DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

World's End Mafia - town wins comprehensively

Pralaya

Zander you have one bullet that you must fire and you have to shoot it as soon as you read this post. If you hit a wolf you win, if you hit a villager you lose.

Where's that bullet going?

Everyone is free to answer, but want Zander's answer the most.

So cliche but so good...

Ok I'll bite and I'm going to go big and go for deep wolf.

The person who eats my bullet is....

GnFxsOo.jpg

I think BFG is playing a middling game so far and it seems aimed to please more than to suss wolves and win.

You'd lose

It took me over 9000 hours like 2 mins in MSP to make those crosshairs btw. Pls no bully.

Thanks for the effort?

Are you third party?

Town

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but I can't help but think scum would be a little beyond that topic by now?  Like, someone who subbed in today as scum and did a modest skim to make sure he didn't facepalm out the gate should probably recognize that it's just not a good topic to argue at this point.  And I don't know if that lack of awareness before posting makes him town, but if he's scum he's rather oblivious scum.  It's something to consider at least.

I am going to ask you one question. You're not new now - you've played more then a handful of times, and especially you have seen Mafia QTs at this point and read them - exactly how many times have you seen extremely co-ordinated efforts by teams to limit discussion topics for their teammates and really guide teammates on what to post?

Nearly never, but off the top of my head I can't think of any player besides Darthe and Salami who would realistically show up really late to a game as scum and not try to get some grasp of current trends before posting, and it's probably been the most discussed topic of this game so far.

Cory, what's your current read on Tina?

She made a very specific appeal to me and while I know those tend to work on me but it's also something I don't remember being a part of her wolf game or a part of her approach in general.

If it wasn't for that alone I'd say wolf but that's messing with me now and is extremely hard for me to get past.

Shad some of your catch-up posts have been okay and I know you are sick but you do not feet correct to me aorn. I've sort of set the clock forward to give you time but it's there's been a growing disconnect between what I expect from you as a villager and your current mindset and it's grown too large to not mention at this point.

Dunno what to tell you.  I'm doing what I do.

Shad you around?

I am, and I have ISOs of you in this game and NBC open side by side trying to convince myself of the difference that a majority of players in this game seem to be seeing.

Thread presence?  I think there's that.  You've been actually available in this game, not just sort of hopping on to say what you have to say and checking back out.

Lol, I'm easy to read :tongue:

I'm pretty sure you'll know why I'm asking this.

What enemies is Pizza making this game?

Too many?

If you have a better outlet into his head, do share.

I don't know exactly what to expect out of his scum game save that it's certainly not going to be superficial, but there eventually comes a point where if I can't see the town benefit to a game someone's playing at, there probably isn't one.

have to agree with Shad here.

Zander you have one bullet that you must fire and you have to shoot it as soon as you read this post. If you hit a wolf you win, if you hit a villager you lose.

So cliche but so good...

GnFxsOo.jpg

I think BFG is playing a middling game so far and it seems aimed to please more than to suss wolves and win.

No need to shoot BFG imo, Its already more then likely looking at Nightmare that if shes a wolf it will become pretty apparent as the game progresses.

OMG I like just had this convo with Shad.

You don't know that she will do the same things as wolf she did in the last game.

This is a new game focus on what's here in this game.

Then case me?

No need yet. I like your gameplay.

Like I said I was going for deep wolf and if anyone I think that's you.

We'll see how it develops going forward.

but I can't help but think scum would be a little beyond that topic by now?  Like, someone who subbed in today as scum and did a modest skim to make sure he didn't facepalm out the gate should probably recognize that it's just not a good topic to argue at this point.  And I don't know if that lack of awareness before posting makes him town, but if he's scum he's rather oblivious scum.  It's something to consider at least.

I am going to ask you one question. You're not new now - you've played more then a handful of times, and especially you have seen Mafia QTs at this point and read them - exactly how many times have you seen extremely co-ordinated efforts by teams to limit discussion topics for their teammates and really guide teammates on what to post?

Nearly never, but off the top of my head I can't think of any player besides Darthe and Salami who would realistically show up really late to a game as scum and not try to get some grasp of current trends before posting, and it's probably been the most discussed topic of this game so far.

That's funny, because the vast majority of wolves on this site that I've ever seen just sort of press buttons and do whatever. I'm certainly not going to village read someone for showing up late and hammering on a topic that's been beaten to death already.

I'm also not sure where you are imagining they are getting that resource from considering the vast majority of Mafia QTs I've read from this forum contain little more real discussion than NK and night action targets. Nobody is posting game summaries and what is "talked about too much or too little".

I could easily see a wolf catching up, seeing something everyone is talking about, and going "well everyone is talking about this, I should say something too!"

So cliche but so good...

GnFxsOo.jpg

You'd lose

It took me over 9000 hours like 2 mins in MSP to make those crosshairs btw. Pls no bully.

Thanks for the effort?

Are you third party?

at first I was like wtf,  But i think I understand why he asked this....and if that is the reason I like it.  Ill see if he feels like elaborating on his reason for doing this.

Nikon!

Do you think you could briefly summarize your thoughts over all?

and irt Besie being 'tied' to Zander they were hydras in the game Len was referring to

Im waiting for the same thing.  What were your thoughts in general concerning his posts?

I think he points out some things that seem like odd observations in the context of fulltime DM mafia but might strike someone new as fishy?  Like taking issue with idea that if Cory and Pizza are both alive late in a game something is wrong.  But maybe more importantly: I kind of hate that so many people have rolled with the assumption that Lenlo was suggesting we lynch the strongest town player in the game D1 --there was maybe a minute or two where I thought did he just say that but then I realized it was Lenlo and even if he was scum that couldn't have been what he actually meant to say-- but I can't help but think scum would be a little beyond that topic by now?  Like, someone who subbed in today as scum and did a modest skim to make sure he didn't facepalm out the gate should probably recognize that it's just not a good topic to argue at this point.  And I don't know if that lack of awareness before posting makes him town, but if he's scum he's rather oblivious scum.  It's something to consider at least.

This is a good example of a post I want to skip.

Too wordy and in one big chunk.

It's not even a wall of text it's just a chunk of text and that can be even worse in some cases.

Try spacing your points out a bit. Like...here let me restructure what you wrote.

I think he points out some things that seem like odd observations in the context of fulltime DM mafia but might strike someone new as fishy?  

Like taking issue with idea that if Cory and Pizza are both alive late in a game something is wrong.  

But maybe more importantly: I kind of hate that so many people have rolled with the assumption that Lenlo was suggesting we lynch the strongest town player in the game D1 --there was maybe a minute or two where I thought did he just say that but then I realized it was Lenlo and even if he was scum that couldn't have been what he actually meant to say-- but I can't help but think scum would be a little beyond that topic by now?

Like, someone who subbed in today as scum and did a modest skim to make sure he didn't facepalm out the gate should probably recognize that it's just not a good topic to argue at this point.  And I don't know if that lack of awareness before posting makes him town, but if he's scum he's rather oblivious scum.  It's something to consider at least.

Btw, re: Lenlo

I think you're wrong and making excuses for him because you can't believe he'd suggest something so blatantly scummy.

And to clarify, I'm not saying this makes Nikon more likely to be a wolf - he should catch up fully and post his thoughts fully and then a better judgment can be made - but I'm not giving a villager read to someone for reading the thread, hammering on the Lenlo topic, and concluding that "someone is wolfy between Lenlo and Pizza", all things that are best regurgitations of other opinions in thread. Certainly he could have read and came up with that himself, but I'm not the type of the person to make assessments out of thin air.

Shad some of your catch-up posts have been okay and I know you are sick but you do not feet correct to me aorn. I've sort of set the clock forward to give you time but it's there's been a growing disconnect between what I expect from you as a villager and your current mindset and it's grown too large to not mention at this point.

Dunno what to tell you.  I'm doing what I do.

Nah I dont really feel you are....I commented on this earlier and still havent seen what i was looking for.  Not scummy yet just something I'm noticing...like I feel about you is kinda like what I felt about BFG early in Nightmare....seems towny but something isnt quite right if that makes sense.

game is kind of hard.

hmm.

I believe in your ability to solve it if you're in this village.

Take your time.

I want everyone to solve it together mang

No man is an island.

Dude...wut........???

Also, I get your point but I also believe you're better at this game than me so...I'll assist as best I can but I rely on your instincts more than my own as long as I think you're town.

So cliche but so good...

GnFxsOo.jpg

You'd lose

Thanks for the effort?

Are you third party?

at first I was like wtf,  But i think I understand why he asked this....and if that is the reason I like it.  Ill see if he feels like elaborating on his reason for doing this.

Don't expect brilliant traps or linguistic kill shots from me. Whatever it is you think I just did...I probably didn't.

It was an honest and sincere simple question and that is all it was from my end.

Sorry to disappoint.

That's funny, because the vast majority of wolves on this site that I've ever seen just sort of press buttons and do whatever. I'm certainly not going to village read someone for showing up late and hammering on a topic that's been beaten to death already.

I'm also not sure where you are imagining they are getting that resource from considering the vast majority of Mafia QTs I've read from this forum contain little more real discussion than NK and night action targets. Nobody is posting game summaries and what is "talked about too much or too little".

I could easily see a wolf catching up, seeing something everyone is talking about, and going "well everyone is talking about this, I should say something too!"

Just seems like a really dumb reason to read someone villager to me.

Just my 2c.

What exactly is hard to grasp here?  Lenlo has said probably two dozen times in this thread that he didn't mean we should intentionally lynch a town player.  Many people have supported him on this claim.  Many people have gotten annoyed that it's even still being talked about.  Do you think scum are likely to see this and resurrect it anyway?

My point is that if he's scum he's not particularly attentive scum.  Do you have a more insightful conclusion to draw from those multiquote chains?

Nikon!

and irt Besie being 'tied' to Zander they were hydras in the game Len was referring to

Im waiting for the same thing.  What were your thoughts in general concerning his posts?

I think he points out some things that seem like odd observations in the context of fulltime DM mafia but might strike someone new as fishy?  Like taking issue with idea that if Cory and Pizza are both alive late in a game something is wrong.  But maybe more importantly: I kind of hate that so many people have rolled with the assumption that Lenlo was suggesting we lynch the strongest town player in the game D1 --there was maybe a minute or two where I thought did he just say that but then I realized it was Lenlo and even if he was scum that couldn't have been what he actually meant to say-- but I can't help but think scum would be a little beyond that topic by now?  Like, someone who subbed in today as scum and did a modest skim to make sure he didn't facepalm out the gate should probably recognize that it's just not a good topic to argue at this point.  And I don't know if that lack of awareness before posting makes him town, but if he's scum he's rather oblivious scum.  It's something to consider at least.

This is a good example of a post I want to skip.

Too wordy and in one big chunk.

It's not even a wall of text it's just a chunk of text and that can be even worse in some cases.

Try spacing your points out a bit. Like...here let me restructure what you wrote.

I think he points out some things that seem like odd observations in the context of fulltime DM mafia but might strike someone new as fishy?  

Like taking issue with idea that if Cory and Pizza are both alive late in a game something is wrong.  

But maybe more importantly: I kind of hate that so many people have rolled with the assumption that Lenlo was suggesting we lynch the strongest town player in the game D1 --there was maybe a minute or two where I thought did he just say that but then I realized it was Lenlo and even if he was scum that couldn't have been what he actually meant to say-- but I can't help but think scum would be a little beyond that topic by now?

Like, someone who subbed in today as scum and did a modest skim to make sure he didn't facepalm out the gate should probably recognize that it's just not a good topic to argue at this point.  And I don't know if that lack of awareness before posting makes him town, but if he's scum he's rather oblivious scum.  It's something to consider at least.

Btw, re: Lenlo

I think you're wrong and making excuses for him because you can't believe he'd suggest something so blatantly scummy.

Sometimes I type what I'm thinking and don't really look back.  Deal with it.  I grammar good mostly.

Do you think Lenlo and I are w/w?  Elaborate.

So cliche but so good...

GnFxsOo.jpg

You'd lose

Thanks for the effort?

Are you third party?

Don't expect brilliant traps or linguistic kill shots from me. Whatever it is you think I just did...I probably didn't.

It was an honest and sincere simple question and that is all it was from my end.

Sorry to disappoint.

it was in regards to why you asked if she was 3rd party...

And to clarify, I'm not saying this makes Nikon more likely to be a wolf - he should catch up fully and post his thoughts fully and then a better judgment can be made - but I'm not giving a villager read to someone for reading the thread, hammering on the Lenlo topic, and concluding that "someone is wolfy between Lenlo and Pizza", all things that are best regurgitations of other opinions in thread. Certainly he could have read and came up with that himself, but I'm not the type of the person to make assessments out of thin air.

What drew you to the conclusion that I thought he was town?

BFG

Zander

Dice

Lenlo

Sooh

Besie
Nolder

Shad

Tina

Pizza

Nikon

sort of feeling like I'm moving backwards a bit with not much clarification.

nulls are roughly in order but are pretty smudged together.

don't have anyone i'm excessively sure is a wolf yet. BFG and Zander continue to be the reads I am most sure of by a very strong degree.

What drew you to the conclusion that I thought he was town?

Well...

Nikon!

I get the "but if he's scum he's rather oblivious scum" tack-on as your indicator you are unsure of his alignment, but considering the majority of the content is "well I don't think scum would do this" and "well I don't think scum would do that", I would guess the conclusion that is closer to your heart is that the person is not scum. It's what you are feeding up for consideration, at least.

Like there isn't a fun grey area in this game (and I don't feel like discussion third party implications because we've had enough inane discussions at this point). You either think A or B or you don't know. If you are going to outline a bunch of internal reasons you think something is unlikely to be A, I am going to assume you think the answer is B.

Archived