DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tainted Minds - A Black Tower Mafia Game: Game over - Town wins

Andrej

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The facade of training continued, but a heavy air weighed over the camp with the knowledge that some had turned against the masses. The chosen Asha'man and their handpicked associates kept eyes and ears open in hopes of discovering any information, noticing any odd behaviors, finding any clue as to who had caused the deaths of so many just the day before.

In the midst of a training exercise, one of the overseers noticed a Soldier with shifty eyes and nervous posture. Before the long, the newcomer attempted to sneak away from the group as they were brought into a tight huddle for a demonstration. With a quick gesture, the overseer and another senior Dedicated peeled off and pursued. They found the Soldier not far off in the treeline, muttering to himself in an inaudible voice, and weaving a particularly nasty thread in preparation to attack the group they'd just departed from.

The madman burst into flames before he could ever unleash the torrent of destruction he had planned. Nothing remained but a pile of ashen dust where he had stood.

The Dragon Reborn was clear with his orders.

"No mercy."

Gentled Ben was lynched.

He was:

Mafia Traitor

still counts

No it doesn't.

/inb4somebodysaysCorymightbescum

some play the game for fun.

some play the game for the social environment.

some play the game for the elements of strategy.

some play to impress others. 

some play for glory, validation, renown.

me? oh no no.

it occurred to me post-flip that i wasnt going to just get hardcleared (and probably NKed quickly) by the whole game for leading that lynch. which admittedly is something i'm sort of used to. but my feelings galvanized quickly, because the truth is... i don't care.

i don't care about the townreads, the analysis, the conjecture on why people do what they do. it's not what i seek in this world.

what i live for is the thrill of the hunt. to circle my prey, let them kick and snarl and bleed. i play so that my walls are decorated with the wolf pelts of those who would feast upon me and my allies. i do not answer to you, to any other player, or to the mod; i answer only to the village.

and the village is safer today than it was yesterday.

but tomorrow,

the hunt begins anew

:flamingsword: 

still counts

No it doesn't.

/inb4somebodysaysCorymightbescum

some play the game for fun.

some play the game for the social environment.

some play the game for the elements of strategy.

some play to impress others. 

some play for glory, validation, renown.

me? oh no no.

it occurred to me post-flip that i wasnt going to just get hardcleared (and probably NKed quickly) by the whole game for leading that lynch. which admittedly is something i'm sort of used to. but my feelings galvanized quickly, because the truth is... i don't care.

i don't care about the townreads, the analysis, the conjecture on why people do what they do. it's not what i seek in this world.

what i live for is the thrill of the hunt. to circle my prey, let them kick and snarl and bleed. i play so that my walls are decorated with the wolf pelts of those who would feast upon me and my allies. i do not answer to you, to any other player, or to the mod; i answer only to the village.

and the village is safer today than it was yesterday.

but tomorrow,

the hunt begins anew

:flamingsword: 

I want to reply with the lyrics to "Time Bomb" by ATL low but I'm currently wrecking some kids in Destiny.  Can you pretend that they're here?

Still going through my re-read but wanted to put this here.  

somebody quick! I need more votes!

Is he signalling to his team that he is a traitor?

Discuss:
More likely a VT trying to draw the kill by fake signaling traitor. It doesn't feel genuine

Yeah, I would expect the traitor to breadcrumb. not drop a whole loaf and shout about it. I think he's just stirring the pot, but he could be acting outrageous in order to make people think that he couldn't possibly be that flamboyant of a wolf. I'll wait and see.