be training would be in the early part of Episode 2, around the same place as the of the Weep for Manatheren scene.  I'm kind of glad they kept the other scenes instead.

In Season 2, I don't know how it will go, but Perrin can be with Ingtar for a long time...all the time it takes to get from Fal Dara to Tomen Head. That's months.  I don't know when or how Rand will be trained, or if he will at all.  It depends on how long he is together with someone who can train him.

It's not only the screen time that prevents them from training in S1. It's how much /in story/ time S1 covers where Lan and Rand are together.