DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Too Much?

Ryrin

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I'd have gone glazed with that... Bit sticky.

Yes, bacon would help.

I don't think that's glaze .. I think that's cold bacon fat.

Xander will love it.

There are definite cultural differences in color meanings and associations between the U.S. and Japan. Here we associate black with death (unlike the Japanese, who associate white with death) and might think that black food is molded or spoiled (i.e., dead and inedible), or else associated with the flavor licorice.

The Japanese, on the other hand, are used to eating black seaweed, fermented black bean-paste-based foods, black walnut powder, squid ink, and a lot of gray, muted-colored foods, so a black burger bun and cheese would not seem too alien to them. In fact, they reserve subtle, soft grays, blacks, and muted hues for packaging for their own local Japanese-made foods, and associate bright, loud, primary colors (reds, yellows, oranges, blues) with foreign, Western food packages, whose people they consider to [be] brash and loud. So the black Kuro burger would be novel and attention-getting (since it’s made by a Western company), but not unappetizing. Also, young people (which is Burger King’s primary market in Japan) are a better market to introduce novel food colors to since they are not as set in their ways and like novelty and excitement.

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2014/09/why-black-burgers-dont-gross-out-the-japanese.html

I'd try haggis! Most def! The bird's nest soup? no. Same for the 1000 year old egg. Unless there was money behind it. lol

How about vegemite?  :biggrin:

Answer from vix 3 people found this helpful Yeast extract, salt, malt extract, colour (caramel), vegetable flavours, vitamins (niacin, thiamine, riboflavin)

Vegemite, is an Australian product, manufactured by Kraft Foods Ltd, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. It's dark brown food paste made from yeast extract, used mainly as a spread on sandwiches, toast and cracker biscuits, as well as a filling of pastries like Cheesymite scroll, in Australia and New Zealand. It is similar to British and New Zealand Marmite and to Swiss Cenovis.

Vegemite is made from leftover brewers' yeast extract, a by-product of beer manufacturing, and various vegetable and spice additives.

Ingredients are:

Yeast extract, salt, malt extract, colour (caramel), vegetable flavours, vitamins (niacin, thiamine, riboflavin).

Archived