DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

*gasps* O_o

Poledra

Hmmm? Church to park? If you have a little help, that could be great!

Maybe silver netting (with Lurex) with plum gauze or tulle? Or plum net with silver ribbon? Either could move right from the church to the park. If you have a break between the two, someone (oh, matron of honor?) could arrange to have the decorations moved to the park.

Simple stuff:

Swags made with the net sewn to the ribbon, that is just untied and tied on again. Could be wrapped around the trees.

Ribbons with the flowers attached already, easy to move.

Use sheets for tablecloths. Usually, twin sizes can be bought very cheap, or use your bed size folded, then take them home. You can dye cheap sheets any colour.

If you are going out to dinner separate from the reception, just have finger food, hors d'oeuvre-y things. You can make most things in advance, yourself if you want to. And if you are having it catered, appetizers are less expensive.

Punches are great ways to save money. The liquor is one of the most expensive parts of the party. YO could have multiple punch flavours, giving you another, portable decoration spot. A decorated punchbowl, on a plain tablecloth, surrounded by arrangements of appetizers. Beautiful.

I think had made invites are wonderful. What a nice keepsake for you guests! :) I am not that talented.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*shakes head*

I already told Lor to do whatever she wanted, so sure. Go ahead and start a thread. Or if you want, I'll put a whole new board up on the offsite one and you can plan to your heart's content. :roll: :P

She did get her own wedding. And I've seen pictures. It was beautiful. Mine's going to turn into a country hick-fest if I try to do it myself. I just want to be married, and the whole "wedding" thing is a hurdle to be gotten over. Ok, I don't quite look at it like that, but almost. :lol:

And of course you would consult me before deciding anything. :P

ok, I can't add the egg thingie into my signature... is it small enough to work as an avatar? that's the only way I'd get to have one here :(

but I also need the list of people who signed up for the arts and crafts exchange so I know who els eI need to make stuff for! do I have to PM Lor aobut that?

So Pol, I got some soap. I'm assuming it was from you. (I really need to get that list as well if I'm going to keep getting packages with strange names on them. :P ) I just wanted to check though, because the envelope was ripped open when I got it. Can you tell me what you sent so I can tell if there's anything missing? This is the second package (at least) that's been this way. And since my mailbox locks and it was IN the box, it has to be a post office problem. I'm going to be making a complaint to them later today, I think! :evil:

PS-- Anyone else have this problem, besides Lor? It's starting to become an epidemic!!

AH-HAH!!

Ok, I thought it was you and then I wasn't sure-- thought maybe it was Pol's thing because she mentioned soap before. I thought it was strange that there wasn't a letter or a tag or anything in there with a DM name on it. :? But then again, maybe the postman stole it!

And I got two bars of handmade soap. So at least most of it got to me. And they're awesome by the way. They're still sitting on the coffee table in my living room because I couldn't stop sniffing them. :) And yes, it was ripped open where the envelope closed-- right in the middle of where it opens. I was very upset with them. I am now going to go over to usps.com and see if I can file a complaint there now that I know what was missing!!

It's true that they never try to open the boxes-- it's always just the envelopes! But boxes are sometimes so much more $$ to send. :( And I filed a complaint! It's not the first time I've had problems with them! :evil:

You don't have to worry about sending it if you don't want to. I love what I did manage to get. Are those real flowers in the soaps or silk? They're almost too pretty to use... :wink:

lol, the only person's I have sent out so far is Jade's! I've just got to do one more candle for you, Kiara, two candles for Lor, and one more soap and candle for Leane. those are the only ones I have already started on so far.

Soaps are easy and fast, but I can make maybe two candles a day, and only 1 today since I have church after school, and that takes up 2 hours... I may have to go back to Hobby Lobby and get some more of the glycerin soap... I'm running low again! lol :)

Archived