DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Interviews and News Articles

WhiteVeils

17 hours ago, Guire said:

I have a very long commute to one of my jobs. One of my jobs has lots of dead time where I can have something playing on my laptop but need to be immediately available to work.  So rewatching something i have seen before is perfect.  Watching or listening to new content when i am constantly interrupted sucks.  Im years past I frequently would have a WoT book with me and reread.  

If you like it, watch it a hundred times.  Watching something that doesn’t click with you speaks of desperation to me. Why not watch something that you actually enjoy? But, from another perspective, I kind of get where you’re coming from. I think that is why I remain on these forums, I really want to like the show as well.  I read that the fight choreography will be much better than S1.  So I'm desperately waiting for more good news myself…

Edited by DojoToad

This is fascinating. Some graphs from the article linked above:

e1b386_2dac1dbae0a74b00a4a41f23292e693e_mv2.webp.1d6482fc409f56d6307be115ef80545c.webp

e1b386_5ec89494eab94e3187513c290f761198_mv2.webp

Rand Perrin and Egwene are the three of the EF5 with the most screentime, which matches with the books where they're the 3 with the most POVs. The big discrepancy is Moiraine and Lan, who get significantly more screentime than they do in the books. This makes sense as the show has made them the protagonists of season 1. I wonder if Mat would have ranked higher if Barney hadn't left, too.

ETA: Full series POV breakdown for comparison:

Screenshot_20220620-103758_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c36357e08cf3fa74c7c7cf6c7760129a.jpg

Edited by Nik

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://press.amazonstudios.com/us/en/press-release/prime-video-announces-programming-block-and-consum

Rings of Power and Wheel of Time joint panel for NYCC

• Panel: Prime Video Presents: The Wheel of Time & The Lord of The Rings: The Rings of Power
    About: Prime Video presents a dream programming block for the fantasy fan, when The Wheel of Time and The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power take to New York Comic Con’s Empire Stage for back-to-back panels with series talent from each show.
    When: Friday, October 7 at 4:15 p.m. EDT
    Where: Empire Stage

The Wheel of Time
    : Following their season-long adventure that culminated in a showdown with The Dark One and the shocking reveal of The Dragon Reborn’s identity, the cast and creative team behind The Wheel of Time will assemble in New York for their first in-person Comic Con. Join series stars and showrunner Rafe Judkins as they reflect back on their Season One journey, both on and off screen, as well as drop a few hints of what audiences can anticipate from the hotly anticipated second season.
    The Wheel of Time Socials: Twitter and Instagram: @TheWheelOfTime; Facebook:
    /TheWheelOfTimeOfficial; #TheWheelOfTime

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power
    : The cast of The Lord of The Rings: The Rings of Power welcome all fans at New York Comic Con to join them for an in-depth panel discussion about the first seven episodes of this critically acclaimed show. Beginning in a time of relative peace, The Rings of Power follows an ensemble cast of characters as they confront the reemergence of evil to Middle-earth. From the darkest depths of the Misty Mountains, to the majestic forests of Lindon, to the breathtaking island kingdom of Númenor, to the furthest reaches of the map, these kingdoms and characters will carve out legacies that live on long after they are gone.  
    The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power Social: Instagram/Twitter/Facebook: @LOTRonPrime, #TheRingsofPower

Interesting that they are tying the panels together.  Not a bad idea considering how much of a viewing boost WoT seems to be getting from end of episode suggestions from RoP.  Hopefully we get some season 2 news!

• Community Administrator
7 hours ago, DojoToad said:

“The shocking reveal of the Dragon Reborn’s identity.” 🤣

Will definitely be looking forward to whatever tidbits they drop for us. Been a while…

Sorry, can't help myself.

16 minutes ago, CaddySedai said:

people do forget that SOME of the audience might not have read the books so there is an off possibility the reveal was shocking. Since they do lean so hard into the other characters 😛

Some?  I imagine that MOST of the audience haven't read the books.  Who does that anymore?  And I think it was said that they were leaning into non-readers with how the show was written.  I would be curious to know how many non-readers were shocked by Rand's designation as the Dragon.

Guess it would have been more shocking for us (readers) had someone other than Rand been named.

1 hour ago, DojoToad said:

Some?  I imagine that MOST of the audience haven't read the books.  Who does that anymore?  And I think it was said that they were leaning into non-readers with how the show was written.  I would be curious to know how many non-readers were shocked by Rand's designation as the Dragon.

Guess it would have been more shocking for us (readers) had someone other than Rand been named.

I enjoy watching WoT reaction vids on youtube.  Some of the nonbook readers single out Rand early others bounce around between characters.  From what I have viewed it generally seems to be a fun mystery for the nonreaders.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, DaddyFinn said:

Nice little nugget of foreshadowing

One of my most hated scenes.

Trust the river. WTF. Great way to crack someone head open and drown. Nynaeve from the books would have despised risking someone's life for something so stupid.

It's not even foreshadowing because surrendering to Saidar allows you to control it. Surrendering to the river does not give you control.

Edited by Mailman

23 hours ago, Mailman said:

It's not even foreshadowing because surrendering to Saidar allows you to control it. Surrendering to the river does not give you control.

It must be about Nynaeve sinking to the bottom of the river inside/under the boat and "giving up" allowing her to touch saidar and breaking her block.

E. I'm sure there's more to it, I just can't put it to words. 

Edited by DaddyFinn

11 hours ago, DaddyFinn said:

It must be about Nynaeve sinking to the bottom of the river inside/under the boat and "giving up" allowing her to touch saidar and breaking her block.

E. I'm sure there's more to it, I just can't put it to words. 

There's not more to it than that. It's a shallow attempt to convey meaning to a scene that was terrible.

Nynaeve surrenders because she is about to die, if you are accepting that pushing Egwene into the river put her in mortal danger then you can make some argument of foreshadowing. However accepting that premise means that the scene of pushing young women into dangerous waters is that risky then that scene is unquestionably terrible.

Otherwise you could state that Nynaeve relaxing in a bath has the same amount of foreshadowing.

Just watched it again and the advice "trust the river" is moronic from the overhead shot you can clearly see the river swirling into rocks and being churned into white water as it hits those rocks. "Trust the river" is so stupid, a scene with absolutely no sense behind it, a scene all about some ideas the writers wanted to throw out with no regard to actual consequences within the world they are building.

Edited by Mailman

1 hour ago, Mailman said:

Just watched it again and the advice "trust the river" is moronic from the overhead shot you can clearly see the river swirling into rocks and being churned into white water as it hits those rocks.

while I agree that it was not a good scene, in their favor it is likely that previous generations of emond fielders have experimented and found exactly the right stretch of river where the current will make you miss the rock and deposit you on an easy beach.

as for putting young people in mortal danger, while it's certainly moronic to us and our values, there's lots of ancient societies with potentially deadly rites of adulthood. so it's not completely out of place