DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What Supporting Characters Are You Excited For?

JaimAybara

31 minutes ago, TheSmurf said:

It's like Robert Jordan knew my Dad personally and wrote him into the WOT as Rhuarc, so I would love to see him.

Hope Rafe doesn't change him into a cheating bastard who hides behind his troops and eats the fallen ?

While I love Rhuarc as a character, I am unfortunately aware that the man he was patterned on was just in movie theatres, so I expect some minor tweaks to his personality. Unless they get Javier Bardem to play him. That would be amusing. Like casting Sean Bean for Be'lal or something.

On 9/20/2021 at 10:37 PM, JaimAybara said:

What supporting characters do you really want to see come to life?

The ones I could think of for people to choose from but obviously are not limited to: Gaul, Talmanes, Elyas, Noal, Galad, Cadsuane, Amys, Bair, Verin, Hurin, Juilin, and Tam. 

I think all of these have the ability to really be audience favorites if done properly, but for some reason I lean towards Noal and Talmanes. 

Artur Hawkwing’s ghost

Birgette (not the doll)

One of the many “nicely plump” serving girls ??

The huge Fade at Shayol Ghul

Talmanes would be cool

The man who called himself Bors

Dobraine, he was willing to go to save Rand at Dumai Wells. ?

Ingtar. I love his final scene. I hope they do it well. 

edit

cadsuane

Edited by chri5

On 12/11/2021 at 10:50 PM, Jaysen Gore said:

While I love Rhuarc as a character, I am unfortunately aware that the man he was patterned on was just in movie theatres, so I expect some minor tweaks to his personality. Unless they get Javier Bardem to play him. That would be amusing. Like casting Sean Bean for Be'lal or something.

Who was he patterned on?

2 hours ago, templar7 said:

Yup, me too. #1 Shaidar Harran. Did I spell that right?

#2 Betrayer of hope

#3 Verin

That was his name!  Shaidar Haran.

Betrayer of Hope might be my favorite Forsaken nickname.

Edited by chri5

12 hours ago, chri5 said:

That was his name!  Shaidar Haran.

Betrayer of Hope might be my favorite Forsaken nickname.

It's up there for me too - and wouldn't I love to see "Rand"'s memory of that moment of Betrayal as a flashback scene.  Probably impossible for budget reasons, but if they could visualize even a couple of the brief tales that showed how evil and powerful the Forsaken in the Age of Legends were (The one with  the Jenn Aiel could be another), I think it would really help raise the emotional impact of the Forsaken. And let's be honest, they could use some help in that area.   

On topic, I'll go with the Aiel trio with Perrin / Faile, and I hope we get the two grumpy old women - Sorilea and Cadsuane. 

More importantly, though, I am looking forward to the Forsaken. I am really hoping they can convey the sheer level of terror they should inspire in people, while maintaining their humanity. It's not just that the devil is real, it's that he really doesn't like you. On a personal level. Small scenes like Moiraine's reaction to Lord Brend, or Min's terror at the end of tGH would help immensely. 

Well I love a lot of the second level characters so my list might be long and in no particular order:

Verin

Cadsuane,

Birgitte,

Valan Luca,

Tuon,

Lord Bashere and his wife,

Faile (coming soon)

Bain, Chiad and Gaul

Aludra (I don't think she or the illuminators makes the cut)

Mazrim Taim,

Lanfear,

Moghedian,

Rahvin/Sammael (might be combined)

Graendal (she is needed for gratuitous nudity at her place)

Demandred

Moridin,  

Shaidar Haran

Gareth Bryne

Gawayn and Galad

Domon Bayle and Egeanin

While we are at it we need to culture our audience.  need a bit more for:

Tear,

Aiel,

Sea Folk,

Seanchan

Cairhen (Daes dae'mar any one)   Doing this right might be too difficult for this show

Forsaken 

The Kin

Anyway i don't want to discuss who is a primary and secondary characters,

This post is long enough.

6 hours ago, Jaysen Gore said:

Small scenes like Moiraine's reaction to Lord Brend, or Min's terror at the end of tGH would help immensely. 

When Rand doesn’t believe Selene at first that she is Lanfear until he finds himself cut off from the Source! Just listened to that scene last night. It was great how he went from concerned for her, to concerned about her. 

3 hours ago, chri5 said:

When Rand doesn’t believe Selene at first that she is Lanfear until he finds himself cut off from the Source! Just listened to that scene last night. It was great how he went from concerned for her, to concerned about her. 

I wasn't thinking about that one, I was thinking about Min's, when Rand's out cold and Lanfear comes in to check in on him. That's terror