DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

World's End Mafia - town wins comprehensively

Pralaya

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, some friends surprised me by coming by yesterday and kept me busy most of the day but I hope to catch up now.  I had two people whose posts seemed to rub me the wrong way so I want to look deeper at them while catching up and seeing if I still feel those two or if anything new comes to mind.

I get what you're saying wrt Nikon and I'm not a fan of the 'i have thoughts, but I'm not sharing them', BUT he's just not been around (and given my participation in the last few games I'm not going to lambast somebody for not posting). Games at 40odd pages, but has been going for less than 2 days, both of which are significant family days /shrug

I'm willing to see what he comes back with, I had to work hard to not bus him in OUAT (and may have done in the end) and although that may have been bias/TMI I don't think he'll be hard to read once playing (I say that with no memory of his town game whatsoever and no real memory of that game other than I thought he was scummy)

Why dont you think he will be hard to read?  In the game that you had to try not to bus him, can you tell us some of his scum tells or tendencies?

:dry:

Suffering leads to Zander

or is that Zander IS suffering? cause all those lols make ME suffer....

Only wolves face suffering from me....that and the entire population of Planet Earth,,,,,wait a minute......lolololololol

Caught up.

Cory, I'd really appreciate it if you would actually read me and not just go by a "handshake", as you stated.

i like this type of post from Besie....its the kind of the "not afraid to say stuff to really good players" post that I think most new players will likely avoid as scum imo.

Given that Besie went up against Yates in her first game I'm gonna have to disagree about the going up against good players part. The general attitude (wanting a read not to be null) I like though

Okay I finally have a new listy thing. It's a combination of my gut feelings, opinions by myself and by others that I agreed with, and partially also some of Pizza's weird number system (that I actually liked).

I'm on mobile so there's no colour.

Scum: Pizza

I think everyone has a pretty good idea as to why; most people seem to have an opinion as to why he's rather scummy than towny. Imo I don't like that he keeps jumping between i-am-town and then-again-maybe-im-wolf mode in the beginning of D1. I didn't like the useless post, as I indicated somewhere (maybe page 46, not sure where). For the record, I explained why I called it a "useless post". It's not actually useless.

Then I don't like that he cleared people so early in the game. Feels like he knows something I don't. I further don't like how his word count increased after being called upon it.

And then the last minute unvote of Len... does not feel right.

Null-Scum: Nikon, Sooh and Dice.

Nikon; I didn't like the content of the few posts he actually has. And he's not here. Bothers in the back of my mind.

Sooh; Same reasoning as before (page 15). She continues to be defensive and "sassy" as it was called. I think Zander drew her out in the most recent argument where he defended me, and she... was... competely drawn out. It's an extreme response.

Dice; I mainly agree with his standpoint in terms of every argument he's been in so far. The difference is that he also feels overly affected by stupid things, such as the math thing. As stated on page 7 (by Len, I believe), "overreacting on light pressure". My gut is still unsure on Dice, which is why he's just slightly scummy in this list :wink: I like his jokes.

Null: Tina

I don't know. Those of you that know her say that she's playing towny, whilst others say that she's scummy. My gut doesn't have a problem with her. Yet.

Null-null-null-town: Cory and Nolder.

Cory; I had as null-town. But when I started my reread, I wasn't sure why. I don't know his game play, and simply stating to be town doesn't cut it for me. I do like his reasoning in many instances (page 11, 17, 46) but his unwillingness to sometimes explain properly makes it hard for me. I guess he might be closer to null-town, but only because I trust my top town reads' opinion. A handshake is a handshake, right? I do like his apparent honesty too.

Nolder; Was null. I thought some things he said was scummy (page 25). But I liked his reasoning in the last few pages. Still checking this one out.

Null-town: BFG, Lenlo and Shad.

BFG; I've liked her reasoning from the start. Feels towny.

Lenlo; So this is the largest change to my list. Was top scum read at page 15. Now, 30 pages later, I've only gotten town vibes. Throughout the entire Pizza-Lenlo conversation Len stayed calm. He walked away first. I also like his reasoning and defense (when not being aggresive, as I've seen in other games - Luv ya really Len :wub:) PS. Please don't be scum.

Shad; Since actively joining the game, I've felt like he's the same town!Shad as in other games (Matrix that I read and Diablo). Like his reasoning as well.

Town: Zander.

Same reasoning. He's said nothing to change my view.

In among your Null- _______ who besides Pizza do you think are scum?  I know you may not be entirely sure of the others yet but try to think on it and like does anyone of those people make any sense as their scummates?

Sorry, some friends surprised me by coming by yesterday and kept me busy most of the day but I hope to catch up now.  I had two people whose posts seemed to rub me the wrong way so I want to look deeper at them while catching up and seeing if I still feel those two or if anything new comes to mind.

NIKON WELCOME!!!!!

now give us some thoughts.  anything at all really atp.  Like even which people to start with.  Need something to help resolve your slot.

I get what you're saying wrt Nikon and I'm not a fan of the 'i have thoughts, but I'm not sharing them', BUT he's just not been around (and given my participation in the last few games I'm not going to lambast somebody for not posting). Games at 40odd pages, but has been going for less than 2 days, both of which are significant family days /shrug

I'm willing to see what he comes back with, I had to work hard to not bus him in OUAT (and may have done in the end) and although that may have been bias/TMI I don't think he'll be hard to read once playing (I say that with no memory of his town game whatsoever and no real memory of that game other than I thought he was scummy)

Why dont you think he will be hard to read?  In the game that you had to try not to bus him, can you tell us some of his scum tells or tendencies?

To your Bolded- Then why say anything at all :rolleyes:

To my Bolded...you had to try hard not to BUS him tells me he did something that made you feel that way as scummates hence why I asked the question my dear!!!

Caught up.

Cory, I'd really appreciate it if you would actually read me and not just go by a "handshake", as you stated.

i like this type of post from Besie....its the kind of the "not afraid to say stuff to really good players" post that I think most new players will likely avoid as scum imo.

Given that Besie went up against Yates in her first game I'm gonna have to disagree about the going up against good players part. The general attitude (wanting a read not to be null) I like though

Did you read the Hydra QT or Maf QT?  I went after Yates....my plan my idea and my hydra partner followed suit so that point is kinda null but I do kinda understand where you are coming from.  Better way to word it. do you think Besie now without a Hydra partner backing her and giving thoughts/advice is likely to repeat this as scum?

To your Bolded- Then why say anything at all :rolleyes:

To my Bolded...you had to try hard not to BUS him tells me he did something that made you feel that way as scummates hence why I asked the question my dear!!!

Because my memory of being mafia with Nikon that game is that I wanted to bus him although as I said I can't remember why. The implication is that as of a year and a half(?) (in his last game) ago he was scummy when mafia, thus I have little interest in pursuing him because of low volume less than 48 hours into Day 1 with no deadline set.

Caught up.

Did you read the Hydra QT or Maf QT?  I went after Yates....my plan my idea and my hydra partner followed suit so that point is kinda null but I do kinda understand where you are coming from.  Better way to word it. do you think Besie now without a Hydra partner backing her and giving thoughts/advice is likely to repeat this as scum?

I didn't read them in full.

I have no idea what Besie would try as mafia and I don't want to guess/underestimate/WIFOM myself in that regard. Her attitude and approach seems different, the key thing I remember about her last game was that she grouped and linkedpeople from the get go and I'm not seeing anything like that here. Fir the moment I'm inclined to think that makes her town.

Zander you have one bullet that you must fire and you have to shoot it as soon as you read this post. If you hit a wolf you win, if you hit a villager you lose.

Where's that bullet going?

Everyone is free to answer, but want Zander's answer the most.

So cliche but so good...

Ok I'll bite and I'm going to go big and go for deep wolf.

The person who eats my bullet is....

GnFxsOo.jpg

I think BFG is playing a middling game so far and it seems aimed to please more than to suss wolves and win.

You'd lose

It took me over 9000 hours like 2 mins in MSP to make those crosshairs btw. Pls no bully.

Thanks for the effort?

Zander, excluding the alt game we literally haven't towned together since April Fools... what's your approach as town, do you read people as a whole or on an individual post basis?

I find this question a little pointless because regardless of the fact if we've towned together, you've just seen how I Town in Nightmare but I will still certainly answer your question my dear.

WRECK THE WOLVES LIVES....HARD

I tend to use Meta as large part of my reads.  I will read things as a whole; but can change if something pings me (ie EoD in Nightmare for you and AJ :wink: )  But I'll be honest and others will prolly mention it as well (im pretty sure Cory already did this game).  I find strange things that set me off on people that most people, dont notice or doesn't make sense to them. But it certainly does work.

Let me know if theres anything else youre looking for BFG!!!!!

Suffering leads to Zander

or is that Zander IS suffering? cause all those lols make ME suffer....

Only wolves face suffering from me....that and the entire population of Planet Earth,,,,,wait a minute......lolololololol

MOD! can i have a gun plz????   

Off feels from pages 1 to 10... Will do another 10 pages in a few but so far my highest possible suspects are Lenlo and Pizza... Same as my first feels with other players hitting a bad feel here or there but not consistantly.

MWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

My reaction to reading my role PM

Zander <3

Could be nothing but just seems off to even post it unless trying to say Evil... J/K... Or am I?

It's clearly an evil laugh. Draw your own conclusions. spoiler: Mine is that I'm a townie.

So it's an EVIL laugh but you claim that, to you, it means town?  Still not seeing why not just NOT post it but still the start of the game too.

I actually posted before confirming I was a villager because I was scared I might be mafia after this stupid scum streak

BUT I SUMMED UP THE COURAGE TO CHECK, AND IT IS INDEED A MERRY CHRISTMAS

TIME TO DIE WOLVES   :baalzamon:   :baalzamon:   :baalzamon:   :baalzamon:   :baalzamon:

Why would you start posting before even checking your thread... sure it would let you get a few posts in with no sway one way or the other but still seems odd to even admit if you do.

Pizza I am curious as to how exactly we will dance around eachother like snakes this game.

Will you annoy me to death?

Will I annoy you to death?

Will we unite under the same banner? Are we pitted for a calamitous final showdown that will end only one of us standing?

Regardless of what happens I am excited for it.

Most likely: You will think I'm a wolf because I did something different from last time, I will be the lynch, and I will be a villager.

Can't read my, can't read my....

Dang it pizza, why can't you ever be a wolf when people think you are one.

First of many "I'm town" claims from Pizza

Hm... Sooh and Pizza - are you playing from the same adress? That will be tough for you. 

I has many years of experience playing at the same address with my ex-gf. Should be good.

Game integrity ftw

Poker face also.

So can you resist if she tickles you???

No, if she tickles me once I will confess to still being a townie.

Then I'll tell her where I hid all the bodies.

Yup, still claiming town...

FYI- A Cory/Pizza wolf team would totally suck for us!!!!!

Not possibru.

Neither one is a wolf, ldo.

Seems like saying Cory isn't wolf... oh, and neither am I... Seems a little overstating it to me.

Looked for picture of a guy holding a card, I was going to write "townie" on it.

So like a dumbass I googled "Townie", because google apparently knows what I want to write on the blank card. This is how my mind works.

I was not aware it was a brand of bicycle. Holy crap, there's like nothing else, just endless pictures of bikes.

Yet another "I'm town" claim... may be nothing but really making me think why say it so many times.

I'm going to ride on a bicycle built for two, and it will contain either Cory or Zander or both.

Someone will have to sit on my lap.

Whoever doesn't bring the maximum townieness gets pushed off of the bike.

Wolfy post. Obviously trying to Cory favor.

So Pizza even admits his own post sounds scummy... okay...  :huh:

Go for it. Pull it off I'll be impressed. Lynch the doc again and I get to laugh at you.

So if they lynch a valuable town role you'd laugh?

Why is it premature?

because he posted an evil laugh... nothing more. If you want to read into that, go ahead. 

I like the Sass here!!!

Is my sass alignment indicative?

I wouldnt say a big one but i remember post like these in I think it was Matrix from you.

Oki. It won't be the hardest one to mimic I'm afraid now that I know I'm doing it. 

I'm going to ride on a bicycle built for two, and it will contain either Cory or Zander or both.

Now I haz a sad...

I don't get to ride the bicycle :(

*cue terrible riding jokes*

Why can't you ride?  Not playing as town as you can or something else?

Hey Bessie!

Congrats on not being shackled to Zander this gamr :P

How would you know who is shackled to who... only people who know teammates from the start of the game would be the mafia.

Lenlo will be a tough one to read, especially since he's already giving me bad vibes...

*sigh*

Just can't read you dude..

You have a problem with me Sooh? I thought we could be friends
;_;

Seems very assaultive after one person pointing something scummy out. 

Dice, don't lynch Zander. The wolves have to eat him.

Why do the wolves need to eat Zander?  Could be protecting a teammate but seems a little early for scum team to be doing something like that.

I love Enya

Ok maybe I dont have to lynch you :P

MWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

My reaction to reading my role PM

Zander <3

PIZZA!!!!!!!  <3 

Should this worry me??!!!!

Premature. Let's talk about it after a few more posts.

Why is it premature?

I agree with Dice here, why premature? I understand that you said its not enough to lynch someone over, way to early for that, but that doesnt mean we shouldnt look/talk about it or put it off for later. Update as you go.

Pizza I am curious as to how exactly we will dance around eachother like snakes this game.

Will you annoy me to death?

Will I annoy you to death?

Will we unite under the same banner? Are we pitted for a calamitous final showdown that will end only one of us standing?

Regardless of what happens I am excited for it.

Most likely: You will think I'm a wolf because I did something different from last time, I will be the lynch, and I will be a villager.

Can't read my, can't read my....

Dang it pizza, why can't you ever be a wolf when people think you are one.

FYI- A Cory/Pizza wolf team would totally suck for us!!!!!

nope  if they are both alive day 3 kill them with fire

Hes got a point. If they are both alive by D3/D4 then we should lynch one of them just to be safe. Cory himself says that we should do that in previous games I believe. 

Im not gonna worry about tinfoiling though until we get to that stage. 

Why would we lynch someone just because they make it to late-game?  Maybe if no scum have been caught after a few days you look back at their votes/posts but suggesting we auto-vote them seems pretty scummy.

Oh my.. the bro love is real...

Well I'm no Yates

thank god

Not yet anyways.

nobody else has earned a card yet

considering it the highest prize in our new society.

I will fight for one of those cards. I will kill for one of those cards. Just name a name.

Dice is very ON tonight 

think it could be a good sign

I dunno. I think he is overreacting to some things and calling out certain thats that are just silly. Im glad your paying attention and posting about it this early in what would still be considered the joke part of D1 though.

Wolfy post. Obviously trying to Cory favor.

Obv town, calling out his own wolfy posts. I get the feeling this man has already solved the game. lol.

So Lenlo thinks calling yourself scum = auto town??? Shouldn't that be something we prove with actions?  Also, possible feel of team-protection?

So question: I just read up on the rules. Would we ever want to lynch a towny to ensure a majority in the NK selection? Cause if we lynch a towny first couldnt we, those alive in thread, direct them on who to kill during the night? Like we could take two votes during the day. Vote 1 = the official lynch vote, Vote 2 = the unnofficial, NK whoever has majority.

Pral Question: Do we see roles when we lynch someone and do the mafia have a NK in this game? I ask because at night those who are dead vote on who dies that night. So it would make sense for the mafia to not have an NK right? Or else two people die and thats crazy fast.

I almost forgot this game wasnt experimental.

Why even suggest we lynch a fellow town member?  How could that EVER help us?

Tell me about my double VC plan! Gimme thoughts Zander, I know you can have them!

Still pushing an on-purpose town kill?

You didnt. Im just curious about the double VC thing.

Also considering character revealing just to jumpstart stuff.

Assuming my previous game is the normal way it's done, aren't mafia given fake-claim roles so a character reveal, especially on day one, seems odd and helpless.

Hey Zander, im number two in posts and you have more than twice as many as me. Dangit man.

How is post count meaningful in mafia games?  Wouldn't post quality be more useful than just SPAM?

len i dont think the double vc thing will work til at least n3

untill then we are still guessing who the mafia bar slips or a big piece of luck

Why not? Assuming we get flip information, then we know who we lynched is town and who is scum. Then we read their debates/voting process. If we lynch a town D1 then they should follow the will of the town majority and with their 1 vote NK whoever we vote for.

Yeah sure we are guessing, but we are making just as educated guesses as we do lynches ITT while at the same time denying mafia control of the NK. I dont see how any of that is bad for town.

Still pushing that we vote a fellow town member out?

I dont understand why you are fighting this.

We lynch Town D1 - We control the mafia NK hopefully, kill the scummiest person by thread consensus.

We lynch Scum D1 - Scum get to control the N1 NK, game continues as normal.

Yeah your right, D1/N1 scum lynchs/vigs are uncommon. But it doesnt matter if we arnt using a vig shot. We are using the mafias own NK. Seriously we pick a name out of a freaking hat, 25% change to get mafia on the lynch, 27% chance on the NK.

IN WHAT WORLD DOES KEEPING TWO VCS TODAY HURT TOWN?

When asked why they get a little defensive?

Your... what?

If we lynch a towny there are most likely 3 scum left in a game of 11 players. Pick a name out of a hat you have a 3 out of 11 chance of hitting a scum. Its probability dude. I dont know what math your working with.

Also your reasoning is lacking any kind of logic. Your reason for saying we shouldnt keep two VCs is "We are unlikely to find mafia bar slips or luck until N3" while completely ignoring the perk of controlling their NK, the major action scum gets each night. Yeah so maybe we NK another townie, we still eliminated a scum prospect rather than letting the scum NK an obv town. Your thinking purely in townies. Im thinking in overall quality/respective townieness of each individual person lynched/NKed.

As for Dices vote on me "Zander you are off the hook for annoying me", so is that all you had going for Zander lynch? Is that all you thought about him? Pretty weak in retrospect. Vote on me, accusing me of coming into thread looking for any little person to jump on, but im not voting you? Im not pushing you? I havnt cased you I havnt even said I think your scum or town. I have done nothing to you that could be called "Looking for an excuse to jump on someone", yet your gunning for it? Pretty weak dont you think?

Have I caught over dramatic scum D1?

@BFG I didnt mean to suggest we should actively try and lynch a townie on D1. I was still brainstorming how we could use this games mechanics to our advantage and was spouting ideas, trying to think how we could maintain control of the NK. As for the overreaction talk, that was to two different posts of his. 

Dice im trying to tell if. If we assume that the vote is scums NK, then whether we keep a second VC or not a townie WILL DIE EACH NIGHT. If we keep a consensus vote though there is atleast a CHANCE that a scum die. I will take a chance rather than guarantee a town death.

Your logic assumes that scum has a NK, which a townie should have no idea about. Its why I asked Pral if scum have a NK or if the majority vote each night operates as that.

And still pushing we do it.

Its entirely possible that they have other roles to compensate.

Assume this is a basic game with just the added mechanic. 1 Cop, 1 Doc, everything else vanilla.

Thats 3 kills a cycle. D1 lynch, N1 Lynch, N1 NK. Thats abit fast no? Puts town on  D3 LyLo if they screw up. So yeah I think it entirely possible scum dont have a NK, but instead other possible roles to compensate for that. Regardless, even if they do have a NK, getting thread consensus on who to Night lynch is best rather than letting 1 person do what they want. The fact of the matter is, there is a nightly lynch and town would be flat out stupid not to try and take advantage of it. Because if we dont, scum will. 

Now you suggest this is not a typical game and still push that we lynch someone we feel to be town?

Archived