DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Happy Cheer Up Singles Day! (Feb. 15th)

Dwynwen

I have always been single and depressed on Valentine's Day, so I created a holiday just for singles when I was in college: Cheer Up Singles Day, which is on February 15th each year. Some of you already know about this holiday, since Nia and I did a celebration here on DM a couple of years ago. I decided to bring the celebration back since it was so popular before. Come one, come all, to the singles party!

*Hands out red roses and pins that say "I think, therefore I'm single"*

The first thing I'd like to do to make our single people feel special is to let them know that they are freakin' awesome. I'll start by listing some single people I know on DM and talking about the qualities that make them special. Please feel free to post with compliments for other DM singles!

Nia: Guys sure are missing out on a real treasure! My Sis is brilliant, caring, funny as heck, loyal, and adorable. I can always count on her to support me when I'm down.

Mia: Our Keeper is an incredible leader. She's deeply devoted to her friends and to causes she holds dear. She's talented, funny, and smart. She also has the sweetest smile!

Ben-T: Rarely have I seen someone as generous as Ben. He goes above and beyond what most people do for their friends and gives, gives, gives without expecting anything in return. He is intelligent, sweet, and patient. Sometimes I don't know how he puts up with me, but he's always there with a grin on his face to cheer me up.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww... Thanks, Dwynwen. *blushes a bit*

*pins the rose on* And now in praise of Dwyn, since she didn't mention any of her own good qualities...

She's the epitome of what a White should be; logical, without losing touch. She's smart and capable, and she's also good at cheering people up, a la this thread. Plus, as those of us at DragonCon can attest, she's got great legs. *grins*

Also, Nia and Mia... I don't know you two as well, but you're good sports at being put into silly stories, which is always a plus!

And I know there's more singles out there... Join in so we can compliment you, too!

Yeah, I really enjoy Tigara's birthday messages, because otherwise I'd have no clue when people's were, and I'd miss them completely. So thanks a lot for that! Also, he's got a really cute little icon that always makes me smile when I see it.

Thanks!! Fear the kitty!!

Dwynwynis a very sweet and hard-working Sitter who keeps the White Ajah up to snuff.

Ben's quote "Where there's a grin, there's a way" always seems to cheer me up whenever I see it.

As for hard-working aspies, Mystica would have me beat. *noddity nod nod*

I'm single...and proud :D

I would like to say that haven't been around the White Tower very long, but I recognise all those mentioned here and they are always warm and friendly people around the boards and would be honoured to be included among them.

*huggles and snuggles all the singlies*

Dwynwen, great idea to start this...it cheered me up...yesterday was a bad day....car over heated on the way home and has to go into a garage sometime...mobile phone broke...whilst being broken down on the way home. So thank you you have a sad singley up. *extra special hugs for Dwynwen*

the best thing about being single is that my time is MY time! i don't want someone hanging over my shoulder all the time :P well, i've only had one experience with a bf and that was a bad one. he told me when i could work and when i could hang out with my other friends. Thank you T, like i needed your permission! :evil: Ur, yes, i'm still bitter!

I'm single.

I'd be fine with it, except these two guys that I'm good friends with both like me in a more-than-friends manner that I find incredibly annoying, especially since both need to be whacked on the head with something hard.

If they stopped liking me, I could complain about how no guys liked me. :lol: But now I can't. Hehe... I'm such a loser.

I'm thrilled to see that this thread is cheering people up!

Tessa, I'm so happy to hear I made your bad day better. I know I don't know you well, but from what I have seen you are sweet and fun!

Adanza, you are cool because you're interested in clinical psychology like me. I would love to talk to you more about psych. stuff sometime!

Rai, you are always so kind and welcoming. I also admire the way you stand up for your friends.

Danya and Jhae, you guys have nothing to worry about. :P

Harmony, I don't know you very well either, but you seem very caring and knowledgeable. You are not a loser!

I would have to say that the best thing about being single is the independence. Also, when you are single, you don't have to make a lot of compromises like you would with a significant other.

If they stopped liking me' date=' I could complain about how no guys liked me. :lol: But now I can't. Hehe... I'm such a loser.[/quote']

Nah, you're not. *grins* And you've always got good stuff to say around the boards, so I'm glad you're here!

Looks like I'm late to this topic, but I'm also single. The freedom to spend my free time as I wish is a huge plus, so I'm usually ok with being single. Usually. Not always.

I hate Valentines Day, and probably would still hate it even if I had a boyfriend. It's just so cheesy, with all those pink hearts and frills and diamond jewelry ads everywhere. If you don't buy people expensive gifts, you clearly don't love them. Blech :P

*squishes Dwyn* :D

Yay, my mentee's here!

Zardi is such a wonderful mentee that I could write pages of compliments about her. She's incredibly smart, and she constantly makes me proud because she's so logical. She's also a cat lover, which is a huge plus! She's open-minded and I enjoy having conversations with her.

Damon, you're single too? I'm surprised that all the girls at your school aren't throwing themselves at you.

Archived