DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Season 2 casting announcements

DaddyFinn

6 hours ago, Jaccsen said:

I am not sure you can call her hair red. It is brown. I have seen 1-2 photos that make it appear reddish brown.

It really does not matter. The casting does not bother me. The bother is the horribly bad writing and the fact that she should not even appear in season 2. 

Here are the hair colors of Ayoola and Rand in the show side by side under similar light.

image.png

Here's in some brighter light so you know it's not just dim light.

image.png.e6c2696848ab85ae5f9cd2f18bdc8253.png

Edited by WhiteVeils

8 hours ago, WhiteVeils said:

Yeah.  Like, y'all are talking here like it's anything other than the /texture/ of her hair you have a problem with.  It's naturally red, it's almost the exact same hue as Rand's hair if you look at it in photographs that are properly lit, and that's her natural hair color.  Her skin is lighter than many tanned caucasians, by far, including several members of my family. Jordan says parts of her under her clothes are paler than other parts of her, but are folks really complaining about what they think she'll look like naked? No.  She has brown eyes, but so does the actress who plays Elayne and nobody complained about her casting. The only thing that is not what people thought is her hair texture, and Jordan never mentions Aviendha's hair texture at all.

And as for the whole complaining about fight choreography, it is clear from reading the notes here, that all these 'back seat directors' don't know anything about fight choreography for film and screen.  Your cheap martial artist doesn't know anything about camera angles, repetitive stress injuries for actors, accident mitigation, and a ton of other things.  It just sounds foolish.

Rather than trying to feel superior with a long winded post, just say that you think people are racist because they request in world consistency. 

As I have said, I don’t care what race the Aiel are but more than any other in Randland, they should be a single discernible race so that they can be picked out as an Aiel regardless of what they are wearing. 

Same as the Seafolk should all be very dark black skinned by the descriptions in the book. If they are recast as white or Asian it doesn’t feel like it would make sense but provided they were a single race I’m happy to go with it. 

There is a strong place for diversity and I have come round to accepting mainland diversity due to explanations like the Breaking but certain closed off races should be homogenous.  

Genetically in the real world there's no such thing as race.  Took anthropology in college and you find out really early on that the single consistent physical feature that maps most closely to what we call 'race' is the consistency of your earwax.  Hair color, skin color, hair texture, eye shape, physiology....all those markers are broad spectrums that spread across what we call races. And that's the real world, without a Breaking of the world.  In Robert Jordan's books, the great majority of Aiel were red haired, but there were gold haired, white haired, and black haired Aiel, and he never said anything about hair texture for any of them.

8 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

Steven Seagal.

Vs

The Seagal scene is terrible but the WoT scene is terrible as well just slightly less so. The effects as he kills the trolloc behind Moiraine are just embarrassing. If you pause it at around 59 seconds the lighting is all over the place and the characters looks like they have been pasted onto the screen. Lots of moments where the trollocs appear to be waiting for him to strike and the terrible scene of the villagers attack. 

Edited by Mailman

50 minutes ago, DaddyFinn said:

Ayoola-Smart-is-in-the-Cast-of-the-Season.thumb.jpg.6afb01ec738d7909dee5af92bbe42937.jpg

I really don't see why she couldn't be "a sun tanned aiel redhead". 

The hair definitely has a reddish hue to it. No problem there.

She does look to be light weight wise hardly not what I would think of when I imagine a rigorously trained warrior. 

Edited by Mailman

53 minutes ago, Mailman said:

The hair definitely has a reddish hue to it. No problem there.

She does look to be light weight wise hardly not what I would think of when I imagine a rigorously trained warrior. 

I don't recall the aiel women being described as particularly muscular. Lean and hard, not "big". Of course, that picture is not from the WoT shoots and who knows how much she has trained for the role. WAFO, I guess.

3 hours ago, DaddyFinn said:

I don't recall the aiel women being described as particularly muscular. Lean and hard, not "big". Of course, that picture is not from the WoT shoots and who knows how much she has trained for the role. WAFO, I guess.

Not suggesting that they are huge but she looks lighter than someone who spends years training in hand to hand combat and spear combat.

She may have put on some muscle for the role so will be wait and see, but won't be happy if she looks like a runway model and is involved in combat scenes.

1 hour ago, Mailman said:

Not suggesting that they are huge but she looks lighter than someone who spends years training in hand to hand combat and spear combat.

She may have put on some muscle for the role so will be wait and see, but won't be happy if she looks like a runway model and is involved in combat scenes.

I think it's rare that actresses are actually "realistically muscular" when playing a warrior role. 

I guess Ygritte from GoT is a close comparison to Aviendha and she was quite slim. Pictures can be found easily.

Edited by DaddyFinn

On 4/27/2022 at 3:51 PM, Jaccsen said:

I am not sure you can call her hair red. It is brown. I have seen 1-2 photos that make it appear reddish brown.

It really does not matter. The casting does not bother me. The bother is the horribly bad writing and the fact that she should not even appear in season 2. 

She is in Dragon Reborn which is in

the 2 books covered in Season 2  .There is not going to be 14 seasons

Her,her cousin .Bael ,Jolene and Chiad and Rhuarc meets the girls on their way south and fight the Mydraal

9 hours ago, Mailman said:

She is 5'10"

here her next to Lilly Collins who is 5'4 / 5'5

https://64.media.tumblr.com/e4fce86de300ef1b454f63b7ee3c7aff/tumblr_pr7j89tvXy1tev19eo1_500.jpg

5 hours ago, Humbugged2 said:

She is 5'10"

here her next to Lilly Collins who is 5'4 / 5'5

https://64.media.tumblr.com/e4fce86de300ef1b454f63b7ee3c7aff/tumblr_pr7j89tvXy1tev19eo1_500.jpg

Height wise she is above average for women, which is good, its more that she looks very light on muscle wise. Again she way have done some work for the role but seeing the person in that photo as a hardened professional warrior is not easy. Her arms and shoulders in particular look very slim.

See the source image

More  like what i would like to see

Edited by Mailman

5 hours ago, Humbugged2 said:

She is in Dragon Reborn which is in

the 2 books covered in Season 2  .There is not going to be 14 seasons

Her,her cousin .Bael ,Jolene and Chiad and Rhuarc meets the girls on their way south and fight the Mydraal

It's possible she's in The Great Hunt - briefly, and not identified by name.  As the youngest of the three Maidens encountered in Stedding Tsofu when they go there to ask permission to use their Waygate.

She and her party have recently been attacked by Cairhienin when they meet the Girls.  And Tsofu is the closest Stedding.

It wouldn't be at all surprising (if the scene remains in the show) for Aviendha to be the one who reacts with disgust at seeing Rand wearing a sword.

3 hours ago, Mailman said:

Height wise she is above average for women, which is good, its more that she looks very light on muscle wise. Again she way have done some work for the role but seeing the person in that photo as a hardened professional warrior is not easy. Her arms and shoulders in particular look very slim.

See the source image

More  like what i would like to see

Who the actress ?

So one actress who trained for a role is better then another actress who is currently training role a role ?And we have no idea what she looks like now after training for a year as we have not seen her

See the before and after shots of Chris Evans

https://external-preview.redd.it/KLMMmjZ6ER69KDKjiDsYp5fzKJ2IyzJjVTbIM0NeT2U.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=62d5fa671f178535591faa0262401c1fc6ce1114

1 minute ago, Humbugged2 said:

Who the actress ?

So one actress who trained for a role is better then another actress who is currently training role a role ?And we have no idea what she looks like now after training for a year as we have not seen her

See the before and after shots of Chris Evans

https://external-preview.redd.it/KLMMmjZ6ER69KDKjiDsYp5fzKJ2IyzJjVTbIM0NeT2U.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=62d5fa671f178535591faa0262401c1fc6ce1114

If you actually read my post you would see that i said she may have done some work for the WoT and that would be allow her to be accurate for the role, my comments where from the pictures that i have seen of her before landing this role and those pictures she looks a bit skinny for the character.

9 minutes ago, Mailman said:

If you actually read my post you would see that i said she may have done some work for the WoT and that would be allow her to be accurate for the role, my comments where from the pictures that i have seen of her before landing this role and those pictures she looks a bit skinny for the character.

Well Chris Evans was not Captain America ,Hemsworth looked nothing like Thor so they should never have been cast then going by your standard

famous-actors-body-transformations-befor

And once again who is that actress ?

15 minutes ago, Mailman said:

What?

Do you mean Ayoola Smart?

Or do you mean Emily Blunt in Edge of Tomorrow.

So one actress who had gone thu training to look like that and one was not trainining to do action roles which you were commenting on . One it doing an action movie and one is filming a period piece set in Paris in 1790

And if Emily was 15 years younger and had 5 extra inches of height she would be just the woman

usa-emily-blunt-in-a-scene-from-cfox-200

So Hemsworth and Evans would never have been cast by you  ($ 4-6 bill in) as they were not training ,starving themselves to be a Super at all times 2 years before getting the role

Edited by Humbugged2

1 hour ago, Humbugged2 said:

So one actress who had gone thu training to look like that and one was not trainining to do action roles which you were commenting on . One it doing an action movie and one is filming a period piece set in Paris in 1790

And if Emily was 15 years younger and had 5 extra inches of height she would be just the woman

usa-emily-blunt-in-a-scene-from-cfox-200

So Hemsworth and Evans would never have been cast by you  ($ 4-6 bill in) as they were not training ,starving themselves to be a Super at all times 2 years before getting the role

You are being stupid.

Get over it i already said if she has put on more physical condition for the role i have no problem with her look.

If i was hiring her, just as if i was looking at hiring Hemsworth or Evans, then it would have come with a requirement to have the physical appearance compatible with the role.

9 hours ago, Mailman said:

You are being stupid.

Get over it i already said if she has put on more physical condition for the role i have no problem with her look.

If i was hiring her, just as if i was looking at hiring Hemsworth or Evans, then it would have come with a requirement to have the physical appearance compatible with the role.

Thank God we are lucky that  Marvel has Sarah Finn instead of Mailman  . Mailman no monetary record with casting , Sarah Finn helped put $25 billion in the bank for Disney and  that is just the films

Edited by Humbugged2

• Community Administrator
19 hours ago, Mailman said:

She also didn't work out 5 minutes before the picture (or film) was taken to make her muscles "pop" for the camera.

A lot of people don't seem to know that you kinda have to "exercise" before a photo to show off muscle definition...

*Edited to clarify*

54 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

She also didn't work out 5 minutes before the picture (or film) was taken to make her muscles "pop" for the camera.

Apparently, people don't know that you kinda have to "exercise" before a photo to show off muscle definition...

And starved yourself for days before you film it . So saying AS does not have the definintion is blind ignorance . And we have no idea what she looks like now, the shot I posted was her 5 years ago she could be doing the Marvel makeover as demonstrated in the Chris Evans shots .Mailman to cast all Marvel roles now as Sarah does not know what she is doing   /s

9 hours ago, Humbugged2 said:

Thank God we are lucky that  Marvel has Sarah Finn instead of Mailman  . Mailman no monetary record with casting , Sarah Finn helped put $25 billion in the bank for Disney and  that is just the films

WTF are you talking about.

You even posted photos of the actors before they where cast for the roles and then they bulked up after getting the roles. As I have said ad nauseam if she does the same I have no issues with her in the role. All I have said is that at the moment she appears a bit slight for the role which can be rectified. 

Tom Hiddleston originally auditioned for the role of Thor I'm sure that he would not have have been allowed to go to production in that role with the physique of Loki.