DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What Supporting Characters Are You Excited For?

JaimAybara

I see the correlations, blue eyes being the main one albeit not glowing. However, the value of water in societies in deserts are fairly universal. I would have to read beyond the first Dune book to see what else is similar. I do like many of the social customs that Jordan has for the Aiel. 

*Have you seen the new movie Dune yet? Excited? I think it is out overseas, but I’m not sure where about you are from.*

Edited by JaimAybara

17 minutes ago, DojoToad said:

We better get a sequel - it would suck if we only got half a book.

You never know. Plenty of properties get started and then don’t finish, but I don’t think that will happen here. But, bringing this back to Original question, who would you cast for Gaul? I thought Damian Lewis or Sam Heughan would be decent. Damian is 50 though so might be a bit old for the role moving forward. 

*or are you of them mindset just mostly go for new talent/new faces?*

Edited by JaimAybara

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/24/2021 at 3:29 PM, TheDreadReader said:

I was just watching the Dusty Wheel episode where they talked about expanding characters and this was my pick but I couldn't remember his name.   

Sullin is also someone I'm looking forward to seeing. 

I hope they have her. Because she is such an influence in Rand and Momma bear in sister clothing. She brings humor and she also brings the heart of not just the maidens but her people. I look forward to seeing what they bring for the Aiel. I mean. There are so many maidens and wise ones. Some who truly change things. Just as there are for Aes Sendai! The Trakand children and the Queen ( well before she abdication). What about  Gareth Byrne.. I was a little confused with Logaine. Will they have Taim? I can’t wait to see what comes next! 

I'm on my reread in TPoD now and I know I NEED the Black Ajah Hunters (e.g. Seaine and Pevara). Maybe they'll be different characters in the show but I just got to the part where they first catch a Black sister and it's so awesome! Pevara in particular they should keep as she is an example of an actual non-corrupt Red, and then the evolution of the Red taking Asha'man warders

Edited by Dreamwalker

On 11/27/2021 at 8:11 PM, Dreamwalker said:

I'm on my reread in TPoD now and I know I NEED the Black Ajah Hunters (e.g. Seaine and Pevara). Maybe they'll be different characters in the show but I just got to the part where they first catch a Black sister and it's so awesome! Pevara in particular they should keep as she is an example of an actual non-corrupt Red, and then the evolution of the Red taking Asha'man warders

Agree on Pevara! 

I also am looking forward to Tam, Loial, Elyas, Verin, Cadsuane, Talmanes, Sullin, and all or any of the Wise Ones, especially Amys and Sorilea. Those are like second tier from main characters, going further, I think I would say Jur Grady, Androl Genhald, Gaul, Reanne (and other kin),   any of the Atha'an Miere

I seriously hope to see: 

Verin - I love my nerdy double agent!

Cadusuane - she gets hate, but I really liked her character

Birgitte - she was so strong, funny, smart, and a great pairing with Mat

I hope they don't write out the Kin, because they were cool to me, and a part of Nyneave's character development. But for the over all plotline of the books, not a huge impact so will probably go or barely be mentioned =[