DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

fantasy football?

seph

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goat LB: lewis ( I really would have wanted to say Willis if he finished his career ;( )

Nope. It's LT and it isn't close. Ray Lewis exists because of LT. The man may have had issues off the field [not unlike his murderer contemporary] but he absolutely change the position of line backer in a way that no man had since Dick Butkus. Growing up as a Giants fan, I may be *slightly* jaded here but offenses changed schemes to account for LT. He was a scheme disruptor in a way that we currently have no equivalent, JJ Watt included.

The only man I've ever seen teams scheme around to that degree outside of LT was Reggie White. And I watch a LOT of football...

TE is a conversation...

The modern NFL is soooo different from even 10 years ago. I mean, guys like Gronk and Witten and Davis and Gates only exist because of guys like Shannon Sharpe and Tony Gonzalez. But how do you compare the numbers of players in the current vertical offense to guys like John Mackey and Ditka and Kellen Winslow? And that's leaving out guys like Dave Casper and Mark Bavaro who were punishing blockers who could catch on the side - which is what the traditional TE used to be...

I can't argue against Gonzalez, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Goat LB: lewis ( I really would have wanted to say Willis if he finished his career ;( )

Nope. It's LT and it isn't close. Ray Lewis exists because of LT. The man may have had issues off the field [not unlike his murderer contemporary] but he absolutely change the position of line backer in a way that no man had since Dick Butkus. Growing up as a Giants fan, I may be *slightly* jaded here but offenses changed schemes to account for LT. He was a scheme disruptor in a way that we currently have no equivalent, JJ Watt included.The only man I've ever seen teams scheme around to that degree outside of LT was Reggie White. And I watch a LOT of football...

I put LT down in my list but as an edge rusher, for LB Im talking more 4-3 LBs or 3-4 ILBs

I think we need to fill the league first.  

Seph, invite my wife.  She can be our tenth.  Then if we can't find two more players within the first few weeks of preseasons, we can do a 10 man league.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd need at least a week's notice in either case.  But I can make a weekday work ...probably.  Are we talking about weekday at night, or during the day?

Clov, I just noticed your flavor text above your icon.  I about died :laugh:.  

Lindsey was wanting to do it on a Saturday/Sunday because she works til 6 EST M-F.  She does have some upcoming weekdays off (17th and 18th, I think?) so those might work.

Other than next weekend, I'm good with anytime on any Friday/Saturday and good after probably 4:30 EST Sun - Thurs.

• 2 weeks later...

Would the 28th

Or 29th work for everyone for the live draft?

When are we talking for the 28th? If it's between 1030-5 (I have a meeting at 9), or 8pm or after, yes, that works. If it is between 5-8...maybe? I would have to make special arrangements.

Doing the draft for my home league on the 29th, so I prob can't do the live draft that day unless it's in the evening.  28th would be much better so I don't have to spend an entire day drafting.

I love live drafts *g*. We are doing ours on the 30th I believe. Haven't heard back from everyone yet, so we might have to bump it.

Archived