DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ghostbusters Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!

Let me see if I can follow dice's progression here.

He has an early town read on Zander for tone.

He suspects Turin for weak reads and votes him.

Turin Hard Claims Town Neighbor

Dice unvotes Turin, but says that he wants to lynch between Zander (town read) and Turin (pre-claim scum read).

He has defended his read on Zander, but now also doesn't want to lynch Turin. Am I right in this, dice?

change wants to THINKS and pretty much

I don't see where that change would make sense.

Can you bold it for me or something?

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zander I dont want to mistakenly lynch you again. Its why im holding off and trying to talk about this with you.

Opinions on Me and Eldrick since ive come back in and Eldrick started voting you?

I have a slight Town read on you atp.

Eldrick fooled me pretty good last game so lm not really confident on a read for him atp.

That's fair. What is your "not confident" read?

Let me see if I can follow dice's progression here.

He has an early town read on Zander for tone.

He suspects Turin for weak reads and votes him.

Turin Hard Claims Town Neighbor

Dice unvotes Turin, but says that he THINKS the lynch between Zander (town read) and Turin (pre-claim scum read).

He has defended his read on Zander, but now also doesn't want to lynch Turin. Am I right in this, dice?

change wants to THINKS and pretty much

I don't see where that change would make sense.

Can you bold it for me or something?

shoulda said thinks the

Zander I dont want to mistakenly lynch you again. Its why im holding off and trying to talk about this with you.

Opinions on Me and Eldrick since ive come back in and Eldrick started voting you?

I have a slight Town read on you atp.

Eldrick fooled me pretty good last game so lm not really confident on a read for him atp.

That's fair. What is your "not confident" read?

Null to slight Town

Player List:

1. Turin

2. Eldrick

3. Niniel

4. Tsuki

5. BFG

6. Zander

7. Dice

8. Lenlo

9. Shad

10. Rey

11. John McClane Hally

12. RTE

13. Alanna

Back ups.

1. Hallia

2. Sooh

In no particular order:

There's a few people in this game that I feel we need to hear more from. RTE. BFG. Niniel. Please contribute more.

Haven't really heard much from Laine, either, but I liked the content she had so far.

Rey's content has kinda petered off. I had you as town. Please come back and help us solve. You're making me question that read.

Being Neighbors complicates the read on Turin and Zander. Turin has a stronger case than Zander does. His points feel like they come from a towny midset. Zander has mostly been defensive since Turin brought up that they were Neighbors, and that is typically a scummy thing.

I'm waffling on my read on dice. As I said before, I liked his game in general. He seems to be trying to solve. My scum read on him is linked to how he is defending Zander, and that's not a good reason. I can also see Town!Dice defending his town read.

I have liked Shad's game so far too, but I can't help but be skeptical about him. He has brought up a lot of good points, and I agree with most of them and can see where he's coming from.

I really liked John's play, and haven't had a problem with Hally's.

I had issues with Tsuki, but he claimed cop, so I'm gonna leave that spot alone for now.

Lenlo's game has been great so far. Easily my strongest town read right now.

I think everyone's missing the point about the fact I could have LIED altogether about posting secretly.

Please think on this.

Turin was the first to say that you posted secretly. Why wouldn't you dispute that if it wasn't true?

You word things weirdly man.

Yes Turin mentioned it first, and Im saying I could have lied and said "No I didnt" but instead I admitted to it.  My point being do you think its more likely Scum!Zander posts in secret then admits to it ITT or Town!Zander posts in secret then admits it ITT?

This really isn't a good argument.

If scum!Zander denies Turin's story in its entirety, he gets lynched, period. You know this. Why would scum!Turin guarantee he gets vigged tonight or lynched tomorrow in order to take you down D1? You would have to sell that, and you know you would have to sell that.  Point being if you are town you are going to say what really happened and if you are scum you are going to at least say what really happened where doing so is critical to your survival.

Tsukibana Reyoru and John McClane are completely foreign to me, and RTE might as well be.  Should be fun.

RTEs in this game? Aw man awesome.

Hello :happy:

RTE, Tsuki <3

Tsukibana Reyoru and John McClane are completely foreign to me, and RTE might as well be.  Should be fun.

I have a soft spot for RTE he was the first Wolf Lynch I ever led

<3 <3 <#

Hai Friends! :wub:

And I remember Rey, just don't know if I've played Mafia with you before :smile:

I have a soft spot for RTE he was the first Wolf Lynch I ever led

<3 <3 <#

RTE was the new guy I tricked in WW2, when I lied about being a Symp turned Survivor.

Never Forget

727427.gif

I'm going to really struggle this game without DM email notifications :/

Okay, finally caught up! No email notifications, ugh :sad:

Anyways, thoughts:

So sad John left. He was my number 1 Town Read. So stronk. Hopefully Hallia follows suit (welcome!)

Eldrick looks town to me based on his interactions with Tsuki a while ago. Was very ready to vote Tsuki pre-claim. 

Speaking of claims!

In terms of Turin vs. Zander, I had a stronger town lean on Zander previously, but based on his actions in the QT and his subsequent attempt to defend himself, he comes across as the scummier of the two to me. If as he himself said, one of them is indeed not town, then I believe it is Zander who is scum of the two.

Not sure how I feel about Dice. Dice's meta doesn't ever really seem to help me one way or another. 

Town reads on Rey and Alanna. Null on BFG, Shad, and Niniel. After a Zander flip I'd move on to my null reads 

Vote Zander

So 4 total posts 3 of which come when the game opens up and are complete fluff then nothing for almost 3 RL Days.

Uses Email notification as an excuse but I mean this makes sense I mean its pretty hard to log into DM and check on an ongoing game to see if anyone's posted...

Then comes in with a thread consensus reads lists and votes the top train which Ive already commented on.

This is prolly Town right?

[v] Unvote [/v]

[v] RTE [/v]

Dont see the Turin lynch going through atp.

Dice looking a little better unless he's trying to pocket/white knighting me, but knowing Im Town I think its more likely Scum!Dice tries to push my lynch though imo,

I don't hate this post.

Looked over Rey's ISO. No idea why I had him as town.

Eldrick, that is poor reasoning to make someone a wolf. Basically that he is a good wolf. I disagree with the idea of you being willing to trust someone else to tell you he is town before you are even willing to consider it. 

It is very early still but I will look at Shad. 

D1  yolo wolf team of Dice, Zander and Tsuki.  

I like that Turin is making a concerted effort this early to point out potential scum teams. I also note that statistically speaking, at least one of either his himself or his yolo team is scum. 

Not a big fan of making observations claiming statistics without any other basing on it.

You can say the same thing about any group of players.

Equally, its as good a place to start as any. Its better actually, as it involved the people who had done the most talking at the time. There's always going to be at least one scum getting in early on the conversation, and there is always going to be another one who remains on the down-low. 

Solid post Rey, with one exception... I think saying "always" is a wrongful assumption. Typical, yes... but not always.

I stand corrected John. I can't guarantee its always the case, but then, this is a game that tends to follow certain rules. Typically is better than nothing. One of those four early big talkers (Turin/Zander/Dice/Tsukibana) is going to turn out scum. 

Here is where he talks about the statistics of someone being scum in a group of players. As I pointed out, the same can be said about any group of players. Noteworthy here is his group of "big talkers". He includes dice in this list, something I've never considered dice being, and then later on asks people about their read on him. 

Dice is actually in both groups of his statistics, but he doesn't mention this.

Niniel, what's your opinion on Dice?

I'm buying Turin's claim at this point, and I'm buying his suspicions of Zander as being legitimate. I liked the way Turin took off at the start and got this game moving, and I've not liked Zander's meta-whatever play-style at all quite frankly. His rebuttals to Turin's claims look weak in my opinion. 

I'm also going to buy Tsukibana's claim at cop. Maybe not the best strategy to reveal at this point, but if real life is calling, I understand. I'm nicely interested in the people who jumped on my train against Tsukibana... Alanna in particular. I've got my eye on you. 

Dice is a mess. His post number #454 is illogical, and #460 is a little bit far-fetched.

My personal opinion is that if Zander flips scum, we take a look at Dice next.

Unvote

Vote: Zander

He never states a read on Dice himself, but says that he will look at Dice if Zander flips scum.

I don't like RTE's only game-related post, as I have already mentioned, but I am adamantly against going after low content players Day 1, cuz if we are wrong it's all but pointless.

That being said, RTE is on my list of scum atp. I also don't see Zander and RTE being scum together. why would scum!Zander push his inactive teammate?

lolololololololol

I don't like RTE's only game-related post, as I have already mentioned, but I am adamantly against going after low content players Day 1, cuz if we are wrong it's all but pointless.

That being said, RTE is on my list of scum atp. I also don't see Zander and RTE being scum together. why would scum!Zander push his inactive teammate?

lolololololololol

Yea yea yea.

Shush.

@ zander do you think turin is scum? yes or no? and Why do you think that??

Yes I think he's Scum.

His Yolo D1 reads sticking to them from that point. His case against me is all from QT and little to nothing gameplay related yet he ALREADY had me on his Yolo list.

Hes stretching and laying out weak cases against other players,

He lied about the you read first in the QT

My best bet thus far,

Cast shade at you?  Dude Ive cased you on atual game play youve cased me on QT.  Even others have said I was looking Townyer of the 2 prior to claim.  You just fired out this Yolo D1 reads list with me on it, in the actual thread itself you seemingly rule out the possibility of me being Town at the beginning of the game. Hence hypocrite,  Ive explained why I didnt bother with the QT.

Ive said ITT ive never had the role before ive said i looked it up ffs,

Ive got more depth in this thread then you and your Yolo D1 reads that youre still sticking to iirc.  I was just showing my involvement level in the game.

I am gonna flip Town.  Pretend for a second i was somehow confirmed Town, where would you go from here?

I'm looking through this again now.

Turin dropped the yolo read, then in #212 says some null things about you that you treat as a scummy push on you in #315. I asked you about it at the time and pointed out that Turin called you scum but never gave a reason and only had null things to say about you later (at least up to that point).

In #322 you accuse Turin of sheeping you on Dice.  This is the topic where you're disagreeing on what factually happened in QT.  You ask him some questions but don't state conclusions.  You agree with McClane that he should be a wagon.  You repeat that you would lynch Turin.  You hint that you're Neighbors with him and don't trust him.  That's it prior to the hard claim.

What's your case on him outside of denying what he claims he said in QT?

Red, so did he post his yolo list before your QT interaction? If not, I don't get the significance of this. He's saying you were scummy in QT so he had you in his yolo scum team, you're saying ???. That it doesn't count because he dropped the read before he actually hard claimed and revealed his reasons? Or something else? I don't follow.

Blue, ok. Did you point these out? You might have. I didn't re-read you past the hard claim yet.  I will when I'm caught up.

Green, fair enough, but I'm asking you about the case you say you made outside of QT-related content.

Ok, gonna follow through on this and call it a night for this game

Going to try and snip this down.

irt Turin:

Cast shade at you? Dude Ive cased you on atual game play youve cased me on QT.

What's your case on him outside of denying what he claims he said in QT?

requoted:

His Yolo D1 reads sticking to them from that point. His case against me is all from QT and little to nothing gameplay related yet he ALREADY had me on his Yolo list.

Hes stretching and laying out weak cases against other players,

He lied about the you read first in the QT

Red, so did he post his yolo list before your QT interaction? If not, I don't get the significance of this. He's saying you were scummy in QT so he had you in his yolo scum team, you're saying ???. That it doesn't count because he dropped the read before he actually hard claimed and revealed his reasons? Or something else? I don't follow.

Blue, ok. Did you point these out? You might have. I didn't re-read you past the hard claim yet. I will when I'm caught up.

Green, fair enough, but I'm asking you about the case you say you made outside of QT-related content.

Im saying he just put me as scummy without considering the possibility I was Town and rolled with it.

Ive mentioned it yes.

I answered green in a response to you already just a short while ago.

Regarding Zander saying he cased Turin for "stretching and laying out weak cases against other players," the only thing I found was this post:

[v] Dice [/v]

I don't like he kept his "joke" vote on Rey even after he seems to have a lean on John. Well he called him a hypocrite anyway.

Is the keeping of the joke vote the only reason youre voting him Turin?

What is the connection youre seeing that you are tying him and I together?

I'd read it as a question, not a suss, but Zander could say he was calling Turin out here.

Is that it? Am I missing something here Z?

Tomorrow we're having Ollie's birthday and I'll be watching the last round of the Masters (GOLF! *@&$ YES!), Monday I fully intend to devote all of my free time to a game elsewhere, so I'll be a little sparse for the next ~48 hours. I think I'll be able to keep up but probably won't be digging too deep into anything.  G'night.

I´d like if someone could make it clear to me what lie in the qt (about Dice?) you are talking about. I´ve read back but I still don´t get it. 

In a nutshell as I understand it:

Zander accused Turin in thread of sheeping his suss on Dice.

Turin said dude I said in QT that I was suss of Dice before you went at him.

Zander said nope, didn't happen.

Thank you. Now that I knew what to look for I went back.

# 437 Turin says that Dice is mafia before Zander

# 500 Turin asks Zander if it isn´t true that he sussed Dice first

# 502 Zander denies

# 577 Shad asks Zander about it

# 594 Zander answers Shad - says no

# 599 Shad asks: "So one of you is lying?"

# 600 Zander says yes.

# 613 Turin agrees - one of them is lying

We can not see the qt so we can´t know who is right. But the point is that both accuses the other one of lying. Turin has voted Zander but Zander doesn´t vote Turin even though he says that he knows Turin is lying. That doesn´t look like a townie would do.

[v] Zander [/v]

Archived