DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

OP Weaves and Scores

Matalina

I'm hell on calculating OP Scores and I like visuals on the weaves we can do... so back in the day I made a OP score and weave calculator.... first one was javascript, second one was php...

I rewrote it for a third time and made it modern using bootstrap 4 and vue.js - mostly to test my own skills with vue.  It's a single page app but it does have an external resources... the weaves file (cause I did't want to clutter the code) so if you downloaded both of them it works on your own computer... 

https://aliciawilkerson.com/dev/op-weaves/

the old one is still up (https://aliciawilkerson.com/dev/opweaves.php)

figured I'd share now you can see all the weaves too without any numbers, and you don't have to calculate a valid strength to see what you might be able to do.

@Jagen Sedai don't wanna put more things on your plate, but maybe we could add this somewhere on the site?  :tongue:

Not sure about the best place to add it :(

But this is awesome, Thanks Mat !

Hmm. I just get an error when I fill it in, but perhaps it is because the other pages do not work. Although, it did tell me I had two spare points. Hmm.

However, we do have a simple list of weaves already up on the board, here, that you don't need to calculate anything; you just need to know your scores:

which one did you use Jagen?

The first one shouldn't give you any errors there is no form submissions...

The second one is old and will require submission and it'll error out if you don't fill in points right.

Hmm, there seems to be a [possible] error? A while ago I noticed this with my score and breakdown and had to fix it after a conversation with Chaelca (who asked those above her about it, too). My current break down for Jagen is 6-5-5-8-5 with a 33 strength. I had listed it before as 8-5-5-8-5, but that brought down my strength to 31, which I didn't intend (hence why it had to be fixed). However, your calculator seems to indicate that, indeed, I could actually have 8-5-5-8-5 without negatively effecting my strength.

Can you confirm that the equations for calculating the numbers are correct?

Edit: So apparently I did indeed make a mistake and I was reading the tables wrong the entire time. O_O

@Chaelca- uhm So I am just gonna change her numbers again if that's okay? To use the 2 unused points? Can I give Jagen a 6 in Fire, then?

Edited by Jagen Sedai

Random question relating to OP Scores, hoping someone could answer....if I want to write a new Aes Sedai bio, is it possible to get my OP score first (given it's random). I have a few ideas rattling around in my mind and some of the details will depend on the score I receive. Is that possible? I know it's kinda backward. I don't care what the score is, can I just know it and build my character around her relative strength or weakness? @Taymist @Chaelca Thoughts? Or am I being a pain? :wink: I'm just theory crafting I swear!

I think the only reason it's normally given after the bio approval, apart from ease of doing all the record keeping stuff at the same time, is because it's not something that impacts a Novice bio. They don't come in to their full potential until they're a Sister. But if you're writing a full rank bio, I can't see any reason not to provide you with the info, particularly as that might effect things like Talents or special skills.

That's just my thoughts but it's Chae's call.

Yeah it was me toying with the idea of leaning towards certain skills or talents that made me pause and go 'well actually, don't even know what will work without a score'. I'm glad my thinking isn't completely nuts, anyway. I'll wait to see what Chae says, thanks for the input. :smile:

A quick addition: in light of the delay here, I've emailed Lavinya her SBA (29) and Skill Score (31). She can update her element breakdown once she's finished deciding.

Sorry for the late reply ...busy weekend and all. I'm PMing you the scores immediately !!!!! <3

I hope the odds will be in your favor :biggrin:

Dang I didn't understand this the right way. But it's a good thing, since random.org gave me super bad scores lol

Hey @Matalina I made great use of your calculator while working on my new character concept, it's really helpful! I thought you might like to know that the 'water' number box doesn't have the nifty little arrows to raise or lower the number like the other elements do. Completely inconsequential but I thought maybe you'd like to know about it :)

• Arie locked this topic