DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sound and visuals

Guire

On 10/9/2021 at 6:15 PM, Seaine's eyebrows said:

I really hope they include a few songs that are recognisable! The Wheel of Time turns, after all. From memory there are two songs from our time mentioned in the books, 'Toss the Feathers', and 'Upside Down and Round and Round'. It would be so cool to hear Third Age versions of First Age songs ❤️ imagine hearing Hungarian Dance No. 5 played around the Tinkers' campfire, or a gleeman in the background at an inn spinning a haunting tale about the Master of Puppets. (Side note: bardcore is a thing dontcha know ?)

I also desperately hope the Ogier war song is included! And I hope it's ferocious.

It's worked everywhere else they have stuck it.  So we need some weird chanting version of All Along the Watchtower when they enter Borderlands.  

Yes a few modern songs snuck into a tavern scene would be fun.  They need to shoot for little smiles from audience to balance out the big ups and downs they seem to be shooting for.

On 10/30/2021 at 7:05 PM, Guire said:

It's worked everywhere else they have stuck it.  So we need some weird chanting version of All Along the Watchtower when they enter Borderlands.  

Yes a few modern songs snuck into a tavern scene would be fun.  They need to shoot for little smiles from audience to balance out the big ups and downs they seem to be shooting for.

I always thought that "Hard Rain Falling", a song played in the Tinker camp when Perrin & Egwene are there, was a Dylan reference (aka A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall). 

Also the chapter title "Shelter From The Storm"

Edited by mogi68

13 minutes ago, Deadsy said:

For visuals, the trailer reactions have me totally befuddled. There's like no middle ground. People either think they're amazing or look like trash or it looks like Legend of the Seeker. I went back and watched 3 episodes of LotS and it looks terrible.

To be fair I think when comparing it to older stuff you have to take into account the "memory upscaling" we do.

I remember Diablo the game looking amazing. It looks like trash. But that is due to me remembering how good it looked "then" and upscaling it to how I expect games to look now.

Its sort of the inverse of when I got a game like Uncharted and was all WOW it looks like real life. Games will never look better. And then they immediately do :P.

12 hours ago, Elgee said:

Was just reading the section of EotW where they first encounter Machin Shin - I think Brutal Death Metal would work well for this ?

This on parts where she is singing in melodic sultry voice for mashadar/machin shin( I bet they merge them) Singing the creepy rantings in clean voice then transitioning to chaotic growls as it touches someone and feeds.  

1 minute ago, DaddyFinn said:

Part of the soundtrack is available in November 12th. 14 songs in total and some are previously released.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nOROB4l9PUUZYTZY1I1AlYJykV0pIboTs

https://open.spotify.com/album/5y6KBJLarvo96RTYCIGQ6I?si=rbaq_f-yQVeOgRT85A82HQ&utm_source=copy-link

I was able to listen to the track on the youtube link by using a VPN to Australia, it was a treat.  The Moiraine track is very interesting.  Very discordant, possibly to make you uneasy about Moiraine.

Im a fan of the tracks. Moraine is def interesting. Aes Sedai has a cool vibe and again uses the old tongue “ay-es sedai” we hear in Al’naito confirming an evolution of the word from that to the more modern “Ai Sedai”

Love how vocal heavy the soundtrack is. Cannot wait to see how it integrates to scenes. 

Noriv al Zaffid gives an example of a non vocal track and its quite lovely. Im curious what scene it will be from. Hopefully some cool scene showing the ancient symbol of the Aes Sedai. (Two Halves One Whole) 

Edited by CaddySedai

26 minutes ago, CaddySedai said:

Noriv al Zaffid gives an example of a non vocal track and its quite lovely. Im curious what scene it will be from. Hopefully some cool scene showing the ancient symbol of the Aes Sedai. (Two Halves One Whole) 

Maybe when they're dealing with Logain.

10 hours ago, CaddySedai said:

Aes Sedai has a cool vibe and again uses the old tongue “ay-es sedai” we hear in Al’naito confirming an evolution of the word from that to the more modern “Ai Sedai”

I'm pretty sure I heard saidin the lyrics of "Aes Sedai" too. More confirmation that they are not unifying the One Power?