DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Season 2 casting announcements

DaddyFinn

https://www.wotseries.com/2021/12/26/season-two-cast-melissa-james-jessica-boone-more/

NewCastSpeculation.jpg

Cast Member: Melissa James

Melissa James is an experienced actor from the United Kingdom with numerous roles in theatre and on television. She has been cast as the role of “Elnore Snr” for season two. Elnore is the name of Nynaeve’s mother in the books, possibly hinting that we may see a flashback in season two of Nynaeve’s parents.

Cast Member: Jessica Boone

Jessica Boone is a classically trained actor and voice actor from America who is currently based out of Prague, Czechia. She is the co-director of the Prague Shakespeare Company alongside her husband and fellow Wheel of Time actor, Guy Roberts. In addition to her numerous theatre roles and voice acting work in anime, she also has had roles in television and movies, including recent roles in Das Boot and The Defeated. She recently wrapped work on television series Dangerous Liaisons and movie Chevalier, both filmed in the Czech Republic.

*snip*

Her specific character is unknown, however, she was seen with the side of her head shaved in August of 2021.

Speculation: Isaiah Hodges

Isaiah Hodges is an actor, stuntman, and photographer from Arizona, USA who is currently living in Paris. He has previously appeared in season one of Emily in Paris. The actor moved to Prague for two months from latter-July until September. He was also spotted in Ostuni, Italy “for work” near the end of September. This is the same time frame that The Wheel of Time was shooting in the Puglia region of Italy. He was also scheduled to return to the Czech Republic two more times within November and December 2021, though at least one of those trips was canceled.

It’s possible that Hodges may just be friends with some of the cast and crew of The Wheel of Time, however, it seems more likely that he has a role in season two.

Speculation: Karima McAdams

*snip*

On August 23rd, 2021, McAdams was abroad from London in order to start shooting on a secretive new series. Not much information beyond this is known; however, she is the same height as the body double used to stand in for a character we are quite certain is Selene (see tweet below for more information). Additionally, Sara spotted that McAdams is followed on social media by Ishamael actor, Fares Fares.

18 minutes ago, Skipp said:

Which members of the Seanchan only shave one side of their heads?!?!

All of the members of the blood can shave part of their head, from Domon's little bit off the ear, the Tuon being bald. the more the shave, the higher the rank.

Suroth would be my first choice, unless they intro Tuon and her court this early.

Edited by Jaysen Gore

From the wotseries article. The bolded part is interesting

Fares Fares, as mentioned earlier, was revealed to be Ishamael all along in the season finale. He is a Swedish-Lebanese actor who made his acting debut in 2000 in the movie Jalla! Jalla! Since then, he’s appeared in numerous movies and television series, including Zero Dark Thirty (with Lews Therin Telamon actor, Alexander Karim), Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Westworld, and Chernobyl.

What are the odds? ?

On 12/6/2021 at 8:03 PM, DaddyFinn said:

Just to come back to this so doesn't this confirm that 

Spoiler

all the the people Fain "kills" in that room are coming back? Seeing as we already know Loial is. Can only assume that the dagger works totally different like that but you'd think even if it just worked like a regular dagger the Fain would have been able to kill at least one of them.

3 minutes ago, SingleMort said:

Reveal hidden contents

all the the people Fain "kills" in that room are coming back? Seeing as we already know Loial is. Can only assume that the dagger works totally different like that but you'd think even if it just worked like a regular dagger the Fain would have been able to kill at least one of them.

He did.

Spoiler

Yakota buys it; Loial and Uno both survive.

6 hours ago, SingleMort said:

Hide contents

Maybe Fain didn't want them dead? The bad guys work in mysterious ways in WoT ?

8 minutes ago, DaddyFinn said:

Maybe Fain didn't want them dead? The bad guys work in mysterious ways in WoT ?

I mean okay.... ? I usually don't feel the need to stab people that I don't want dead but guess that's just one of my many crazy whacky traits ?

Edited by SingleMort

1 hour ago, SingleMort said:

I mean okay.... ? I usually don't feel the need to stab people that I don't want dead but guess that's just one of my many crazy whacky traits ?

That prevents Perrin from following them immediately and who knows what happens to Loial if he was stabbed with The Dagger. Maybe it was supposed to be Mat?

1 minute ago, DaddyFinn said:

That prevents Perrin from following them immediately and who knows what happens to Loial if he was stabbed with The Dagger. Maybe it was supposed to be Mat?

Lol I think we are going down a slippery slope with this if we are saying Fain planned the whole thing ? For that to work we would have to assume that Fain knew Perrin would walk in at that precise moment not 5 minutes before to help fight off Fain attacking the others and not 30 mins later when everyone has bled to death. IMO it would have worked better if there was a physical barrier between them (eg: a window with bars or a fire) something that would prevent either of them attacking the other. As for the stabbings I'm assuming we'll have to do something similar than they did for Nyneave and go down the Princess Bride route of "They were only mostly dead" ?

9 hours ago, Jaysen Gore said:

He did.

Hide contents

Yakota buys it; Loial and Uno both survive.

Poor Yakota. I thought he had real leadership qualities.

Just to be clear, I'm just being silly here. I have no idea where this character came from. Was he in the book? Regardless, I can't wait for Uno to eulogize him like Lan with Stepin. Hopefully we get the uncensored version.

Edited by Chivalry

29 minutes ago, Chivalry said:

Poor Yakota. I thought he had real leadership qualities.

Just to be clear, I'm just being silly here. I have no idea where this character came from. Was he in the book? Regardless, I can't wait for Uno to eulogize him like Lan with Stepin. Hopefully we get the uncensored version.

The actor of Yakota was supposed to be Ingtar but he moved to Disney's Willow and Ingtar's role had to be recast and so he was named Yakota for this season. We'll get Ingtar in season 2

Fain had three jobs in Fal Dara: recruit Ingtar (actor goes awol, recast), stab Mat (actor goes awol, recast) and steal Horn of Valere.

Instead, he stabbed a noname brand, and tossed up dialog with a slackjawed tinker wannabe.

Thank goodness the horn honored it's contractual obligations, otherwise Fain would have been properly upset.

Re-reading TGH atm so I can say that a Trolloc attack on Fal Dara, including Myrrdrael occurred  while the Amyrlin Seat and a dozen Aes Sedai were there and in the same chapter Padan Fain was broken out of the dungeons.   And as we likely all know both the Horn of Valere and the Shadar Logoth dagger were taken.

Chp 6 Dark Prophecy makes me appreciate even more how well intended the execution of Ep 8 was meant (even if it fell a little flat in a few areas).

Oh and they could have killed both Egwene and Mat but didn't.   

Edited by ArrylT

• 3 months later...

Rumors that these 4 actors have been cast for WoT season 2. Speculation that they might be playing Brigitte, Aviendha, Gawyn and possibly Alviarin.

https://www.wotseries.com/2022/03/30/morocco-updates-and-cast-speculation/

RagnarsSmartDuffyMendesJones-1024x576.jpg

Ragga looks so much like my head cannon Brigitte it's not even funny.  Especially if you have seen her with the braid she sported in Vikings.

Ayoola wouldn't be exactly as how I pictured Avi but looks close enough. Especially if they are focusing on the Red Hair being a defining feature of the Aiel like Thom mentioned.  Funnily enough she is Irish so she should fit right into being an Aiel.

Jay could certainly pull off Gawyn just from his looks, don't have much else to say.

Xelia as Alviarin could certainly look but I must admit when I first saw the picture of her with her short dark hair my mind immediately came up with a wild, WILD theory, Galad.  Whether they gender flip the character, have him be a trans character or just have a Woman play him as Male to represent his described nearly Feminine features that headshot is nearly exactly how I pictured Galad in my head.

Of course this is all speculation, nothing has been confirmed.  It is possible that none of these actors have actually been cast for the show.

Edited by Skipp

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2022 at 1:02 AM, Skipp said:

Rumors that these 4 actors have been cast for WoT season 2. Speculation that they might be playing Brigitte, Aviendha, Gawyn and possibly Alviarin.

https://www.wotseries.com/2022/03/30/morocco-updates-and-cast-speculation/

RagnarsSmartDuffyMendesJones-1024x576.jpg

Ragga looks so much like my head cannon Brigitte it's not even funny.  Especially if you have seen her with the braid she sported in Vikings.

Ayoola wouldn't be exactly as how I pictured Avi but looks close enough. Especially if they are focusing on the Red Hair being a defining feature of the Aiel like Thom mentioned.  Funnily enough she is Irish so she should fit right into being an Aiel.

Jay could certainly pull off Gawyn just from his looks, don't have much else to say.

Xelia as Alviarin could certainly look but I must admit when I first saw the picture of her with her short dark hair my mind immediately came up with a wild, WILD theory, Galad.  Whether they gender flip the character, have him be a trans character or just have a Woman play him as Male to represent his described nearly Feminine features that headshot is nearly exactly how I pictured Galad in my head.

Of course this is all speculation, nothing has been confirmed.  It is possible that none of these actors have actually been cast for the show.

Aviendha now confirmed as above. 

Really not how I pictured any of the Aiel and considering they are meant to have a single consistent look across the entire race, to the extent that it is constantly commented upon by many people about some random lad in a village, it makes the consistency and believability a bit off. 

It’s not even like the Aiel had a melting pot effect brought about by the breaking, they were described as a homogenous race before the Breaking and haven’t had any immigration for 3,000 years, so would remain very homogenous. 

45 minutes ago, Meskell said:

Aviendha now confirmed as above. 

Really not how I pictured any of the Aiel and considering they are meant to have a single consistent look across the entire race, to the extent that it is constantly commented upon by many people about some random lad in a village, it makes the consistency and believability a bit off. 

It’s not even like the Aiel had a melting pot effect brought about by the breaking, they were described as a homogenous race before the Breaking and haven’t had any immigration for 3,000 years, so would remain very homogenous. 

Not exactly how I pictured Aviendha but I can get behind this casting.  While in the books the Aiel are generally paler they are described as having "Sun-dark" faces and her skin tone certainly matches that.  Her hair has enough of a red tinge for that to work out as well.

But even the show mentioned that hair colour and dress are going to be the big factors in determining where someone is from more than other features. 

It will be interesting to see what they do with the Madiens hairstyle.  As described they have short hair with rat tails but that never seemed to take root in my head.

While I haven't seen anything she has been in Jon from Wot up seems to think she has the chops.  Honestly the biggest strength of the show has been the casting, aside from some side chaaracters(looking at you Bran), so I don't have any worry there.

51 minutes ago, Skipp said:

Not exactly how I pictured Aviendha but I can get behind this casting.  While in the books the Aiel are generally paler they are described as having "Sun-dark" faces and her skin tone certainly matches that.  Her hair has enough of a red tinge for that to work out as well.

But even the show mentioned that hair colour and dress are going to be the big factors in determining where someone is from more than other features. 

It will be interesting to see what they do with the Madiens hairstyle.  As described they have short hair with rat tails but that never seemed to take root in my head.

While I haven't seen anything she has been in Jon from Wot up seems to think she has the chops.  Honestly the biggest strength of the show has been the casting, aside from some side chaaracters(looking at you Bran), so I don't have any worry there.

Sun dark I took to mean as incredibly pale but with a tan from being in the sun all the time. The Irish/Scottish farmer colouring. 

With the other cultures I can definitely get on board with the idea that it’s clothing and mannerisms but the Aiel physical characteristics are a huge determining factor throughout the books. The whole point is that random people believe they can tell an Aiel from a persons physical characteristics i.e. Rand, regardless of what they are wearing at the time. 

For consistency it doesn’t really bother me if Rand was white, black, Asian etc as long as he was abnormally tall and red haired, with the rest of the Aiel race having a similar look. 

I appreciate that showrunners want to include diversity in modern shows, even when I think the implementation isn’t how I would have interpreted it, but there still should be a thought for in world consistency. 

26 minutes ago, Meskell said:

Sun dark I took to mean as incredibly pale but with a tan from being in the sun all the time. The Irish/Scottish farmer colouring. 

With the other cultures I can definitely get on board with the idea that it’s clothing and mannerisms but the Aiel physical characteristics are a huge determining factor throughout the books. The whole point is that random people believe they can tell an Aiel from a persons physical characteristics i.e. Rand, regardless of what they are wearing at the time. 

For consistency it doesn’t really bother me if Rand was white, black, Asian etc as long as he was abnormally tall and red haired, with the rest of the Aiel race having a similar look. 

I appreciate that showrunners want to include diversity in modern shows, even when I think the implementation isn’t how I would have interpreted it, but there still should be a thought for in world consistency. 

Aiel are certainly described as Tall, pale, Red/fair haired people but ultimately in the grand design of the thing their paleness is not what makes them unique.  Many people of the westlands are pale to very pale but that is not what people mention with Rand.  Aside from the time that Elaida says he is too pale to be from the TR, other than that it is always his hair/height and sometimes eye colour.  Not to mention that Rand is only half Aiel so any inconsistencies with his skin colour can be attributed to this mother. 

The show has already mentioned that they are going to focus more on hair, clothing and accents rather other details.  So considering that Ayoola is 5'10-5'11, has red hair and is from Ireland(hoping they use that accent for the Aiel) she does meet the requirement for the Aiel.

Now if the show comes around and the Aiel turn out to be super diverse, tall and short Bright Red and Dark black hair being common then I will be certainly disappointed.  But the performances matter more than the looks to me.

11 minutes ago, Skipp said:

Aiel are certainly described as Tall, pale, Red/fair haired people but ultimately in the grand design of the thing their paleness is not what makes them unique.  Many people of the westlands are pale to very pale but that is not what people mention with Rand.  Aside from the time that Elaida says he is too pale to be from the TR, other than that it is always his hair/height and sometimes eye colour.  Not to mention that Rand is only half Aiel so any inconsistencies with his skin colour can be attributed to this mother. 

The show has already mentioned that they are going to focus more on hair, clothing and accents rather other details.  So considering that Ayoola is 5'10-5'11, has red hair and is from Ireland(hoping they use that accent for the Aiel) she does meet the requirement for the Aiel.

Now if the show comes around and the Aiel turn out to be super diverse, tall and short Bright Red and Dark black hair being common then I will be certainly disappointed.  But the performances matter more than the looks to me.

Rationalize away, but Aiel always look the same. The actors playing Rand and Aviendah do not - even taking into account Rand being a half-breed