DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Beers of the Red Hand

Now i'd like to try the Dark Matter one, just because of the sticker ! I like it lol

Elektra, do you got more beers with a nice design such as this one?

Do I ever!

The person I've been dating for a while really really loves this beer:

fat-tug-2014-product-photo.png

Name: Fat Tug IPA
Origin: Victoria B.C. Canada (just coincidence that it's from the same place)
Punch:7.0
Yay or nay?:  It's locally the IPA that you compare all other IPAs to.  It's pretty darn hoppy, so much so that I'm not a huge fan.  For the craft beer enthusiast, this is a must try!  Intensely hoppy!  (Pretty much everyone but me loves this)
Edited by Elektra D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw this in the shops today and I'd never had it, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Gage-Roads-new-Atomic.png

Name: Gage Roads' Atomic American Pale Ale (dry-hopped and unfiltered, according to the label)

Punch: 4.7%

Yay or nay: Eh. Bit of a meh beer. It's ok, but not my favourite. It's a bit lighter than I usually go for, so it's a good summer beer if you're more into lagers but happen to be drinking pale ale or something. Cool aquatic themed label though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fantastic! Thank you, for I think I have found the promised land and it is good.

I am by no definition of the word an aficionado on beer but I am certainly a fan. lol I live in Buffalo, New York and our micro brew scene is just exploding. There are SO many to try and I am more than up to the challenge, The only thing I am not a fan of with a majority of the brew coming out is the hops. I am not anti-hop! I just prefer roasted or malted barley more.  Least favorite beer would be any IPA and most enjoyed would be reds, porters and stouts.  It seems a majority of brew coming out is HEAVY on the hops. Really hoping it'll swing back to things a bit darker.

But, all that being said, lately I;ve not been able to stop drinking this.

3346907749_9352eb59fd.jpg

Brewed by: 
Spaten-Franziskaner-Bräu 
Germany | website

Style: Hefeweizen 

Alcohol by volume (ABV): 5.00% 

If you're a fan of Whitbeers, Belgian Whites or Heffees I would strongly recommend this. The citrus and spice aren't prominent with this brew. They definitely enhance the taste but not without drowning out the flavor of the brew. Light and refreshing. Excellent for bright sunny days and relaxing on a patio for a brunch. Excellent day drinking beer that doesn't fill you up. Light and fizzy carbonation. The day after?. . . . ehhh, was a little rough. lol Maybe it's just my age and my inability to accept my age and drinking like I were 21 again that lead to it but I was hurtin. lol  I would give it a. . . . Yay, is it? Definitely a yay

here's an excellent one for you all:

1.jpg

Name: Bocq Gauloises Fruits Rouges (Red Fruit)

Origin: Belgium

Punch: 8.2%

Yay or nay?  YAY!! Best suited for warm summer days, this is a very nice, fruity beer. Not TOO sweet, nicely balanced, and with enough punch left. Awesome beer that I'd make anybody try that would visit my place

Fantastic! Thank you, for I think I have found the promised land and it is good.

I am by no definition of the word an aficionado on beer but I am certainly a fan. lol I live in Buffalo, New York and our micro brew scene is just exploding. There are SO many to try and I am more than up to the challenge, The only thing I am not a fan of with a majority of the brew coming out is the hops. I am not anti-hop! I just prefer roasted or malted barley more.  Least favorite beer would be any IPA and most enjoyed would be reds, porters and stouts.  It seems a majority of brew coming out is HEAVY on the hops. Really hoping it'll swing back to things a bit darker.

But, all that being said, lately I;ve not been able to stop drinking this.

3346907749_9352eb59fd.jpg

Brewed by: 

Spaten-Franziskaner-Bräu 

Germany | website

Style: Hefeweizen 

Alcohol by volume (ABV): 5.00% 

If you're a fan of Whitbeers, Belgian Whites or Heffees I would strongly recommend this. The citrus and spice aren't prominent with this brew. They definitely enhance the taste but not without drowning out the flavor of the brew. Light and refreshing. Excellent for bright sunny days and relaxing on a patio for a brunch. Excellent day drinking beer that doesn't fill you up. Light and fizzy carbonation. The day after?. . . . ehhh, was a little rough. lol Maybe it's just my age and my inability to accept my age and drinking like I were 21 again that lead to it but I was hurtin. lol  I would give it a. . . . Yay, is it? Definitely a yay

*grabs mills and ties him to a chair*

hehehe you're staying here, sir !

Name: Dark Matter
Origin: Victoria B.C. Canada
Punch:5.3 
Yay or nay?:  I like it.  You'd think it's a stout, but I don't think it really fits,   It's dark in colour, but too light in flavour to be a stout,  and too creamy to be a lager.  I'm tempted to call it a dark ale.  It's unique, rich, and tasty. 

hoyne-dark-matter.jpg

That looks like it's made for me. We have A LOT of Canadian import here bein at the foot of the peace bridge. I will definitely have to look for it. I agree that it doesn't really look like a stout. Seems more of an Amber or Brown ale. Maybe even close to a red. Reminds me of a Smithwicks (Smitticks pronunciation)

smithwicks.jpg

FW-Luponic.jpg

Name: Luponic Distortion

Info: Every 90 days, the Firestone brewing team releases a new batch of Luponic Distortion, each with a slightly different recipe for a very different taste. The one I tried was the Revolution series, their first batch in this experimental release. 
Type: ???
Origin: Firestone Walker Brewing Co.
Punch: 5.9% ABV
Yay or nay? Nay, though that is only because I am not a fan of really hoppy beers... I told Zail about this thread so if he makes it onto the site maybe he'll write a better review of this one for those of you who like hoppy tasting beers.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...