DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What Supporting Characters Are You Excited For?

JaimAybara

What supporting characters do you really want to see come to life?

The ones I could think of for people to choose from but obviously are not limited to: Gaul, Talmanes, Elyas, Noal, Galad, Cadsuane, Amys, Bair, Verin, Hurin, Juilin, and Tam. 

I think all of these have the ability to really be audience favorites if done properly, but for some reason I lean towards Noal and Talmanes. 

Edited by JaimAybara

• JaimAybara changed the title to What Supporting Characters Are You Excited For?
19 hours ago, JaimAybara said:

Also, I am very interested on how they do Hopper. I am cool with pretty much anything except for making the wolves literally talk. I think it obvious they would not do this, but one never knows.

There are dogs that talk ... Look up Bunny on yourtube, a dog talking through buttons with words. Though that would be hard to pull of in the series, I suppose.

Wolves (and dogs) talk with their facial expressions, which are so eerily human to me...

I hope Hopper will be one of my dog's faves.

21 hours ago, Elgee said:

Talmanes, Lord Dobraine, and Narishma spring to mind.

And Laras ?

21 hours ago, DojoToad said:

Talmanes for sure - taking out Fades like he's a Warder.

The great captains better be done well too, because it will take away from the awe of main characters if they aren’t surpassing impressive people. 

16 hours ago, DaddyFinn said:

Too many videos to watch. Does Bunny actually know what each button means or is he/she just trained to push the ones that the owner wants and fake the conversation?

Yes, Bunny seems to know what each button means. Or her owner is really good at editing for effect. There are more animals, cats and dogs, that are being trained to use buttons. Some more effectively than others. But Bunny's owner seems to experiment with things like awareness of time, location and associations.

I do say 'seem', because of course it is the internet and I have no independent research on how well Bunny talks. But as a dog owner, it convinced me. I know how dogs pick up language. My dog is bilingual in Dutch and English, even if his vocab is limited of course.

There is research out there about dogs' linguistic abilities and it seems to have grown out of their association with humans.

I guess this is why the wolves of WoT are so interesting to me. (Bringing it back on topic somewhat.) It would be wrong to make them 'talk' with their mouths of course. But personally I do 'feel' what my dogs is trying to communicate and if they can do that with the wolves, I'll be happy.

Hopper reminds me of my cat though. My ginger tom does not hunt, but he loves birds. My tuxedo queen (female cats are queens) loves high spaces: I bet she would love to fly.

Ingtar.  Ingtar.  and Ingtar.

That dog with buttons really does seem like it knows what it is saying.  I knew a horse trainer that had a blue heeler that had a crazy high word recognition count.  She could send her dog to get individual people that it knew or grab items for her.  She could tell it to go places and wait for her.  Pretty sure that dog could have used buttons for speech.  

Really hope we get head voice for wolves with some kind of effect to distinguish it as wolf voice.  Maybe quickly blurring images as we hear the voice showing a bit of what wolf is saying.  

Aviendha, Loial, Matt Cauthon, Amys,  her husband Roark, Well all the Aiel really! Who will play the Aiel main characters? And Aram? I love all the Edmond Fielder’s… however they have so many supporting characters. Like Elyas for Perrin. I am so excited. I started reading these books over two decades ago! I can’t wait to see the series. 

35 minutes ago, Clara said:

Aviendha, Loial, Matt Cauthon, Amys,  her husband Roark, Well all the Aiel really! Who will play the Aiel main characters? And Aram? I love all the Edmond Fielder’s… however they have so many supporting characters. Like Elyas for Perrin. I am so excited. I started reading these books over two decades ago! I can’t wait to see the series. 

He will play Aram:

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm7580109/?ref_=m_ttfcd_cl39

Ps. Rhuarc, not Roark. Sorry, had to say that. ? Glad to see you so excited ?