DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How much will YOU pay for AMoL?

Barmacral

Guest Barmacral

Either for a fancy leatherbound copy, or for an advance copy, how much would you be willing to pay for either of those?

Myself, not a penny, I'll happily wait until release and buy a regular hardcover.

Barm

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to sound bad here, but I probably won't pay anything for it. I don't own anything in the rest of the series, so why would I buy book 12? I will probably wait for it to get into the library and the borrow it.

I love books, but I can't justify spending $$$ on them if I can borrow them for free.

The hardest part will be avoiding all the spoilers here on the forum while i wait for it

I think I'd wait until it comes out in paperback. Either that, or look for it in one of the book outlet stores near where I live - where they sell off old stock for a big discount. I've got quite a few hardback books that way.

the problem with me is that I despise hardcopies...i´d rather take a paperback anydays if i wouldn´t have to wait even longer :roll: but an advance copy...the more advance the more pay i guess, let me say double price for 1/2 year advance...but i could easily be lying :oops:

why? *eying Barmacral suspiciously* got one? *goes to hacker friends to find out more about thread originator´s whereabouts* i´d steal one any time :lol:

or are you a secret agent trying to find out at what price you could actually sell vol.12 lol that would be a coup, just imagine, people selling house child and grandma just to be able to buy their copy...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Emperor

Ummm, I didn't buy KOD.... so.... 5 dollars.

I will pick it up when it is on the cheap racks at BandN.

Yes, I am just that salty at the books.

Guest Far Dareis Mai

I'm a collector of books, so I would most likely pay a good deal more for an advance copy. But if for some reason I couldn't, I would definately be first in line for a hardcover. For this series, money is no object. ;)

I wouldn't bother' date=' I would wait for the regular book to come out. With KoD I didn't bother getting it until it came out in paperback. They just cost to much for a 15 yr old who only has money through her job and allowance. ;)[/quote']

I never had an allowance consider yourself lucky. Then again, I didn't have to get a job until I was 18. Just focused on school and worked for my dad on Saturday. It got me the money I needed, though. Now, though, I make more than any 20 year old should be making. Sometimes it's nice having a skill.

I wouldn't pay extra for a leather-bound copy or anything like that, it just wouldn't match. I own all the books, except 10 and 11, in the small $8 paperback version, and I intend to get those two in paper back as I go through this re-read. I'll probably give the hard-cover versions to a friend of mine who has the whole series in hard-cover, or sell them to him.

I like my books to match, and having a leather-bound version would be a total waste of money because it wouldn't match and it would look awkward next to the cheap little paperbacks and it would drive me crazy.

I will get a hardcover version on release-day, and probably call in sick, and just sit and read and read and read. But I will buy the paperback version when it comes out too, so that all my books will match.

Guest Barmacral

Kait makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

And skadi, sorry, but I'm just too honest to do that. :P *Hides illegitimate copies behind his back*

Archived