DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

fantasy football?

seph

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have any of you done any of these things like draft kings? I haven't tried it yet but it seems like it could be fun. You get to start anyone you want each week? It's like - fantasy fantasy football.

I’ve done some fan duel in the past, won a tiny portion of money.

You cant start anyone you want, each player has a salary relative to performance and the team has a salary cap. You can arrange you team however you want under that cap, but you cant go over.

Say, if you wanted both Le’veon Bell and Eddie Lacy for a certain week. You could do that, but you might end up with Ryan Tannehill as your QB and some mediocre WRs.

The whole general idea of fanduel/draft kings is to maximize the reward from your team that’s possible. You’re picking players with upside, someone who has a good matchup, someone who just had an injury in front of them, etc. Because having a team full of Anquan Boldins will never succeed when you’re in leagues with 15,000 people. The general idea is fun, and because I won about $25 last year in a free contest, every week I would enter a $1 contest to see if i could multiply my winnings, which proved unsuccessful. But it is no real replacement for the strategy of season long fantasy football. It’s just more of a gambling opportunity if you ask me.

Archived