DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

1-Shot Summer Vacation Mafia Game Thread [Standard-ish]

Hallia

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, I'm back, camping sucked, but finally got to work this morning and caught up.

After catching up, I'd say I'm liking JC a lot, and by extension both Tina and Zander.  The read on Zander is directly due to the read on Tina.  JC is more his style of questioning and digging in reminds me of many games past on JN where I kinda thought he might be scum and I was always wrong.  So I'm assuming my instinct on him is wrong again, which means he's prob town.

@Cory Caboose - most of my content came during the joke phase, which is very clear....not liking this easy push you're making at me simply because the opportunity was there and wide open.  I'm not trying to read into much or question people at that point, hence why I said I'd ramp up once I got back from camping.

At this point, I'm still not liking Krak.  Mostly because he smells, but I just don't like his early nudging at me (and you've done the same thing, Cory).

More info:

JC - explained that in my above post.

Tina/Zander - same as above

Sooh/Crusher - not enough content from Sooh to place her for me, and Crusher is almost too good to not be scum, but not good enough for me to place him town yet....hard read for me, as like with JC I usually get him wrong

Cory - I feel like the girl at the dance that keeps being stared at by some guy yet he never really comes to ask me to dance

Krak - I haven't seen anything to change me from my original course........and he DID ask for a tunnel, lol

Just now, Zanatron said:

Verb explain your me Nini read connection thingy plz?!?!?!

Sure.  You said something super specific re: reading Tina, and it is the exact same thing I use to read her for many years.....that you'd state that and not use her quirkiness as an easy push makes me thing you're town.  Let me find the exact post, hold on.

Verb I still have problems with you not earnestly trying to read Nyn, usually you're way more persistent than that before giving out a V read

I feel like that's exactly the kind of thing you forget to do as a wolf too

Just where my heads at, glgl

3 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

Verb I still have problems with you not earnestly trying to read Nyn, usually you're way more persistent than that before giving out a V read

I feel like that's exactly the kind of thing you forget to do as a wolf too

Just where my heads at, glgl

2 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

I would go as far as to say that's my exact hangup and I don't have any major problems with the rest of your posting

But it's a really big hangup for me

That's fine, I don't have a good answer for that.  When still joking around but looking to start reading folks, I usually default to a town lean on Nyn and go from there.  But you have a point there that I can't really refute, so it is what it is.

9 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

Im def willing to slowdance Verb, consider this my extended hand

Ill wait for you to coffee/speak your mind and we can go from there

Which is what i was saying while yoy were trying to hang him.

Ok, back and a few sips of iced coffee is all I needed.  Clear head, let's go.

My mistake was that I thought Zander had said something about reading Tina that made me like him for town, and it was Dice.  My sincere and humbles apologies to Dice for putting Zander in his place, lol.

So I said before going to get coffee that it was going to change my reads list, and while walking to the caf and back, I was thinking about where that left Zander for me......and then I realized he doesn't move.  He could have read my reads list, thought "ok cool, Verb has me green", and moved on.  Scum would have taken the town read happily, but townies question more - Zander specifically questioned my read between him and Tina, which is was let me catch my mistake in the first place.  That he did that actually makes me like him for town anyway, so I'm leaving him exactly where I had him in my list.

5 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

Yes trying to pressure someone you suspect is the same as no holds barred trying to lynch

You're on fire this game Z

The little barbs you're firing at Zander make me raise my eyebrows.  Now I know you could care less about my eyebrows (but they are pretty awesome), but your previous statement about being happy in a supportive role doesn't jive, to me, with this method of play.