DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

If you are new....WELCOME!

Jason Denzel

Hello Anna and Beslan and welcome to DM.

Look out for spoilers on the book discussion boards, Anna. Maybe avoid them until you are a bit further along in the series.

Anyone new... have a go at posting your own introductory thread on this board. Many have found there first DM friends that way. 8)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon, as well. I'm currently working my way through the series for the second time (I'm on TGH), and my favorites were TSR,TFOH, and KOD. I love Mat and Egwene, and my favorite "scenes" so far are *deleted upon reflection that they may act as spoilers for other newbies*. wow, what a waste fo typing all of THAT was. Well, get to know me, and I'll let you know which parts of the books I liked the best, should you care. I've snooped around a few other WOT sites, joined theoryland (have yet to post), and joined this site today. I've joined the White Tower org, and I'm waiting for response to my email as to how to proceed within that org. I checked out most of the Ajah message boards, and it seems that they're all pretty much dead, except for the Blue, Green, and Brown, although I had a lot of trouble getting the White page to load on my browser, so maybe it's active, and I just couldn't check it out. Anyway, as you can see, I like to ramble, and I write in one LONG paragraph; I hope there's still a place for me here. :wink:

Sorry, I'm not trying to spam the board or get cheap posting points, but I thought perhaps I should clarify that the message boards I was referring to are the off-site boards found by clicking on "links" at the White Tower org website. The Ajah boards on Dragonmount itself seem pretty active. :oops:

Thanks for taking out the spoilers, Ben... good on you to think of it 8)

If you do fancy some of those posting points...try Fiddlesticks. Lots of fun :P

• 2 weeks later...

Kia ora jase,thawt id best stop in and say my hellos,its a good feeling knowing that there are so many of us in the world and with such an excellent place in which to meet.Mr Jordans writings have given me enlightenment,direction,fascination and so many other priceless moments,inside my head was where they were,now they can be physical.

hello and welcome Mclean and Andoni :)

Andoni... happy readings! Look out for spoilers on the book discussion boards. Maybe wait until you are further along in the series before venturing there.

Hey there, I'm the new guy, all the way down from Uruguay (I might even have the honor of being the only WoT and RJ fan down here).

And... I'm NOT Demandred!! I'm just an underdeveloped character with lots of potential (though it looks like it's going to stay that way... tough luck on us False Dragons)

Be seeing ya all

Javier Chiossi.

Hi,I am Kiran which means 'a ray of sun' in my tongue which may be Greek or rather an old tongue for many of you.I belong to the land bordered by the snow mountains of Himalayas at one end and by the pristine waters of the Indian Ocean at the other. I hope to train under the wise ones through this forum and add to my weaving skills. I also hope to introduce them to cotton which wears much better in the kind of hot weather the Dark One has subjected them to in the past and also the kind they have been used to in the Aiel Waste instead of the perpetual woollens and silks they are forced to endure wearing all the time!!

Hey everyone (well whoever checks this thread anyway) my real name is Declan most people on the internet call me "dec" either is fine by me. Just wanted to introduce myself on the forums, I've been following the blog for a while but never got round to the forums, so here I am. A few things about me...uh...I love books, (which i guess might be obvious) playing guitar, I love music and a whole bunch of other stuff. That's about all for now I guess...oh yeah I'm from Ireland. :mrgreen:

Okay, I'm completely new to this, so I thought I would start by saying hello. My name is Kelly and obviously I am a fan of the books or I wouldn't be here. One of my best friends introduced me to them, she bought me the first 3 for my birthday a couple years ago and I spent the next year and a half reading all of them! Now that I'm on here I'm not really sure what to do, but I am looking forward to surfing this site and being apart of the forums!

Guest Egwene

Welcome aboard, Kelly.

The best way foward for anyone new... browse. If you want to take part... just go ahead and post. The more opinions, the merrier :)

Just an intro:

Name is Andre, born and brought up in Eindhoven The Netherlands, but seen quite a bit of the world and still planning to see a lot more. Studying some subject related to organisations and such (english name slipped from my mind atm)

Anyway read the books and just read the blog RJ wrote and doesnt look that good. Hope he feels up to finishing the series as it is one of the best I've read. But regardless hope he gets through this whole mess with the little bugs. It seems the wheel of time is what we have here too, the world starts out with microorganisms which then evolve into dino's and now the smallest of the worlds population feeds on everything it can get.

Ah well we knew RJ was special, less than 1 in a million...

BTW, if you are asking yourself where Necrophorus comes from it's latin for deathdigger and that's from a scene of Hamlet I believe, never read the whole play, but this was in one of the schoolbooks and I liked it. The line "6 feet of dirt make all men equal" comes from that part of the play for those who didnt know.

Guest Egwene

Hi Andre... welcome! I was born not a million miles from you in Germany. Near Enschede :D

Agree with your sentiments about RJ. Let's just keep thinking positive and hope that there really is power in prayers and good wishes.

Hello everyone,

My name is Keith, and I started reading the books right around when PoD came out; a friend of mine kept talking about how the newest book of her favorite series had just come out and she kept saying such good things about the books that I went out and bought all of them. I've been eagerly awaiting each new book since, even though a number of my friends who have read all the books were among the people who lost faith around CoT. I have loved every book, however, and am constantly amazed at the skill and complexity of RJ's writing.

Archived